Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-19-2019, 08:45 AM   #1
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
ECS/ Vortech 1500SL Kit: 50 State, CARB Compliance?

In light of ATI announcing a CARB compliant kit to the market last week, is Vortech planning to offer a similar solution (I.E. via ECS)?

I believe that over&above the pure compliance issue, retaining the factory airbox might be an interesting option to others (including myself), who prefer maintaining the OE-Stock look inside the engine bay.

BtW: Vortech claims to be a leader in provision of CARB compliant solutions:

https://vortechsuperchargers.com/blo...arb-compliance
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
In light of ATI announcing a CARB compliant kit to the market last week, is Vortech planning to offer a similar solution (I.E. via ECS)?

I believe that over&above the pure compliance issue, retaining the factory airbox might be an interesting option to others (including myself), who prefer maintaining the OE-Stock look inside the engine bay.

BtW: Vortech claims to be a leader in provision of CARB compliant solutions:

https://vortechsuperchargers.com/blo...arb-compliance
This article refers to the fact that they already have Carb compliance on 2800 kits but the Camaro is still a Tuner kit based on the web site description.

https://vortechsuperchargers.com/col...nt=37011862026

If you would like to purchase a Carb compliant Supercharger that retains the stock air box you have several choices we can help you with from Edelbrock, Magnuson, and Whipple.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #3
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
This article refers to the fact that they already have Carb compliance on 2800 kits but the Camaro is still a Tuner kit based on the web site description.

https://vortechsuperchargers.com/col...nt=37011862026

If you would like to purchase a Carb compliant Supercharger that retains the stock air box you have several choices we can help you with from Edelbrock, Magnuson, and Whipple.

Ted.
Thank you Ted.
I was just giving this 2800 kit as an example of Vortech claiming to lead CARB compliance with their solutions.

I am referring to Centri type Superchargers retaining the stock airbox. You mentioned PD solutions only.
Which kind of Centri type solutions, other than the new ATI solution can you propose?
Old 06-20-2019, 07:43 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thank you Ted.
I was just giving this 2800 kit as an example of Vortech claiming to lead CARB compliance with their solutions.

I am referring to Centri type Superchargers retaining the stock airbox. You mentioned PD solutions only.
Which kind of Centri type solutions, other than the new ATI solution can you propose?
No centrifugals can retain the factory air box on the Camaro, the supercharger uses up that space.

That is what makes it difficult to get CARB compliance.

PD is your only option at this point.

Ted.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
SpaceCadet

Drives: '99 Vette, '02 SVT Focus
Never save never... they made the top of air box fit.

https://www.procharger.com/automotiv...maro-ss-lt1-eo
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:31 PM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceCadet View Post
Never save never... they made the top of air box fit.

https://www.procharger.com/automotiv...maro-ss-lt1-eo
Well I didn't say Never, but I guess my info is now outdated LOL

Great news and congrats to Procharger for stepping it up yet again.

Now you have an Option Eldi Z.

And it is a great Option I really like the P1X.

Ted.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
Eldi Z

Quote:
Well I didn't say Never, but I guess my info is now outdated LOL

Great news and congrats to Procharger for stepping it up yet again.

Now you have an Option Eldi Z.

And it is a great Option I really like the P1X.

Ted.
Yes Ted and this point about ATI now having a CARB compliant kit was stated in my original post with the question about Vortech if they plan to do the same with their 1500 SL for instance.

Anyway, for a 93 tune what kind of typical WHP figures can be expected from your tune on a P1X, while keeping the engine in the safest zone possible? I.E. in the 7-7.5 PSI region?

Would the fueling (Injectors & HPFP) have to be upgraded to the LT4 ones?
LPFP on mine is already the LT4's.

Thanks for your information.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Yes Ted and this point about ATI now having a CARB compliant kit was stated in my original post with the question about Vortech if they plan to do the same with their 1500 SL for instance.

Anyway, for a 93 tune what kind of typical WHP figures can be expected from your tune on a P1X, while keeping the engine in the safest zone possible? I.E. in the 7-7.5 PSI region?

Would the fueling (Injectors & HPFP) have to be upgraded to the LT4 ones?
LPFP on mine is already the LT4's.

Thanks for your information.
I apologize I missed it.

In order to stay carb compliant you must stay with stock fuel system and run the CARB compliant tune provided by Procharger.

We never use Procharger tunes as we do custom tuning daily.

The stock LT1 fuel system can only support 570-580 RWHP so that would be your limit.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:33 PM   #9
Eldi Z

Quote:
I apologize I missed it.

In order to stay carb compliant you must stay with stock fuel system and run the CARB compliant tune provided by Procharger.

We never use Procharger tunes as we do custom tuning daily.

The stock LT1 fuel system can only support 570-580 RWHP so that would be your limit.
Thanks Ted. Actually, my main concern is the stock appearance inside the engine bay (I.E Stock airbox remains in place with this new ATI kit).
CARB compliance is not important to me.

I like the idea of getting tuned by your good self. Especially since you offer remote tuning as well, which is the only way I can work right now.

So, with such ATI kit (stock airbox configuration), utilizing the P1X head-unit
and adding the missing LT4 Fueling (Injectors + HPFP) on clean 93 Octane (no "E", Etc.) which kind of WHP figures can be expected (typically from your experience) , while keeping the stock engine safe for Daily use (Longevity: most important factor)?
Old 06-21-2019, 07:09 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks Ted. Actually, my main concern is the stock appearance inside the engine bay (I.E Stock airbox remains in place with this new ATI kit).
CARB compliance is not important to me.

I like the idea of getting tuned by your good self. Especially since you offer remote tuning as well, which is the only way I can work right now.

So, with such ATI kit (stock airbox configuration), utilizing the P1X head-unit
and adding the missing LT4 Fueling (Injectors + HPFP) on clean 93 Octane (no "E", Etc.) which kind of WHP figures can be expected (typically from your experience) , while keeping the stock engine safe for Daily use (Longevity: most important factor)?
The Lt1 fuel system tops out around 570-580 as I said before.

Once that is addressed the next brick wall is octane which will top out around 600-610 RWHP on 93 E-10

E-10 is more knock resistant then pure 93.

You can extend this range with Exhaust system upgrades, I.E. Kooks LT coated headers with Green Cats back to the stock muffler retaining a pleasant exhaust note.

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Ted.