Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #1
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Front Splitter Removal

Does anyone know if i can remove the ZL1 1LE front Splitter with the bumper on the car? When I did the conversion, i had the bumper off but i think the front lower splitter clips can all be reached and removed as long as I removed all the lower trays. Is that correct?

Today while having fun in the mountains, a huge rock hit my splitter. Fortunately, it didn't break it but it damaged my PPF and the gloss paint. So need to redo paint and PPF but I seriously do not want to have to remove the bumper.
Old 08-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #2
rbiehl

Drives: '23 ZL1 Riverside Blue M6
I removed and replaced the splitter on my 18 ZL1 without removing the bumper. I don't believe it would be different on the ZLE.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
rbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 07:48 PM   #3
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiehl View Post
I removed and replaced the splitter on my 18 ZL1 without removing the bumper. I don't believe it would be different on the ZLE.

The ZLE splitter has push tabs under the lower grille. I know the side clips i can get to it. I am not too sure about the middle ones. I guess I'll find out soon
Old 08-27-2022, 08:15 PM   #4
rbiehl

Drives: '23 ZL1 Riverside Blue M6
Almost positive the ZL1 has the same plastic push connectors. It wasn't fun but I think you can get it off without taking off the bumper.

rbiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 02:48 AM   #5
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
The ZLE splitter has push tabs under the lower grille. I know the side clips i can get to it. I am not too sure about the middle ones. I guess I'll find out soon
I've got 10 inch race ramps if you want to bring it over to give it a quick look-see.

Also have all in one jacks stands that will take it further.

Lmk if I can help.
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:15 AM   #6
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
1. peel back the fender liners

2. remove the 3 bolts on winglets each side
remove the push tabs on each winglet from the inside by going through the fender liner (push in safety tab then slide up or down depending on which direction its installed)

3. remove the hard plastic pan under the car 10mm bolts and 1 push pin
now remove the jillion 7mm headed bolts that hold the fabric material to the splitter and the 3 piece wind diverters. there's a chance you may have to drill out the 1 rivet in the center diverter some are push pin style some aren't.
Now fold down the fabric material to gain access to the same 2 clips found on each of the winglets.

I was the 1st to install this aero kit I've done it at least 3 or 4 times for local people.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508925

on your 1st attempt it maybe easier to remove the bumper if so see lethal garage's video its an ss but its the same except the splitter which I lined out.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:04 PM   #7
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
I've got 10 inch race ramps if you want to bring it over to give it a quick look-see.

Also have all in one jacks stands that will take it further.

Lmk if I can help.
Oh man i didn't see this in time. I did it today. On my driveway with two jacks. Now i need to get it repainted and re PPF.

Let me know if you want to go for a drive sometime. I usually go out to ACH or Ojai or SD
Old 09-04-2022, 10:06 PM   #8
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
1. peel back the fender liners

2. remove the 3 bolts on winglets each side
remove the push tabs on each winglet from the inside by going through the fender liner (push in safety tab then slide up or down depending on which direction its installed)

3. remove the hard plastic pan under the car 10mm bolts and 1 push pin
now remove the jillion 7mm headed bolts that hold the fabric material to the splitter and the 3 piece wind diverters. there's a chance you may have to drill out the 1 rivet in the center diverter some are push pin style some aren't.
Now fold down the fabric material to gain access to the same 2 clips found on each of the winglets.

I was the 1st to install this aero kit I've done it at least 3 or 4 times for local people.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508925

on your 1st attempt it maybe easier to remove the bumper if so see lethal garage's video its an ss but its the same except the splitter which I lined out.
Thanks. Yeah this helped. The push tabs were easy.. the middle tabs that are pressed under the grill were a PITA but i got it done.. hopefully i won't have to removed again. This car has taught me to be more accepting and stop worrying about small damage.. it is inevitable for this car. Big rock magnet.
Old 09-05-2022, 07:04 AM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Thanks. Yeah this helped. The push tabs were easy.. the middle tabs that are pressed under the grill were a PITA but i got it done.. hopefully i won't have to removed again. This car has taught me to be more accepting and stop worrying about small damage.. it is inevitable for this car. Big rock magnet.
Most people have problems with pulling into far in parking spots and not backing in.

I have the rock problems even with xpel or ceramic clear bra that can't stop all rocks from cracking my carbon fiber splitter.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote