Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #1
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
STRANGE: 3 Chirps!!!

I am baffled by the sound of three chirps or light chimes that occur intermittently while driving my Camaro 2SS. It sounds only 2 chirps on occasion but usually 3. There are no codes of any kind and no warnings. The tone is very low and you almost have to listen and anticipate the sound or you won't hear it. It sounds like it's coming from the right side. All of the warnings are sounded through the car's radio speakers, so I don't know where in the world it's coming from or what's causing it. I have noticed that it may come when I drive over particularly rough roads.

Yes I just installed a supercharger, but it was making the sound just before I installed the SC.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what it could be?

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Mine does that when the FOB is too far away. If its in my pocket and I fuel while the car is running it will do that. Maybe check the FOB battery and make sure its close by and see if it happens?
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Mine does that when the FOB is too far away. If its in my pocket and I fuel while the car is running it will do that. Maybe check the FOB battery and make sure its close by and see if it happens?
You fuel the car while it’s running? Never heard of anyone doing that. What is the reason for keeping the car running while putting fuel in?
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #4
S.Macias
Monterey County Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
I am baffled by the sound of three chirps or light chimes that occur intermittently while driving my Camaro 2SS. It sounds only 2 chirps on occasion but usually 3. There are no codes of any kind and no warnings. The tone is very low and you almost have to listen and anticipate the sound or you won't hear it. It sounds like it's coming from the right side. All of the warnings are sounded through the car's radio speakers, so I don't know where in the world it's coming from or what's causing it. I have noticed that it may come when I drive over particularly rough roads.

Yes I just installed a supercharger, but it was making the sound just before I installed the SC.

Does anyone have a suggestion of what it could be?

Mine did that to me yesterday. I turned it on and started driving down the road and it chimed 3 times after about a minute of driving. No warnings, no CEL, seat belt on, FOB battery replaced 6 months ago.

It reminded me of the sound when my girl gets into the car and doesn't put her seat belt on right away. I figured maybe that sensor was malfunctioning. Driven 100 miles since yesterday and no issues.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #5
L8Apex

Drives: 2016 2SS
I got that when my key fob battery was low
L8Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Do you have anything sitting on the passenger seat?
It could be due to the car thinking something is pressing on the passenger seat enough to make the car think someone is sitting there but doesn't have their seat belt on.

I've seen it happen on one of my cars when I had a packaghe sitting on the seat, and when I went over a bump, the bouncing of the package was just enough to bounce the package just hard enough to trigger the seat belt chime. Drove me nuts trying to figure that one out.

According to the manual.....
The passenger airbag status indicator lights on the overhead console are visible when the vehicle is started. See Passenger Airbag Status Indicator

Next time it chimes, quickly look at your overhead console and see if the light was blinking for the passenger seat belt.

To test this possibilty, either set something heavy on the seat to represent a child's weight, or have a passenger ride along and go over that same bump.\
If it doesn't chime anymore, then it points to the seatbelt sensor either being triggered by whatever you had sitting on the seat before, or a possible sensor error.
If it still chimes, the at least you have eliminated that being the cause and you'll have to continue looking elsewhere.

Last edited by HDRDTD; 07-14-2020 at 05:40 PM.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 04:38 PM   #7
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
I have did at 30 below zero, but never in the summer, hardly gets to down 30 above zero in Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caSStro18 View Post
You fuel the car while it’s running? Never heard of anyone doing that. What is the reason for keeping the car running while putting fuel in?
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:07 PM   #8
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
I have did at 30 below zero, but never in the summer, hardly gets to down 30 above zero in Florida!
Well, that makes sense then I guess. Keep the inside warm especially if it's that cold outside!
Old 07-14-2020, 07:54 PM   #9
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Well, that makes sense then I guess. Keep the inside warm especially if it's that cold outside!
That and if it’s running you don’t have to worry about it not starting.
It’s harder with new cars, with all the systems you should actually get a CEL with the cap open to the air and it’s running.
Modern FI cars start way better then they used to back in the day.
OP, I would change the fob battery and see if it goes away.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #10
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
It’s usually 98 degrees outside.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 07:33 AM   #11
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
Quote:
You have to keep it running to see the gas gauge move if you top it off with gas cans you dont want to over fill it. Dont want to fill up the vapor charcoal emissions canister.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
WhitesnakeSS

Quote:
Heck to the yeah. When it's 98 degrees out and humidity at near 100 as well.... Yes you better believe I do. 👍
WhitesnakeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:37 AM   #13
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Up here in Michigan, it's unlawful to have your car running when filling the tank with gas at the gas station.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #14
caSStro18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Up here in Michigan, it's unlawful to have your car running when filling the tank with gas at the gas station.
Here in California as well. But, that doesn’t mean people still don’t do it. I still haven’t heard any good reasons for doing so, other than it being 30 below. I can totally understand that. The other reasons I don’t get. I can stand high temps for the 5 minutes it takes to fill my car. I’m not worried about the car not starting. I don’t watch the fuel gauge rise while I’m filling the tank. I don’t know. But, I really don’t care what other people do. As long as they don’t blow up the gas station while I’m filling my car, I’m not affected by it.