Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #29
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
No lol

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 07:23 PM   #30
SilverZl1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
FWIW - I recently finished my power mods (for now) and in the process added 2” Kooks LT’s, deleted the cats and kept the NPP. Sounded exactly as earlier described, raspy/tinny. Drove me nuts. Bought 2 vibrant ultra high output GESI cats $$$ and a magnaflow resonated xpipe and headed to the shop. Didn’t really want to put cats back on but had to do something. Shop talked me out of putting the cats on (for the 5th time) and convinced me to throw a couple of bullet resonators on (that they had laying around) at the rear axel where the “pinch” in the stock pipe is. Couldn’t believe it, but it did the trick. Removed 98% of the rasp and all of the rattle/tinny sound. Sounds even deeper and like it should. Returned the vibrant cats and magnaflow xpipe. $$$ back in the pocket.
SilverZl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:29 PM   #31
Chris Edwards

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZl1 View Post
FWIW - I recently finished my power mods (for now) and in the process added 2” Kooks LT’s, deleted the cats and kept the NPP. Sounded exactly as earlier described, raspy/tinny. Drove me nuts. Bought 2 vibrant ultra high output GESI cats $$$ and a magnaflow resonated xpipe and headed to the shop. Didn’t really want to put cats back on but had to do something. Shop talked me out of putting the cats on (for the 5th time) and convinced me to throw a couple of bullet resonators on (that they had laying around) at the rear axel where the “pinch” in the stock pipe is. Couldn’t believe it, but it did the trick. Removed 98% of the rasp and all of the rattle/tinny sound. Sounds even deeper and like it should. Returned the vibrant cats and magnaflow xpipe. $$$ back in the pocket.
No pictures or videos??
Chris Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #32
SilverZl1

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Traveling overseas right now but will try to post a video and some pics of the resonators when I get back.
SilverZl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:28 AM   #33
barnesbr

Drives: 2018 ZL1 10 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZl1 View Post
Do you know what resonators they installed? I’m looking to do the same. I know the pipes are 2.75” but I’m having a hard time finding resonators is that size.
2018 Summit White ZL1, A10, Navi, LPO Carbon fuel door, LPO floor mats, Carbon hood scoop, Kooks LT’s, Lingenfeltor 720HP Kit, Roto-Fab CAI, 1LE tail lights/3rd brake light, tinted side markers, ZL1 addons lift pads, 15 % tint. 642HP/664TQ

Sold: 2010 RS, Auto, Cyber Grey Metallic, Leather, Navi, Sunroof, HUD.

Sold: 2012 1SS LS3 Vert, 6-speed Manual, Inferno Orange Metallic, Borla Catback, CAI intake, Skip shift eliminator.
barnesbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:40 AM   #34
Liquidstone

Drives: 2018 ZL11LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Edwards View Post
I'm considering adding 2 resonators where the stock cats were, and also a Magnaflow "2 into 2" dual inlet/ outlet muffler in the rear, just before the rear differential. I had done this with my SS sedan and it's the only way in hell to make things civil when using longtubes, even with the stock NPP system.

Awe has resonated catbacks. I feel there exhaust tunes are closest to factory sound. Catted LT's with awe resonated track catback 👌

Below is a link to all there products, it's cool that all there stuff in interchangeable.

https://www.awe-tuning.com/chevrolet...-exhaust-suite

Hope this helps
Liquidstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 07:06 PM   #35
Zigg L1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red Tintcoat A10
I see this thread has fallen off but had anyone tried the magnaflow 12469 - 3" muffler before the x pipe yet. I just added headers and it is freaking Nascar loud at WOT. I bit higher note then I would like. I currently have the Borla Stype catback also with my Kooks catted headers. I am on the fence of the magnaflow 12469 or the dual 14419 magnaflow singles.
Zigg L1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:15 PM   #36
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I'd like to know as well. As much as I like my AWE resonated touring exhaust, it's still insanely loud for what I'm accustomed to. My neighbors 10+ houses down can hear me from inside their home...lol.

Adding a muffler like this will likely be perfect!

Does anyone know if that magnaflow has an internal X-pipe?
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:10 PM   #37
Zigg L1

Either I try that magnaflow 12469 dual in and out 3", drop two single magnaflow 14419 3" muffler for a resonator, or get the Borla resonator 2.75" 60608 and fab it into my 3" ZL1 Borla Stype catback.
I have the magnaflow 12469 that just got to my house. But having second thoughts before the install. Cold starts and WOT is the only part that I am not excited about. But I have gotten several compliments on the sound. Personally I'd like it a tad deeper and quieter. Not to much. Exhaust is such a trail and error.
Old 09-05-2019, 09:11 PM   #38
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigg L1 View Post
I see this thread has fallen off but had anyone tried the magnaflow 12469 - 3" muffler before the x pipe yet. I just added headers and it is freaking Nascar loud at WOT. I bit higher note then I would like. I currently have the Borla Stype catback also with my Kooks catted headers. I am on the fence of the magnaflow 12469 or the dual 14419 magnaflow singles.
Yeah, I have the exact same setup... how are your neighbors liking that morning cold start?
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:22 PM   #39
GT-ER

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Either I try that magnaflow 12469 dual in and out 3", drop two single magnaflow 14419 3" muffler for a resonator, or get the Borla resonator 2.75" 60608 and fab it into my 3" ZL1 Borla Stype catback.
I have the magnaflow 12469 that just got to my house. But having second thoughts before the install. Cold starts and WOT is the only part that I am not excited about. But I have gotten several compliments on the sound. Personally I'd like it a tad deeper and quieter. Not to much. Exhaust is such a trail and error.
That magnaflow should not make a HUGE difference, but it should solve your problem. I'd try it if you already have it.
GT-ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #40
drfeelgood

I too am getting a little annoyed at the sound at WOT and on cold start. Am going to add two vibrant bottle resonators to dial down the raspiness a little
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 09-06-2019, 01:51 PM   #41
Zigg L1

I could very easily return the magnaflow to summit I am sure. Don't want to turn it down too much. Those bottle vibrant bottles mufflers won't do much unless you get longer then the 12". Magnaflow also makes their own version and a bit longer. Total length 18". I don't want to jump the gun on it.
Yes Dr Feelgood cold starts are not a neighbor winner. House are spread out pretty good where I am and it still gets them
Old 09-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #42
drfeelgood

Quote:
I could very easily return the magnaflow to summit I am sure. Don't want to turn it down too much. Those bottle vibrant bottles mufflers won't do much unless you get longer then the 12". Magnaflow also makes their own version and a bit longer. Total length 18". I don't want to jump the gun on it.
Yes Dr Feelgood cold starts are not a neighbor winner. House are spread out pretty good where I am and it still gets them
I think this is a good place to start. I have to hack up the mid pips anyway, I'll start with a 13" hack, and if this is still too loud, i'll just buy the 18" and try those.

I want it loud, just not THIS loud, so even a small attenuation would be good