#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #57
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Never reset my B trip odometer since new and it's reading 17.6 mpg and 29 mph averages. And I try to maximize fuel economy most of the time, even trying to get skip shift to engage.

Maybe my engine is defective or not running right?
My average mph is like 39, so that's why I'm getting better mpg.
I use trip "A" for each fill up, and trip "B" for each oil change, but I calculate the mpg manually, miles on trip "A" divided by how much gas to fill. The DIC is always optimistic by about 1 mpg give or take.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:42 AM   #58
kjchristopher

Drives: 911SC
I don’t think the DIC is reset-to-date for mpg, but a look back over a certain timeframe. Not positive, but that explanation is consistent with the high/low results and how other DIC systems work.
kjchristopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #59
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Sure why not, I didn't buy it to look at it. I don't take it every day as I switch off with the truck. Not a track person so I swapped in some PS4S's and for the 2/3 months where the temps drop, I run all seasons. Makes going to work and coming home something to look forward to, I take back roads with a short highway stint and I average 19mpg.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 05:59 PM   #60
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones14 View Post
Never reset my B trip odometer since new and it's reading 17.6 mpg and 29 mph averages. And I try to maximize fuel economy most of the time, even trying to get skip shift to engage.

Maybe my engine is defective or not running right?
I get about 17 mpg, mainly city and inter-suburban highways. Very little inter-city high-speed highways. However, I have driven only about 4700 miles since new.
Is it true that mpg improves with millage?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:28 PM   #61
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
I get about 17 mpg, mainly city and inter-suburban highways. Very little inter-city high-speed highways. However, I have driven only about 4700 miles since new.

Is it true that mpg improves with millage?

Driving back from camarofest (bowling green to Indy) i got 24.5 mpg

Ryan B.
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:23 PM   #62
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Driving back from camarofest (bowling green to Indy) i got 24.5 mpg

Ryan B.
as the engines break in they get more efficient in all regards. mileage and power, etc. mine got 27.8 on a 14 hour drive to carolina running 75-85 with the ac on and roughly 250 lbs of cargo. i flog mine right often and it still shows lifetime avg of 22.5. 24.7 over the last 6k miles.

ryan, did you have your car out at rpm last night?
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:59 AM   #63
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
fwiw i also remember reading a thread on tech back in the day where a guy recorded his 02 ws6 a4 - mileage and corresponding 1/4 mi track times. 100% stock, over a period of 3 years and 40k miles, the car got faster up until he sold it. no changes to anything, simply driving it. makes sense, i suppose. i imagine these motors are similar given how tight they are in comparison.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #64
FlashBang23

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I daily drove my 1LE the winter before last in Chicago. About two hours a day. One there, and one back. Roughly about 60 miles a day. In all inclement weather, it was garbage. Not a surprise right??? lol But yeah it was just ok. When it was fairly warm and dry out, and I wasnt tired, it was a fun ride. But 99% of the time it was 5am on the way to work and I was just trying to wake up, or I was on the way home from work and I was tired. And in both instances, the seats were uncomfortable and driving a manual was a chore. And I spent so much time in the car, that I had no desire to drive it for pleasure when I was not commuting.

Daily driving that car ruined it for me. Had it been in the garage waiting for the weekend for me, then I would probably still have it. So after a full year of DDing it, I traded out of it for the scat pack. Literally the perfect daily driver fast car. Tons of room. Tons of power and that A8 trans that is so perfect.

buuuuuut, it was only really good for spirited daily driving in my opinion. Drag racing was fun with it too, but its a one trick pony.

So my advice from DDing several sports cars is.....Dont. If you can get a DD, and leave your fun car at home, do that. Or take the fun car on Fridays or on special/nice days only. For me, DDing the cars ruined them and ruined them for me. All the daily damage and wear and tear was hard to see and live with. The 1LE especially with those gummy tires, picked up stones and rocks and absolutely sand blasted the sides of the car. The splitter was at the mercy of everything. And the wear items like tires and brakes were expensive to waste on daily driving use.

I'd just enjoy it for what it was built for.
Literally couldn't disagree more lol. I've daily driven a G8 GT, two 5.0 mustangs and then my 1LE. Now I switch daily drivers between my 392 charger and my 1LE....wouldn't have it any other way. Each car is a riot to drive and never is "boring" to hop in and fire up. That being said I also enjoy the Recaros on long trips and will drive my car 8 hours to track for a weekend then drive it home.....different strokes i guess
Old 07-22-2019, 11:49 AM   #65
Jimbeau11

Drives: '18 Black SS 1LE; '01 Corvette Z06
I live in PA so April through October I drive it to work 3-4 times a week avoiding driving in heavy rain as much as I can.

Mine is also track-driven racking up almost 1200 of 5000 miles on-track.

My wife and I put over 400 track miles this weekend plus another 300+ driving to WGI and back from Allentown.
Jimbeau11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:44 PM   #66
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
Literally couldn't disagree more lol. I've daily driven a G8 GT, two 5.0 mustangs and then my 1LE. Now I switch daily drivers between my 392 charger and my 1LE....wouldn't have it any other way. Each car is a riot to drive and never is "boring" to hop in and fire up. That being said I also enjoy the Recaros on long trips and will drive my car 8 hours to track for a weekend then drive it home.....different strokes i guess
The charger is probably more of a DD. Could you DD the 1LE?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #67
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashBang23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
The charger is probably more of a DD. Could you DD the 1LE?
I think he already answered that.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:29 PM   #68
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
My bad—need to read slower.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #69
VLAD146

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Yup, until I get my daily
VLAD146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:22 AM   #70
csmwilliamjohnson
Silver Bullet

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
DD

My 2018 SS 1 LE is my daily drive and I wouldn't change a thing. I have a 2008 Jeep Rubicon but it currently sits in the drive way
csmwilliamjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote