Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 02-13-2018, 06:15 PM   #1
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I’ll be the first to say I’m audio ignorant

I have a quick question for those of you that have more experience with sound system set up. Firstly, I had changed my rear speakers (convertible) and added a tiny amp. The sound was ok, but I needed to turn the gain up for any type of real volume, which also increased the existing system hiss. I was also getting a speaker pop on start up and that really drove me crazy. So, I said screw it and bought an audio control lc2 and a new pioneer amp (physically much larger and heavier). After install, I was playing with the Lc2 and found that acubass threshold sounded best set at the lowest level, and the acubass level just above minimum, maybe 7 o clock. As well, I set the amplifier to 0.3 v and the loc 2 to 8 oclock very low setting. This is where I get the best, most full sound, all the way through the expected volume range. I have to say I’m extraordinarily happy with the way the rear speaker responded. The hiss that I heard before is very slight and can only be heard with windows up and engine off, with no music. I know this isn't a scientific set up by any means, but there was no distortion detected by the Lc2 while running through the paces,!before final tie in of amp. Is there something else (testing/ verification) I need to do to protect the speakers or amp from being damaged? Both the amp and speakers are rated for 60 watts rms. My set up below... hasn’t been secured yet and will soon be shortening and cleaning up the rca’s.
Attached Images

Last edited by Chutzpah; 02-13-2018 at 06:53 PM.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:00 PM   #2
james duperre

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS
check ur grounds, and maybe urgrade RCA cable. what gauge wire did u use for power and ground? looks tiny in pic.
james duperre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #3
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by james duperre View Post
check ur grounds, and maybe urgrade RCA cable. what gauge wire did u use for power and ground? looks tiny in pic.
12 gauge stranded wire, the amp is fused down to 20 amps. The grounds are solid. I’m good with the wiring end of things, it’s the settings / frequencies etc I’m not familiar with. The rca cable is a monster cable with gold plated ends... left over from before hdmi became big for a/v.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #4
histobeast

Drives: '18 SS 1LE SW
I have a similar issue. Tweeters have a whining sound coming from them that gets worse when the headlights are on.
histobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
histobeast

Drives: '18 SS 1LE SW

histobeast is offline   Reply With Quote