Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-31-2020, 04:40 PM   #8653
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Side Skirts installed

Installed the side skirts finally, a little bit of black down low sets of the look just right IMO.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:09 PM   #8654
Ivar

Drives: 2019 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJR8402 View Post
Ivar, what kind of vinyl did you use on the side markers?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:14 PM   #8655
Ivar

Drives: 2019 2SS Convertible
Tinted Front Windshield, doesnt look that dark in the sunlight/real life.
Attached Images

Ivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:36 AM   #8656
Thrashed1LE

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Installed front and rear rock guards.
Attached Images

GM Spectrum Lighting
Alpine component speakers, JBL amp, Magnum Subs
3M tinted windows
ZL1 Add Ons front and rear rock guards
Stainless Works headers and x-pipe
Borla ATAK axleback exhaust
Dyno tuned at National Speed, 464rwhp, 493ft lbs
Next up, MSD intake manifold and another set of dyno tunes
Thrashed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #8657
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
Staying busy with cosmetic upgrades.

I love the 2019 look. Everyone has their own opinions, but that was one of the reason why I got one. I love how aggressive it looks.

With all the time at home this spring I added the Second Gen front fascia extension. Black lug nuts/wheel lock kit. GM Performance Cold Air Intake. Diode Dynamics LED side marker lights.

I am not mechanically inclined what-so-ever but I did find such a sense of accomplishment installing the CAI that I went and put in a Tony Mamo ported throttle body this weekend along with a Mighty Mouse catch can (the only non-cosmetic upgrades I've done to the car). Initial results feel good so far with the new throttle body, it's been raining so I haven't had a chance to work it up yet - still breaking it in.

I do enjoy seeing all the upgrades and changes that people do to their cars. Reading this forum has definitely given me ideas, some that I have already implemented.

Last edited by KenMaro; 08-02-2020 at 07:30 PM. Reason: adding images
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:48 PM   #8658
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Got my quick Jack setup and tested. There's so much room for activities under the Camaro now!

Got the 5000 ext. It barely reaches the Jack points. Not sure how people lift it with the shorter ones.

So awesome though. So much higher than floor jacking or ramps
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:24 PM   #8659
First Camaro 50th

Drives: Chevy Camaro Convertible 2SS
changed to smoked side marker lights this weekend!

Amber front side lights on the red vert just didn't work. Now, they are all smoked black and light up with red LEDs.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2020, 08:36 PM   #8660
KenMaro

[QUOTE=Cyrus;10841071]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
I love the 2019 look. Everyone has their own opinions, but that was one of the reason why I got one. I love how aggressive it looks.

With all the time at home this spring I added the Second Gen front fascia extension. Black lug nuts/wheel lock kit. GM Performance Cold Air Intake. Diode Dynamics LED side marker lights.

I am not mechanically inclined what-so-ever but I did find such a sense of accomplishment installing the CAI that I went and put in a Tony Mamo ported throttle body this weekend along with a Mighty Mouse catch can (the only non-cosmetic upgrades I've done to the car). Initial results feel good so far with the new throttle body, it's been raining so I haven't had a chance to work it up yet - still breaking it in.

I do enjoy seeing all the upgrades and changes that people do to their cars. Reading this forum has definitely given me ideas, some that I have already implemented.

I will admit the nose on the 19's is growing on me. I'm liking it more now than I first did. Front splitter is essential IMO.

I plan on doing the GM rear Splash guards and Diode's side markers myself, did you install them at the same time? Lights first I assume so you only have to pull of the clips once. Looks like a straight forward easy install. Also planning to get the GM CAI wasn't sure I could handle the install. Hate to pay for the labor. Not expecting much from that other than it looks cool and maybe slightly better engine sound. But your not breaking the bank for one so not a big deal about no performance gain.

How important is adding a catch can ?

I ordered the body color splash guards with the car. I believe they were a dealership install after it arrived. The install was easy enough, I really only had to pull one screw out (the downside was the splash guard was screwed in over the wheel liner so getting the liner out from beneath it took some work). Other than that, the video Diode Dynamics has for the install really is simple, no jacks or lifts needed as long as you car hasn't been lowered.

I was skeptical about doing the install myself for the CAI but after watching multiple videos I decided to tackle it. It wasn't too bad, the instructions that came with it were very informative with pictures and diagrams. I imagine someone who knows what they are doing could do it in half an hour or so... it took me about two hours... As I said, I was nervous and have never attempted anything like it before.

There are quite a few threads on these forums regarding catch cans. I liked the idea and theory behind it so I went for it. I can not see a downside to it... much like the CAI. I do think it looks good as well under the hood.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:37 PM   #8661
Cyrus

Drives: 50th 2SS
Quote:

I will admit the nose on the 19's is growing on me. I'm liking it more now than I first did. Front splitter is essential IMO.

I plan on doing the GM rear Splash guards and Diode's side markers myself, did you install them at the same time? Lights first I assume so you only have to pull of the clips once. Looks like a straight forward easy install. Also planning to get the GM CAI wasn't sure I could handle the install. Hate to pay for the labor. Not expecting much from that other than it looks cool and maybe slightly better engine sound. But your not breaking the bank for one so not a big deal about no performance gain.

Did you paint your strut bar ?

How important is adding a catch can ?
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:40 PM   #8662
KenMaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Did you paint your strut bar ?
The strut bar was purchased like that. I believe you can find them at quite a few online stores as well as your local dealership - it should be listed under the performance accessories.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:43 PM   #8663
Cyrus

Quote:
The strut bar was purchased like that. I believe you can find them at quite a few online stores as well as your local dealership - it should be listed under the performance accessories.
Wish mine looked like that the GM silver one looks really plain.
50th Anniversary, 2SS, Build#5771, A8, MRC, NPP, NAV, Sunroof, GM Performance CAI, Trifecta Tuned, GM splash guards, Black illuminated bowtie, GM smoked tail lights & third brake light, GM Fifty floor mats, Strut tower brace, JWM side markers, 20% window tint, Sto N Sho front license plate bracket
Old 08-02-2020, 09:19 PM   #8664
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
Wish mine looked like that the GM silver one looks really plain.
I wrapped mine with 3M carbon fiber sheet. Did the CAI box, too.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:55 PM   #8665
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
That looks great!!
Old 08-02-2020, 10:18 PM   #8666
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Great idea thanks looks good.