Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2021, 01:45 PM   #15
AdzyHany

Drives: 2021 camaro ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You do not need water meth and I strongly recommend against it.
I’m no expert by any means, what is the downside to running it?
AdzyHany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 08:53 PM   #16
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzyHany View Post
Poor distribution and less than optimal reliability of the meth pump.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:34 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzyHany View Post
Baby sitting job you don't need

You would be relying on a fertilizer pump to supply your engine with either octane or fuel or both.

Bad cylinder to cylinder distribution.

Almost all of the LT1 engine failures had it.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #18
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I recently picked up an LT4 blower and a few required parts. My initial intention was to keep the fuel system stock for my LT1. I am using a very well known tuner and they said I should only use a 3.0 blower pulley (about 5 psi) and no E85 without LT4 fueling. I decided to pony up for the fueling but can't seem to locate pumps or injectors (supply shortage??) Seems to me the "right" way to do it is with the LT4 fueling but if I can't get the parts (at a reasonable price) I may have to delay or cancel the build.

Got any advise??

Thx,

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:47 AM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRuss View Post
I recently picked up an LT4 blower and a few required parts. My initial intention was to keep the fuel system stock for my LT1. I am using a very well known tuner and they said I should only use a 3.0 blower pulley (about 5 psi) and no E85 without LT4 fueling. I decided to pony up for the fueling but can't seem to locate pumps or injectors (supply shortage??) Seems to me the "right" way to do it is with the LT4 fueling but if I can't get the parts (at a reasonable price) I may have to delay or cancel the build.

Got any advise??

Thx,
I have everything you need in stock under 1 part number

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...2018-camaro-ss
Old 04-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #20
MrRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
I have everything you need in stock under 1 part number

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...2018-camaro-ss
What is the JMS Voltage Booster for? How necessary is it?

My Garage:
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
Old 04-14-2021, 12:53 PM   #21
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
If it wasn't necessary then it wouldn't be apart of his fuel system package.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #22
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
talk to your tuner before buying stuff, especially if it is one in Tempe... If you are just running 91 octane you might not see any gain per say but with that said there seems to be some good info about the voltage boosters on this forum and some benefit outside of additional fuel quantity.

I ran 91 octane with a 2.6" upper pulley with lt4 injectors and hpfp for awhile before adding meth, aux, lt4 in tank pump and ethanol, i think the timing was just heavily retarded. The tuner told me the LT1 stuff was fine on 91 at the power level i was at and lt4 fuel was a waste as i had plenty of fuel with lt1 stuff, the octane wall was the issue since AZ has 91.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:22 PM   #23
MrRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post
talk to your tuner before buying stuff, especially if it is one in Tempe... If you are just running 91 octane you might not see any gain per say but with that said there seems to be some good info about the voltage boosters on this forum and some benefit outside of additional fuel quantity.

I ran 91 octane with a 2.6" upper pulley with lt4 injectors and hpfp for awhile before adding meth, aux, lt4 in tank pump and ethanol, i think the timing was just heavily retarded. The tuner told me the LT1 stuff was fine on 91 at the power level i was at and lt4 fuel was a waste as i had plenty of fuel with lt1 stuff, the octane wall was the issue since AZ has 91.
I wonder why they told me 3.0" upper pulley. I do like to occasionally run E but the station nearest me is still a bit out of the way. I also was told that running E would help with the intake temps cause, you know, Arizona!!

Starting to think more NA mods would be money better spent, ie heads/cam

My Garage:
Old 04-14-2021, 08:15 PM   #24
SSUNDVL

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
I wonder why they told me 3.0" upper pulley. I do like to occasionally run E but the station nearest me is still a bit out of the way. I also was told that running E would help with the intake temps cause, you know, Arizona!!

You won't be able to run e on lt1 fuel with boost. They probably told you to do a 3.0 because you have 91 octane. Did they tell you to get any fuel stuff?

The heat sucks but I wouldn't let that prevent you from going boosted. Obviously I can only speak for myself, but didn't run into any issues but still obsessed over iat's in the summer. You probably should look at that fuel package and run small amount of e with that 3.0.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #25
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
What is the JMS Voltage Booster for? How necessary is it?
Search JMS and Jannetty I have talked about this at length in here, on youtube, and on Facebook.

JMS fuel system voltage booster is an intelligent capacitor that takes what ever the cars system voltage is at the moment and makes it 14.5 volts under normal driving, then when you go past 1/2 throttle it ramps up to 17.3 volts which is the limit of what the FSCM can handle before it gets angry.

There absolutely NO Downsides to JMS fuel system voltage booster it makes the FSCM and fuel pump much Happier

There are Huge positives, Stable voltage supply which results in Lower Duty Cycle on fuel pump, Stable fuel pressure which saves engines from failure.

I am also responding to your comment about NA vs SC, if you spend the same money you will be down over 100 RWHP NA compared to SC.

Supercharging provides the highest gains per dollar spent.

If you follow my recipe you can't go wrong.

Ted.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:08 AM   #26
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post

NOTE 8 psi boost puts the LT1 fuel system in the danger zone on gasoline with 10% ethanol, nationwide premium.

This is not even taking in to account for wear and tear down the road with higher mileage which makes the situation worse.

Even at that we find fuel pressure drop without a JMS.

The LT4 fuel system will never be a waste either on boosted or E-85 combos.

Ted.
Old 04-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #27
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:

E doesn't help with intake temps. E has a higher detonation threshold vs 93. So you can get away with higher intake/manifold temps and not need to pull timing. For example on 93 you might need to start pulling timing at 130 degree MAT, on E85 you might not need to pull timing until 154 degrees. Let me tell you that is a big difference because if you have to pull timing at 130 degrees then your ECU will be pulling timing almost all summer. At 154 degrees very seldom will it ever pull timing.

LT4 blower @ 7-8psi, LT4 fuel system & JMS, E60 = 600whp all day long even in the heat.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 06:23 PM   #28
MrRuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Let me tell you that is a big difference because if you have to pull timing at 130 degrees then your ECU will be pulling timing almost all summer.
....and a good part of spring and fall Here in Phoenix we will be in the 100's by the end of next month and 110+ most of summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
LT4 blower @ 7-8psi, LT4 fuel system & JMS, E60 = 600whp all day long even in the heat.
I would be more than happy with those numbers

My Garage: