Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2019, 08:11 PM   #85
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Has it crossed anyone's mind if this new vette is a hit, we could possibly see a mid engine Camaro in the future?
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #86
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
highly doubt it, even the sub 60k was a real surprise for me, it is still more expensive than the C7, sorry but a mid engine camaro with a 10k price rise and no rear seats really is a Vette.. I say I would not be surprised it is the end for ZL1 and ZL1 - 1LE as a C8 Club Sport would be about the same price......
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 AM   #87
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I don’t believe that the C8 has any bearing on GM’s decision to delay/cancel the Gen7. It’s an acknowledgement that buyers are moving to CUV/SUV and their long term view of electric.

The Alpha1 cars sold poorly (ATS/CTS/Camaro). I believe GM is already committed to Alpha2 CT5/CT4. If those sales tank, they will kill the whole platform and not invest more in the Alpha2 Camaro
From a future products planning standpoint GM is looking at a continued shrinking car and more importantly coupe market so that very much links Camaro and Corvette together as they already are internally.
GM has made their decision on the Corvette like Ford has with Mustang. Had the C8 gone more upmarket Camaro would have more of a business case for survival under C8. But GM really didn't do that.

Camaro now has an tougher business case for a full redesign and some of that means moving away from some of the 6th Gen shortcomings. That kills Alpha and I'd say only hope for a 7th Gen Camaro is on VSS-R which would mean, hiatus.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:07 AM   #88
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
I was never a Corvette guy, I always thought the Camaro is just the better car for the money, since Corvettes are quite expensive. But they really nailed it with the C8 and got me thinking. The financing of my Camaro will run another 2 years, but after that if I somehow get the chance to save a bit of money I will definitely concider buying a C8 instead of keeping the Camaro.

And from what I heard from others, they really gained a lot of interest with the C8. If they can really offer the performance they claim, I guess a lot of people will concider to go a bit over they budget for that crazy amount of performance increase. Even without Z51 Package the base Corvette will be in low 3s 0-60 times. Can't wait for first reviews on tracks. Guess Randy Pobst will crush a lot of times of other cars with the C8
Old 07-22-2019, 02:05 AM   #89
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
I don't think bring Corvair back is good idea.....

I think Camaro just needs more room or more flexible trunk. RMR never have folded seat design, RMR design isn't really good for people doing long trip. If Camaro gets fastback design like 3 gen and 4 gen, I think it would survive and sale well again.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:38 AM   #90
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I didn't read through every post on this thread, so maybe someone has already pointed this out.

There is a configurator so you can build out your Corvette. A friend (2015 C7 3LT) and I built out our Corvettes to our liking. We are both of the same minds, in that we will get it the way that we want it. His built out at $82K and mine built out at $84K. We both went for MRC and the 3LT package. I am unsure what the differences were that accounted for a $2K difference. However, this $80K - $85K price point is where more Corvette buyers will be looking. There are very few Corvette buyers that are going to buy one without memory seats, all of the safety goodies (we tend to like cameras, sensors and any other help we can get), MRC, upgraded sound system, etc.

At that price point there is plenty of room for a Gen7 Camaro. I think that GM wants the Gen6 to fill that price point of $45K-$70K for a performance car. This allows for a little more latitude in when the Gen7 will be released and at what price point.

I do not mean to dismiss the 4 or 6 cylinder Camaros. These are just in a different market segment than the LT1 / LT4 powered Camaros, when discussing the C8 Corvette.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #91
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
History repeating itself

If I can be candid, GM has a history of killing off cars when they are about to turn the page or perfected. For instance, the B-body Impala SS was killed off in 1996 (albeit for different reasons) but they were developing a version with a manual and a higher horsepower version.
Camaro fans should look no further than 2002 when the Camaro was killed off, only to be revived almost 8 years later. I could list others that GM has given the axe to (*cough* GN, SS/G8, 454SS , GTO, TBSS, Syclone/Typhoon *cough*).....

Ford is banking on sales of SUVs, trucks, and the Mustang. I prefer the Camaro over both the Challenger and Mustang. Why? I am more comfortable in the Camaro than the Mustang and am not a fan of FCA (reliability is the chief reason).

If this travesty is going to take place, then send it off with a bang that will scare the upcoming GT500 and annihilate the Hellcat Redeye.
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #92
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
ford kinda gets it that there's only room for one 2 door sports car in a given brand. That's why they dont have to consider cancelling theirs ever. Mustang from the cheap seats all the way up to 100k levels.

Chevy has been struggling by trying to have multiple lines in this niche. God forbid they sully the great name of corvette by making trims accessible to the dirty peasants. But in order to sell the low end models of the camaro, they have to make the top trims really good, and that begins to compete with their own corvette to some degree and this has been a stickler point for Chevy since the grand national (and earlier).

This is one place where chevy just needs to learn from ford. One car, top to bottom == a better brand decision and a better business choice. Either make the corvette a hypercar like the ford gt and spread the camaro across the entire price range camaro and corvette used to occupy ala the mustang or cancel the camaro and spread the corvette across it. What they've been doing is stupid.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:30 AM   #93
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post

This is one place where chevy just needs to learn from ford. One car, top to bottom == a better brand decision and a better business choice. Either make the corvette a hypercar like the ford gt and spread the camaro across the entire price range camaro and corvette used to occupy ala the mustang or cancel the camaro and spread the corvette across it. What they've been doing is stupid.
We don't want them to make the best business case, we want them to make sports cars and fun stuff.

Otherwise, you are basically asking for the self-driving cars and shared chassis.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #94
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
I would like to see the Camaro interior on par with the Corvette -- at least in the top models. No excuse for hard plastic bits in this day and age, especially the top of the dashboard.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #95

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
I didn't read through every post on this thread, so maybe someone has already pointed this out.

There is a configurator so you can build out your Corvette. A friend (2015 C7 3LT) and I built out our Corvettes to our liking. We are both of the same minds, in that we will get it the way that we want it. His built out at $82K and mine built out at $84K. We both went for MRC and the 3LT package. I am unsure what the differences were that accounted for a $2K difference. However, this $80K - $85K price point is where more Corvette buyers will be looking. There are very few Corvette buyers that are going to buy one without memory seats, all of the safety goodies (we tend to like cameras, sensors and any other help we can get), MRC, upgraded sound system, etc.

At that price point there is plenty of room for a Gen7 Camaro. I think that GM wants the Gen6 to fill that price point of $45K-$70K for a performance car. This allows for a little more latitude in when the Gen7 will be released and at what price point.

I do not mean to dismiss the 4 or 6 cylinder Camaros. These are just in a different market segment than the LT1 / LT4 powered Camaros, when discussing the C8 Corvette.
I used the configurator...All worked well except for getting a price. I got the summary, and even went to reserve one, still no price. Not sure what it takes to find the price....lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #96
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I used the configurator...All worked well except for getting a price. I got the summary, and even went to reserve one, still no price. Not sure what it takes to find the price....lol...
There isn't one. Yet.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #97
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
New Vette looks awesome.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #98

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
There isn't one. Yet.
OK, thanks. Figures, they want to take reservations without you knowing what it costs...Classic...lol
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote