Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-27-2018, 07:41 PM   #29
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
V4 mode refers to V8 and V6. Since you have Turbo 4 it does not apply to you.

You need to let these engines warm up after starting- about 2 minutes....

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:48 PM   #30
John J

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0 Turbo
Two weeks ago my Chevrolet dealer carried out a software update of the motormanagement but unfortunately that did not help. I am now "desperate" and do not know what else I can do. I have read somewhere that tuners maybe can solve the problem but I can't find a tuner anywhere in Belgium or the Netherlands that can do it at the moment.

The only thing I can do is start the car, wait 30 seconds until the speed is just below 1000 and then drive away but I thinks this is not quit normal. But until there is a solution, there is nothing else I can do.

A pitty because I was so happy with my Camaro in the beginning....
John J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 07:42 PM   #31
vidkidZ
Mobile/Embedded Architect

Drives: '16 2SS white convertible
My neighbors have been complaining about this since the day I brought it home, new from the dealership. Only happens when cold. Better when it's colder outside. If the engine warms up before driving off, I miss the POP POP POP sound effects! With that in mind, my camaro needs this license plate.

vidkidZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 PM   #32
Wilka_SS

Drives: 2016 Nightfall Metallic Grey 2ss
You guys aren't making very intelligent assumptions and just assuming the worst. The Guy who posted the valve cleaning video.. far fetched.
You guys have not listed what actual dtcs you have, your misfire count, or what cylinder its happening in. Only then do you have actual information to go off of.
I will remind you GM dual pulse width modulate the injectors during start up to hurry up and heat up the catalytic converters for optimal heat (efficiency range)
If you guys have a p050d dtc then your dealer needs to look in misfire history and determine if its an injector by an AFITS test via the gm scan tool which measures the fuel pressure drop of all injectors and then determine the average drop amongst all of them, if the cylinder with the misfires is out of the average, you know you have a bad injector.
Wilka_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #33
John J

A few months later.....

Problem is still not solved but i am getting more and more information.

I am told that the engine in Europe is an existing Opel (Vauxhall) engine which is tuned for the Camaro 2.0 turbo.
It are probably misfires because the catalyst is cold.
Unfortunately GM is not cooperating and my garage is not allowed to go into the software to adjust some settings, trying to solve the problem. Probably caused by the catalyst heating which means that the misfires are caused because the pre heating of the catalyst is not working properly.

In 3 weeks my garage gets a visit from GM Europa and he will try to convince them to give him permission for adjusting the software.

So..... I have to be patience.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:33 AM   #34
John J

Finally. After 3 years of abandonment by Chevrolet / GM, the problem is solved. It was a software "problem". A tuner has re-programmed the cold start (catalyst heating). It's a shame that Chevrolet / GM did not want to solve the problem while it was just a simple software adjustment. Unfortunately, that did cost me money (about $ 700), but I am happy that the problem has been solved finally after all these years. Again: a missed opportunity for Chevrolet / GM. I don't know if my next car will still be a Chevrolet / GM .....