Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #113
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
So all the signal alerts, door chime, seat belt chime, park assist beeps Etc. go through the output from the receiver to the speakers in-line with the actual "music" (I.E. Radio and Multi-Media) volume? I thought these chimes had their "own" volumes which can be capped to a lower signal level and this would avoid them breaking in with the full volume coming together with the music (post external Amp/s to the speakers...)
Yes, but just like factory, the chimes are always at the same fixed volume level regardless of where the dash volume knob is set. The only volumes you can change are phone call and media output.

Unless you can reprogram the receiver to output chimes at a lower level, that's just the way it's going to be.
Old 11-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #114
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Yes, but just like factory, the chimes are always at the same fixed volume level regardless of where the dash volume knob is set. The only volumes you can change are phone call and media output.

Unless you can reprogram the receiver to output chimes at a lower level, that's just the way it's going to be.
I see. Thanks for the input. Must see how and via which application I can reprogram the chimes. I would like to eliminate them altogether if possible.

Maybe there is a useful diagnostics software app. for GM vehicles that can also do this (I am not sure HP Tuners and/or EFI-Live can be used for this means as well?) .

I am new to GM - I am an newcomer from the VAG "World" = Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, Etc. where I am using VAG-COM www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/ to handle faults correction, data-logging and reprogramming, Etc.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #115
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
I see. Thanks for the input. Must see how and via which application I can reprogram the chimes. I would like to eliminate them altogether if possible.

Maybe there is a useful diagnostics software app. for GM vehicles that can also do this (I am not sure HP Tuners and/or EFI-Live can be used for this means as well?) .

I am new to GM - I am an newcomer from the VAG "World" = Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda, Etc. where I am using VAG-COM www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/ to handle faults correction, data-logging and reprogramming, Etc.
GM has the Tech 2 scanner but it's like $5k. I think my mechanic used a universal scanner to enable the afterblow feature for me though.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #116
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
GM has the Tech 2 scanner but it's like $5k. I think my mechanic used a universal scanner to enable the afterblow feature for me though.
There must surely be something cheaper with many useful functions for "Enthusiasts' " GM vehicles, like the VAGCom (Ross Tech) for VW group cars. For example, VW's VAS is similar to GM's "Official" / Dealers Tech 2 and also costs a fortune.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #117
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
There must surely be something cheaper with many useful functions for "Enthusiasts' " GM vehicles, like the VAGCom (Ross Tech) for VW group cars. For example, VW's VAS is similar to GM's "Official" / Dealers Tech 2 and also costs a fortune.

I have been around GM's for well over 20 years, I also own a 2016 Audi SQ5 and I can tell you there is nothing on the market for a GM vehicle that allows you to get into the BCM to make any changes. There are only as couple of people who can even access that module and program them, and 1 of those people used to be an engineer for GM which is my guess as to how he knows how the coding works on the GM BCM's.

Plus most newer GM cars are now required to be plugged into a laptop at the dealer and connected to the GM Global system in order to flash in firmware updates, I dont think the old Tech II computers really do much on the newer GM Global platform vehicles.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:39 AM   #118
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Regarding the frequency response signal to the front door, your installer is 100% wrong. I have the measured response graphs to prove it via my REW and UMIK-1.

The front doors and dash speakers are the same channel from the factory receiver.
Im sorry uf it was posted earlier in the thread or elsewhere but can you post those graphs i want to show them to my installer
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #119
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
Im sorry uf it was posted earlier in the thread or elsewhere but can you post those graphs i want to show them to my installer
It'll be a bit, they're on my tuning laptop which I don't have with me. That said, if your installer needs proof he's wrong, he's not using the decent tools to begin with. The house curve of the front channels outputs is very lightly EQ'd, but even with a mic on good drivers it's clear to see it goes from 20-20kHz with no additional EQing.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #120
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
I have been around GM's for well over 20 years, I also own a 2016 Audi SQ5 and I can tell you there is nothing on the market for a GM vehicle that allows you to get into the BCM to make any changes. There are only as couple of people who can even access that module and program them, and 1 of those people used to be an engineer for GM which is my guess as to how he knows how the coding works on the GM BCM's.

Plus most newer GM cars are now required to be plugged into a laptop at the dealer and connected to the GM Global system in order to flash in firmware updates, I dont think the old Tech II computers really do much on the newer GM Global platform vehicles.
Thanks for the input and good to know there are also "fellow VAGers" on the Camaro forum
Anyway, I am not so sure about no tools being able to access the BCM. Actually, I am aware of a few aftermarket tools that are able to manipulate quite some interesting things using the SPS system for Camaros dating back from 2010 until 2016. I was thinking more of a tool like VAG Com for GM cars. Diagnostics and Faults erase.
Did you ever use VAG Com on your Audi?
Old 11-06-2017, 12:35 PM   #121
Ryephile
Hot Dog

I've used VAG-Com and ESYS, the latter is pretty raw but a coders dream.

If you can find something equivalent for the GM platform, you'll make people happy.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:23 PM   #122
The_Coleman

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS 1LE
Quote:
I've used VAG-Com and ESYS, the latter is pretty raw but a coders dream.

If you can find something equivalent for the GM platform, you'll make people happy.
INPA/NCSExpert... What a pain in the ass. I had an old laptop devoted to it and every time I used it, it was like touching an iron to see if it was hot. Did some really cool things with it to my 135i, but also stranded it in the garage for three days with the gear error icon flashing. Voltage sensitivity to an extreme degree.
The_Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #123
miketan

Drives: 2018 HBM SS 1LE
Can anyone please post images of mounting/brackets? (or any other relevant images) I am putting together a bunch of images for 1 thread/post/album for upgrading the sound system on 1LE's.

(Amps, signal converter, sub mounting, speaker mounts/adapter/plates, sound deadening, etc.)
miketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #124
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Ok so i talked to my installer and figured out why i was confused. They did use the front speaker outs from the head unit. (he agrees that they are full range as opposed to the rears) but the reason why i dont hear the chimes is because he said the chime is a pretty specific frequency and he was able to EQ it out pretty decently using the EQ on my dsp so it's not as noticeable.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #125
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
Ok so i talked to my installer and figured out why i was confused. They did use the front speaker outs from the head unit. (he agrees that they are full range as opposed to the rears) but the reason why i dont hear the chimes is because he said the chime is a pretty specific frequency and he was able to EQ it out pretty decently using the EQ on my dsp so it's not as noticeable.
This is important news! What DSP are you using?
Are you inputting all 4 speakers into the DSP, or only the front pair?
Old 11-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #126
FATTEMUNK

Drives: 600whp 2016 C63 AMG/ 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
This is important news! What DSP are you using?
Are you inputting all 4 speakers into the DSP, or only the front pair?
^^^^^^^^
FATTEMUNK is offline   Reply With Quote