Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Non RS to RS lights

So I got my car 1LE almost 2 weeks ago. But I was really wanted to see if they can add the RS headlights and tailights in the deal.
However they said they can look into it.
So when they did they said that if I were to add it then it would completely void my warranty.
Is this true or are they full of it ?

I completely love how it looks however the icing on the cake would be the RS headlights and tailights. So what do I do ?
The dealer is being a pain and is refusing to install it even if they were bought from a legit GM warehouse website.

Any help would be appreciated

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
bryaannnn6

Installing RS headlights would void your warranty? Lol never heard that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
bryaannnn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #3
bryaannnn6

I also wanted R.S in my 1LE 2SS. But I kind of got used to the non RS. Z/28-like I just need to get some LED's and I'll be set

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
bryaannnn6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:16 PM   #4
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Time for a new dealer. They are full of It's a factory option after all. It will in no way void your warranty. Call GM customer care if you want confirmation
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:32 PM   #5
JewelSS
Norcal Camaros

Drives: 2010 Red Jewel 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Oak View Post
Time for a new dealer. They are full of It's a factory option after all. It will in no way void your warranty. Call GM customer care if you want confirmation
Agreed That is just a cop out on there part. Try another dealer or tell them you want written proof of this so called "Warranty Void on stock GM Options". If it is a dealer part and installed by a dealer it will void your warranty. Some dealers just don't want to hassle with modifying cars as it takes a lot from other warranty work that they make more money off of. Don't give up as if this is what they said when you bought that model thinking it was going to happen they should have honored that.
Blaque Diamond Wheels BD23's 20x10, Hankook V12 275, AAC footwell lighting, Switchback LED's, AAC Mailslot scanner, AAC underhood, grill & underbody led lighting, AAC Plasma fogs, Eagle eye HIDs, RJT Painted calipers, RJT painted engine bay, Viteese Paddle Shifters, CFD Hurst style Shifter, RJT painted speedo & gauge trim, RotoFab CAI, TSP 2" Headers with full 3" XS Power exhaust, Granatelli Slotted rotors & Hawk HPS pads, ACS Side Rockers, ACS Front splitter, ZL1 Grill, Havoc Rear diffuser, BMR 1.4 Springs, BMR Strut tower brace, BMR F/R Sway Bars, BMR Trailing Arms,
JewelSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 PM   #6
PwrCrusr

Drives: 2014 1LE
I think it's just really expensive - yeah, I'd look for another dealer or just do it yourself. Gen5DIY makes a diy harness for $190 that lets you swap out the headlights from nonRS to RS - plug and play. You have to supply the headlight assemblies though.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Now that you've all thrown the dealer under the bus, the real truth is they really can't do it. The wiring in the car is different- it's not a plug and play swap. Although you can buy aftermarket harnesses etc to make it work- GM does NOT have those available and if they installed aftermarket harnesses etc there could be warranty issues on those related systems.
Don't ask dealers to do aftermarket mods if you aren't willing to accept no for an answer... well, except at my shop.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 PM   #8
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Phastek Performance had a post on Instagram this morning that said they were about to release all new LED type 2014-15 Non-RS headlights. They looked good!

See their IG page here: https://instagram.com/phastekperformance/
Old 08-25-2015, 07:58 AM   #9
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ28 View Post
Phastek Performance had a post on Instagram this morning that said they were about to release all new LED type 2014-15 Non-RS headlights. They looked good!

See their IG page here: https://instagram.com/phastekperformance/
The ebay ones... already "released" by everyone else on ebay.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:05 AM   #10
rgrmoreira13

yea the thing is that I am not trying to bash all the dealers. But the thing was for me when I went to get the car I wanted to get the very minimum a sunroof, Nav and NPP exhaust. The RS option was a plus. They said they would look to get it but never did they said that it would void warranty. Yes obviously I would need a different harness because it is headlamp but it should practically be a plug and play. The dealer said no because it requires splicing and cutting of wires which I know that isn't true. I think I might have to go to another dealer because also I have my wife's Equinox which we just bought there as well and they promised the side steps and now they can't find the parts to install them.

Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
Old 08-25-2015, 08:50 AM   #11
VTSummit

It isn't "practically" a plug and play. You are asking a dealer to install something they can't warranty. They probably don't even know there's some company that makes a conversion harness- it's not their job to know or care what the aftermarket has or does.
Then, if for some reason a light stops working- there's no warranty on any of it, which means they have to eat the cost of fixing it. Can they be sure that some aftermarket harness will work reliably for the length of time they are expected to warranty this mod?
Keep it in perspective- there's a LOT more to it than you think. If they can't find the car you want- go on the chevy web site, spec out what you want and hit the 'locate' button. Call a dealer who has the car- even if they have to ship it to you. I bought my Camaro when it was in PA and I'm in VT.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #12
rgrmoreira13

again it doesn't make any sense.
Even as a "replacement harness" and "replacement headlamps and tail lamps"
they would still void warranty.
Now how does that make any sense ?
If you are getting all the parts from Chevy how is it voiding warranty at all ??

That is where my issues and frustration lie.

ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
Old 08-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #13
VTSummit

It makes perfect sense- you can't make a claim on a part that didn't come on the car. If I tried to warranty an RS headlight and submit the claim, it would kick it back because that car didn't have that part on it. The wiring harness, which I doubt they know exists because it's not original/GM, is not warrantable either since it's not from GM.
You can't get all the parts from GM, as GM doesn't offer a conversion. The lights would have 12mo/12K warranty as over the counter sales- it wouldn't carry the same warranty as the car. Now, what if the lights stop working- is it a defect in the car or the aftermarket wiring? Who pays the bill to figure that out?
Maybe I suck at explaining things, but I can't imagine not understanding that mods to the car are not under warranty. When I add the 1/LE suspension to my car, all those related parts will have the 12mo/12K warranty from the parts dept but will not be under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty the car came with.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #14
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
When I bought my 2014 CRT 1LE I thought the RS option was too pricey ,but ordered it anyway because I wanted the HID head lights. IMHO if you drive on back country roads the HID's are worth it , but if you seldom do then pass. As far as the dealer and warrantee I would call Chevrolet customer service and see what they say .

Last edited by GONIF; 08-25-2015 at 01:27 PM.
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote