Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Idea to help squash repeat posts

Hey mods. I've been noticing recently that any time a big topic comes up in the Camaro world, we have multiple threads about it over several weeks. While it's true that every message board has this problem, why don't we minimize it?

I suggest the mods edit the thread title and keywords for "hot topics" such as "Camaro hits pole and splits down the middle" or the new rash of threads about that Trans Am/Z28 nose in camo. If you look, there are probably three or four threads on the latter, and all of the titles refer to it in a different way.

If it looks like a Trans Am nose to someone, that guy's going to search for "new trans am nose", rather than "Z28" or "2011 Camaro". Bam--repost. Now what if the thread title were "{insert original thread title} - 2011 Camaro - Z28 - Possible Trans Am"?

Just a thought.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #2
Dave_O
Needs a Camaro

Drives: 2007 Chevy Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandotron View Post
Hey mods. I've been noticing recently that any time a big topic comes up in the Camaro world, we have multiple threads about it over several weeks. While it's true that every message board has this problem, why don't we minimize it?

I suggest the mods edit the thread title and keywords for "hot topics" such as "Camaro hits pole and splits down the middle" or the new rash of threads about that Trans Am/Z28 nose in camo. If you look, there are probably three or four threads on the latter, and all of the titles refer to it in a different way.

If it looks like a Trans Am nose to someone, that guy's going to search for "new trans am nose", rather than "Z28" or "2011 Camaro". Bam--repost. Now what if the thread title were "{insert original thread title} - 2011 Camaro - Z28 - Possible Trans Am"?

Just a thought.
Makes sense, but would probably be a hassle... Lets see though!

I LOVE GM vehicles, and particularly Chevy's, but would buy any GM vehicle if I had the $$...Hopefully, one day, soon enough, a 5th Gen CAMARO! Dave_O
Dave_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
Some people still wont take the time to do a search before posting anyway so editing the title will only cut down on so much, ya know?

'I wish I was the full moon shining off a Camaro's hood' ~ Pearl Jam Wishlist
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
IMO the search feature is the only thing I don't like here. I never seem to get the expected or desired results. Any one feel this way?