Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #15
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
Hellcat is cool name.. Demon - doubly so. ZL1 is just wierd jumble **** of letters. ZL1 1LE double jumble **** of letters. Everyone that cared about what those codes was is not buying the new ones!

Camaro WidowMaker or... ZL1 1LE .. although wifes may not like that name much.

Camaro SuperSport or SS.. wasn't that discontinued ?

I got mine.. hope everyone else can figure out where to get theirs.

Some people still think the last Camaro was in 2002.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:05 PM   #16
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
Love this conversation.
Part of me loves that I see so many mustangs that all look pretty much like the rest. Also the challenger of every flavor is SO BIG it looks like you could haul drywall home if it had a hatchback. When people see mine, they want to learn more. I also think being a little more rare, makes the resale better.
The other part of my brain worries that the COST of having a better all around sports car than the competition will crush sales to point of elimating the Camaro yet again. I really love being part of the Camaro evolution, and don’t want it to end....
But selfishly, I am VERY happy to have spent a little more to get the best actual car I have ever owned, and pretty dang happy that of the 717 FIFTY SS verts sold in the USA, I got one!
Thank you GM... nice work.
Historically the Challenger has always been bigger than the Camaro and Mustang. And I think they look pretty good.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:31 PM   #17
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
Love this conversation.
Part of me loves that I see so many mustangs that all look pretty much like the rest. Also the challenger of every flavor is SO BIG it looks like you could haul drywall home if it had a hatchback. When people see mine, they want to learn more. I also think being a little more rare, makes the resale better.
The other part of my brain worries that the COST of having a better all around sports car than the competition will crush sales to point of elimating the Camaro yet again. I really love being part of the Camaro evolution, and don’t want it to end....
But selfishly, I am VERY happy to have spent a little more to get the best actual car I have ever owned, and pretty dang happy that of the 717 FIFTY SS verts sold in the USA, I got one!
Thank you GM... nice work.
I totally agree with this post. I'm very happy to have spent a bit more for a much better car.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:32 PM   #18
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Historically the Challenger has always been bigger than the Camaro and Mustang. And I think they look pretty good.
I think they look great, but their handling is atrocious compared to a Mustang, and not even in the same category as a 6th gen Camaro. They're boats that can go pretty fast in a straight line, very similar to the old muscle cars, but not a world class sports car like the Camaro.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #19
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
V6 for the win

https://www.caranddriver.com/flipboo...rs-available#1
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #20
IMadeYouReadThis

Chevrolet Camaro (3.6-Liter V-6)
General Motors' fifth-generation small-block V-8 is a wondrous engine that is liberally spread across the Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC lineups. It's basically the go-to engine when anyone thinks of the Camaro, muscle-car auras being as they are, meaning nobody gives the Chevrolet's mid-level V-6 any love. They should. The 335-hp 3.6-liter V-6 is a sweet-sounding, strong-performing engine that ably powers the sharp-handling Camaro, particularly in track-ready 1LE guise, which includes a firmer suspension, grippier tires, and more aggressive styling. Did we mention it's about $5000 cheaper than opting for the Camaro SS and its 455-hp V-8?
Old 09-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #21
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARBIE 1 View Post
Camaro's should have NEVER had V6s or 4 bangers anyway.

Did the muscle car era have V6 Camaro's, hell no !

Do Vette's have V6's or 4 bangers, hell no!

You my friend are a dinosaur
Old 09-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #22
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
I think they look great, but their handling is atrocious compared to a Mustang, and not even in the same category as a 6th gen Camaro. They're boats that can go pretty fast in a straight line, very similar to the old muscle cars, but not a world class sports car like the Camaro.
There not trying to be a world class sports car!!!!
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 AM   #23
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
I initially looked at Camaros when I bought mine because of two reasons:

My folks have a 2015 RS and I got to drive it when I came into town. I loved the look of it.
The Motortrend youtube videos of the 6th gen Camaros.

If it had not been for those two things, the Camaro wouldn't have been on my radar and I probably would have went with a Mustang (yuck, I know).

Chevy marketing does do a piss poor job of advertising the Camaro. They should watch the MT videos and get ideas from that on how to market the car. I can't tell you how many times people have asked what car I was driving or said "nice Mustang".
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:57 AM   #24
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
The Camaro is cross shopped with the Corvette. The Camaro has no back seat so really they cater to the same buyers where as with ford you either get the mustang or a ford GT. Also the mustang has a huge amount of fleet sales which throw off the actual consumer numbers. The Camaro sells just fine for what it is.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #25
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Cool it and keep your pants on!

The current V6 is as fast as the last 4th gen F-bodies with the 350.

The current turbo 4 is as fast or faster than most first gen SS 305s and 350s.

Truth is the current V6 will blow the doors off 85% of all previous generation Camaro Z28 and SS models.

Corvette is called “America’s only pure sports car” for a reason. Besides it’s first two years of production it had the straight 6 motor out of a Chevy family sedan.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #26
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
The Camaro is cross shopped with the Corvette. The Camaro has no back seat so really they cater to the same buyers where as with ford you either get the mustang or a ford GT. Also the mustang has a huge amount of fleet sales which throw off the actual consumer numbers. The Camaro sells just fine for what it is.
Camaros are NOT cross shopped with Corvettes.

The base price of a Stingray 1LT trim with no options is more than a fully loaded Camaro 2SS.

So then IF you get into the ZL1 Camaro price range, $62-70k, you’re buying the Camaro anyway because you are specifically seeking the supercharged engine and track suspension/tires/brakes. To get that on the Corvette Z06 you’re back up to $80k+.

Those are significant price differences. Now, for someone who can easily afford a Corvette I can see them buying a Camaro as an everyday driver. But few Vettes are used for every day driving while even a Camaro 2SS can and are used as every day drivers.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #27
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie18SS View Post
Not sure why everyone is harping on the advertising.
Me either.
The effectiveness of something like TV advertising is closely linked to the product life cycle. This Camaro was new 2 years ago. Unless there is something radical introduced mid-cycle (e.g. all-electric vehicle), not worth spending money on ads.
At this point in the product cycle the marketing budget is probably better spent on incentives.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:03 AM   #28
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Id rather see less SS's on the road actually, makes it more of an exclusive club like the VETTES. etc.

They can sell the cheap versions all they want too.
Probably should have kept your Vette or bought a ZL1 if you wanted to maintain an elitist air of exclusivity. Now you're just like the rest of us, peasant.

Quote:

Take your Carb and go sit in the back of the room and piss and moan about "back in my day" and "whippersnappers". And yes, Camaro/Firebird came with inline 6's as an option. And if I remember correctly, the fist Vette was a 6. Let that sink into your tender sensibilities a bit... it's gonna hurt, just be warned.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote