#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Headers and AWE exhaust

Afternoon All,

This is for those out there who have the AWE Track Edition Catback exhaust with performance link pipes and TSP headers. Is there any connection issues between the two and/or issues I need to be aware of. I asked TSP, but they don't have any idea!
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 06:41 AM   #2
Ironman24

Drives: 17 ABM ZL1 M6
I am curious on this as well. I have been wondering if there is a set of long tubes with connection pipes that will fit to the AWE full exhaust without modification.

I did find some info that the Kooks connection pipes are too short by several inches.
Ironman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #3
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
NO, I believe they will NOT bolt on. TSP Headers not only use a ball and socket style connector, but the AWE exhaust even with the link pipes don't end up where they need to be to connect with headers. I know I had to modify my AWE exhaust to connect them to my speed engineering headers, and they don't even use the ball/socket TSP uses.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-ER View Post
NO, I believe they will NOT bolt on. TSP Headers not only use a ball and socket style connector, but the AWE exhaust even with the link pipes don't end up where they need to be to connect with headers. I know I had to modify my AWE exhaust to connect them to my speed engineering headers, and they don't even use the ball/socket TSP uses.
Correct. Headers need to be purchased with a long setup (TSP makes this) so they're easier to mate up at the rear axle. Attempting to connect headers only with another brand's X-Pipe is going to be an issue requiring fabrication from a good exhaust shop or somebody capable of that type of work which will include welding/cutting/bending.

Take a gander at the pic below...Figure the collectors of the headers will be around where the OEM secondary cats start (Much further back from the OEM X pipe connection point, which is where your PLP AWE setup connects). Plus as noted, the socket style connection...

It sucks but the best option may be to order the long X Pipe from TSP and connect it at the rear axle with the AWE.
Attached Images

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
PROMETHEUS

Well I will just do without! I love the sound that the AWE puts out. Thanks for the info guys!
Old 08-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Well I will just do without! I love the sound that the AWE puts out. Thanks for the info guys!
Do you find there is a lot of resonance in the cabin of your car with the track exhaust?
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
PROMETHEUS

Yep, but I don't care! Gives me a reason to crank up the tunes and roll down the windows!
Old 08-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #8
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Yep, but I don't care! Gives me a reason to crank up the tunes and roll down the windows!
Funny. This is actually the only car I have ever owned that I don’t listen to the music cranked. I listen to the engine. Kinda weird but yeah the engines noises are my music. And I’ve owned quite a few fast cars in my time.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote