Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-26-2019, 05:48 AM   #1
Calubi

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Ordering ZL1 without allocation

If a dealer places an order for a ZL1 without allocation, what are the chances of them getting an allocation assigned within a reasonable amount of time?

I have an order placed with a smaller local dealer for a ZL1 1LE. The sales manager said he does not have an allocation, but he said he spoke to a regional rep and was told the order should be picked up in a couple of weeks anyway. But after reading more horror stories on here about orders never getting picked up, I'm growing worried that my order will just sit in the queue forever.

This was the only local dealer willing to even talk about ordering, and I want to exhaust local options before trying remote. There was no deposit, and I'm not out anything if the order falls through, I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my and my dealers time.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubi View Post
If a dealer places an order for a ZL1 without allocation, what are the chances of them getting an allocation assigned within a reasonable amount of time?

I have an order placed with a smaller local dealer for a ZL1 1LE. The sales manager said he does not have an allocation, but he said he spoke to a regional rep and was told the order should be picked up in a couple of weeks anyway. But after reading more horror stories on here about orders never getting picked up, I'm growing worried that my order will just sit in the queue forever.

This was the only local dealer willing to even talk about ordering, and I want to exhaust local options before trying remote. There was no deposit, and I'm not out anything if the order falls through, I'm just wondering if I'm wasting my and my dealers time.

Thanks!

You're not that far from Becky D. I'm sure she could help you. I waited for several weeks for a dealer to try to get an allocation. They never did and the order deadline for a 2016 passed, so I had to go to another dealer and order a 2017.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Calubi

I've been in contact with her. I really wanted to exhaust local dealer options first.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #4
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Try:

https://www.coughlinpataskala.com
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
Calubi

Thanks. I'm still curious about the allocation process thought. Is it common for dealers without allocations to get an allocation within a few weeks, or is there just no hope?
Old 06-26-2019, 02:30 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Never say you have a car ordered when you haven’t given them any money or completed a signed buyers order. All it takes for you to lose the car when he finally finds one from a dealer that doesn’t want one, , is that somebody come along and offer more money than you. Then you’re SOL, and that Car is down the road with somebody else.

Fix the price and all of the things you want or a buyers order signed by the sales manager with $500 down. That should bind the dealership to your car. Also tell him you want the order number as soon as he has it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:11 PM   #7
Calubi

I have an order number and a signed order. Just no deposit.

I understand it's not entirely binding and a motivated dealer can find a way to sell to another buyer for more profit. If that were to happen, it would suck, but it's a known risk.

The question I have is how likely a dealer without an allocation is to get an allocation when placing an SRE Retail Sold order.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
A1Z is on constraint for ZL1 so if your dealer doesn't have an allocation, it might take a bit longer.

I was able to get one last week just by asking for an extra Camaro allocation. Luckily, the extra one I got was an A1Z. If your dealer asks for a Camaro every week, they will likely be able to get the order picked up without issue.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:59 PM   #9
Calubi

Thanks, that gives me some hope! The dealer doesn't do a lot of Camaro sales. When you say "ask for a Camaro every week", do you mean a new order every week? Does the dealer need to do anything week to week to "ask" for an allocation, or is having an open order the same thing?

And thanks for the answers! I want to better understand this whole process.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:47 PM   #10
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubi View Post
Thanks, that gives me some hope! The dealer doesn't do a lot of Camaro sales. When you say "ask for a Camaro every week", do you mean a new order every week? Does the dealer need to do anything week to week to "ask" for an allocation, or is having an open order the same thing?

And thanks for the answers! I want to better understand this whole process.
No, when your dealer checks their allocation on Thursdays, if they received 0, they can set their desired quantity to 1. They just need to make sure that your preliminary order is the only one in there. If they have another order in there, yours might not get picked up because of the constraint.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote