Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-01-2020, 08:40 PM   #15
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I ordered my 2017 Camaro SS through Becky. I drove from Saint Louis to Detroit with my (then) four year old to pick up the car. I didn’t get to meet Becky that day because she was at a track event , but Joe took amazing care of us. Becky also helped facilitate the installation of a short-throw shifter, catch can, Borla exhaust, and a new lower rear fascia to accommodate the exhaust before I picked up the car. It was not only an enjoyable car-buying experience, it was an experience my son and I will never forget.

I finally got to meet Becky at Camarofest. It was the highlight of the weekend for me. She had never met my sons, but she immediately asked how they were doing. She gave me hats to give to them. I honestly can’t think of a more gentle and caring soul. When I tagged her in an Instagram post (seen below), she said how much she enjoyed meeting me, but clearly the pleasure was all mine. Rest In Peace, Becky.

Name:  79F29607-44E6-4179-89AA-24B621EC1924.jpeg
Views: 1511
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  C88ECEDD-226E-4FC7-844E-E7F9AA8D66EA.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  116.0 KB
Old 07-03-2020, 12:57 AM   #16
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
As others have mentioned, BeckyD is the Fbodmother for all 5th and 6th Gen Camaros... Alongside the likes of Al, and Scott, she was instrumental in the success of this platform that has bonded and introduced so many of us.... the 5th Gen Camaro, now the 6th Gen Camaro, as well as all of the other offerings in the Chevrolet lineup...

Becky was iconic, but not just for her efforts at car sales... She brought a smile and a genuine caring heart into every meeting with every person she ran into.... Well, other than those she was competing against on the track.... and with those, she would buy you a drink after the session was over, regardless of the outcome... and she would kick your ass around the track with a smile on her face....

Becky touched the lives of tens of thousands here on Camaro5/6, and she touched the lives of every attendee of any of the Camaro5 Fests, whether you knew it or not....

I've visited with her numerous times on the phone and in person, about inane things, and car purchases.... Rodger the sock and F1 events here in Texas... I've been to dinner with her on numerous occasions and never once, heard her utter a cross word, or say anything bad about anyone....

Becky was a once in a lifetime special person.... and I am deeply saddened at this early loss of her life... She was married to Joe, whom I hold in as high a level of esteem....

Joe, and to all of her friends and family that may see this, my prayers for your peace and comfort through this tremendous loss....

BeckyD,

I'll miss you, I think about you, and I'll pray for the other drivers at the Gingerman in the sky, or COTA in heaven...

Love Ya,

God Speed....

Your Friend,

Robert

BeckyD with some ice cream...Name:  718665D0-A36A-4334-BEB0-51D64FA1ADBC.jpeg
Views: 1170
Size:  107.6 KB

Becky and another of my favorite people, Bonnie P. Name:  3E652D0D-382A-413E-977D-7AA430BF2412.jpeg
Views: 1170
Size:  124.8 KB

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:23 AM   #17
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Thanks Robert... very well said.

I keep starting to write something up but it's just too raw right now and I can never get done.

Rest assured I'll be back and reading all the memorial posts too.

Name:  bd3.JPG
Views: 1286
Size:  118.6 KB

Name:  bd2.jpg
Views: 1312
Size:  141.2 KB

Name:  BeckD Fest 1.JPG
Views: 1268
Size:  112.6 KB

Name:  BeckyD1.JPG
Views: 1298
Size:  56.0 KB

Name:  bd5.JPG
Views: 1271
Size:  43.3 KB
Old 07-03-2020, 07:31 PM   #18
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
There aren’t really words I can find that describe my grief over the loss of my friend who I loved dearly. She was an amazing person. I bought a bunch of cars from her, Camaros, trucks, SUVs, my kids very first cars etc but she was so much more than my go to for vehicles. She was a friend to my family and we all loved her and she loved us.

She could drive a car on the track and man did she like to show up the boys which she did regularly. Many track days with Becky. I’ve never actually had a track day without her. They won’t be the same but I like to think that she’ll be with me. We had a bunch planned for this year. I’m so terribly sad but so terribly glad that I was able to have such a close relationship with this amazing lady. She will be missed. Prayers to Joe and her family for peace and strength at this difficult time.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #19
Frankie18SS

Drives: 18 Camaro 2SS, 07 Saturn Ion
She was an amazing person. I can only hope that someday I'll be able to live my life with the passion that she lived hers. My deepest sympathy is with her family. Becky,
Old 07-04-2020, 10:03 PM   #20
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Becky made the car buying process so simple. Bought my 18 Camaro basically via email and telephone. She had it delivered to my house in Jan 2018.

Second was my truck. Ordered it last year. Had a few things I wanted done to it (trailboss lift, painted door handles, black side steps) and she took care of it all. Dealers I spoke to wouldn’t do it or wanted a bunch of extra $. I made the drive up to Michigan to pick it up. Met her and joe and got to see the warehouse. Really nice shop. Wish I could have spent more time but had a 5 hr trip back home.

Easiest two vehicle purchases I ever made. She will be greatly missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:01 PM   #21
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post

Easiest two vehicle purchases I ever made. She will be greatly missed
I had one even easier... she drop shipped to a dealer less than 2 miles from my house.

But is way more fun getting a Warehouse delivery in person!!
Old 07-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #22
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I had one even easier... she drop shipped to a dealer less than 2 miles from my house.

You mean like this ??

Name:  710_2529 (Medium).JPG
Views: 1202
Size:  300.5 KB
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #23
Kaizer_911

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
I met Becky online via the forums from some of her giveaways and what not.

But I got to first met her in person at my first CamaroFest. Which was also the first year it was in Bowling Green.

She remembered who I was, based on my handle here and a few things we had messaged about on the forums.

This was also the year we got to see and sit in a preproduction 6th gen. I was sold. I went back and talked to her about ordering one and she explained a little about it and we exchanged contact info.

That fall/winter I contacted Becky after the 6th gens started shipping to order one for myself. And my local dealers here in Memphis didn’t want to order a manual. Said it was too big a risk in case I walked from the deal. But Becky said it was no problem.

It was right around shut down time and I was originally going for a 2016 2SS HyperBlue Metallic. She told me to wait till after the first of the year due to a possible price change and to wait and see if something came along.

Well she was right. Price reduction and announcement of the 1LE. We talked again and I said that was cool but not quite what I wanted. We started to setup an order in Workbench then she suggested waiting until after the Chicago auto show. So I waited again. Gave me more time to save lol.

Well the 50th Anniversary Edition got unveiled, graphic only. But I was sold. I messaged Becky as soon as I saw it and she messaged back “Oh I know. I already put your name down for it.” She did that before I told her. She just knew what I wanted and it was amazing she knew me that well.

Then we sat down and did all the nitty gritty back and forth via email, text, etc. And she ordered my F1FTY the day the ordering banks opened. She kept me apprised the whole way of the process. Including the fact we had no idea how much the car was going to cost since pricing hasn’t been released. It didn’t matter. I was getting that car.

She sent me pics and videos of it being unloaded off the truck. Teaser shots of it getting PDI and a cool group shot of a few 50ths she got in.

Then the day to pick it up. It took a little bit of schedule arranging. But I managed. I flew into Detroit that afternoon, same day another forum member, Dave from the TPW 6/6 2017 1st build group was picking up. He and I had talked and became Camaro brothers.

Anyway, Becky tells me her “driver” will pick me up at the airport. A sweet, fully loaded Tahoe picks me and it’s Joe who picked me up. We talked about all things car and history and had a beat time. I didn’t know about Joe at that point but it later became the joke he’s “Becky’s Driver” and every time we saw or talked to each other that was our joke.

I get taken to the dealership and my Camaro is all shiny and set aside for me. We finish the paperwork and got to go The Warehouse.

Becky and Joe made Dave and feel like Kings for the day. The delivery process, The Warehouse, the hospitality (putting us up and feeding us).

Then on my 12 hour drive back home Becky checked in on me throughout the journey until I made it back home.

We stayed in touch after that and at every Fest since the first one in Bowling Green, Becky and Joe and I would talk and catch up.

She even dubbed me the 50th Godfather due to how “excited” I got over this car. And many of you know this or have seen it lol.

Becky was an amazing person. She made everyone feel welcomed. She treated everyone with the same respect and everyone for the same level of attention and time.

She will be sorely missed. She, Joe, and their family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
3100 - 05/25/16 | 3300 - 05/28/16
3400 - 05/31/16 | 3800 - 06/14/16, #125 Built!
4200 - 06/29/16 | 5000 - 06/29/16
6000 - 07/08/16 | Club F1FTY
Kaizer_911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:30 AM   #24
Ryanbabz71

Quote:

Yea my truck looked huge in the warehouse. I was like uh oh is it gonna fit in my garage lol

Old 07-05-2020, 12:39 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
Yea my truck looked huge in the warehouse. I was like uh oh is it gonna fit in my garage lol

I did a lot of measuring those Trail Boss trucks up to see if they would fit in my parking garage downtown. Very close fit but I can make it in most places.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #26
Ryanbabz71

Quote:
I did a lot of measuring those Trail Boss trucks up to see if they would fit in my parking garage downtown. Very close fit but I can make it in most places.

Wasn’t only the height the standard bed is just under a foot longer too

Old 07-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #27
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Thinking about you today it's been a rough week. I am sure we can all agree with that. Still hard to believe it's been a week since that call came :(

Hoping you did some racing this weekend and knowing you I am sure you are selling Chevy's to everyone you meet in the Great Chevy Showroom.

We all miss you

#TeamBeckyD Forever
Attached Images

Last edited by 01pewterz28; 07-06-2020 at 12:58 PM.
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #28
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Was there a favorite charity that Becky had that we could make in her behalf?