Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-25-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Getting Torque Convertor replaced for the second time

Back in February (at around 32,000 miles) I had the dealer replace the Torque Convertor for the suddering issue 2012 V6's had an issue with. 2 months and about 2,000 miles later it is getting another Torque Convertor installed. My warranty is going to be up in two more months and I was wondering how long do they warranty, warranty related repairs?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:22 AM   #2
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
If not modifications have been done to the car, they should warranty it with no issue. They are still under contract to warranty the vehicle until the expiration of the warranty. But if mods are made, they probably won't do it.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:32 AM   #3
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Back in February (at around 32,000 miles) I had the dealer replace the Torque Convertor for the suddering issue 2012 V6's had an issue with. 2 months and about 2,000 miles later it is getting another Torque Convertor installed. My warranty is going to be up in two more months and I was wondering how long do they warranty, warranty related repairs?
I believe it's 12 months or 12,000 miles but I could be wrong. If it's a GM special service bulletin type repair it may be covered for a longer duration of time like our ZL1 supercharger replacement which includes an additional extended warranty of 10 years or 120,000 miles. Ask your GM customer service rep for details.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:55 AM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
If not modifications have been done to the car, they should warranty it with no issue. They are still under contract to warranty the vehicle until the expiration of the warranty. But if mods are made, they probably won't do it.
No mods other than a CAI, L99 mufflers and Ported Throttle body, the Ported TB has been on the car for 4 years, and the CAI for 3 years, i just switched from a set of MRT V2 exhaust that were on for 3 years to the L99 mufflers, but they have already replaced the TC once under warranty. It was less than 2,000 miles ago. The first one lasted 32,000 miles...

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 04-26-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Just talked to the dealer, there has been an update to the replacement procedure, they are now required to flush the entire transmission replace the filter and new fluid, before they just flushed the cooling lines and cooler and replaced the filter.

He also said the repair will be warranteed for 12 months or 12,000 miles.