Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #15
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura View Post
Hello,

Does this tune and pulley decrease the fuel economy?

Thank you.
I have not measured it to give you a quantifiable difference. I suspect it will be lower around town and on the highway, but not drastically. I suppose how much lower will be up to me and my right foot!
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:54 AM   #16
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
2 questions?

Price?
also you speak of chop did you do a cam?
pm sent
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
Old 09-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #17
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Obviously we didn't buy these cars if worried about fuel economy and even carries the wonderful Gas Guzzler Tax. Think the A10 is rated at 12/18 MPG.

I have very similar mods and was wondering how bad the numbers would drop but content with "it is what it is"...

I can say "it depends..." ...on your right foot...
I drove my car ~ 300 miles to a 1/2 mile drag race right after my mods were done. Fully expecting my MPG to take a hit i was pleasantly surprised. I got 25.4 MPH with cruise set at 83. I was actually laughing out loud that a 750 BHP car could get anywhere near this...

While racing, i didn't even look but you have to make power with more fuel/air, so it HAS to be worse than it would have been stock. To me the extra 100+ hp well worth being able to beating stock Hellcat's, Z06's, ZL1's etc!!...Plus most of the time we are driving "fairly normal" and MPH is taking a big hit.
I noticed no fuel economy difference on the 1200 miles trip to cfest still got the same milage on the hwy on my M6 my friends A10 was about 1.5 mpg better his was unmodded and his rpms are about 400 lower at 80mph.. On my SS with a blower about 1 mpg to 1.4 mpg difference on the highway that was going down to Tampa with no blower Avg 25.X , on the way back with blower 24.X that was with the can tune from Edelbrock that All girls garage installed. Might be a down hill up hill thing or sea level thing or the extra power used turning the blower.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
100 hp for $XX00 that's what I got for $2100.00.. Nothing against Vengeance but that's HWY robbery.. I hope you left off some details or parts.

I know I have inferior parts but WOW! I did the same for like 2100.00 and 650 of that was a Sorian tune.. (TM TB, TSP LT Headers no cats, ATI balancer, 15% Lingenfelter lower on LT1/4... LS 18%) I later added a CAI for 700 which lost power lol! I used a very well known tuner to.. I'm glad your happy with the results that's what it's about.. for those that want to save 5k this might be a nice option..

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517100

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:46 PM   #19
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Well I don't want to go in that direction. I pm'd you the rough cost to avoid this type of thing. The parts alone were way more than 2100 obviously. I have been a Vengeance customer as far back as 2006. Their pricing is always competitive, and when you factor in the experience, superb quality work and their customer service, there is nothing approaching your description. I am more than satisfied and I have been modding cars long enough to know the difference. Can we keep this thread from going any further in that direction? Thankx!

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
Old 09-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #20
Akura

Drives: ī18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Obviously we didn't buy these cars if worried about fuel economy and even carries the wonderful Gas Guzzler Tax. Think the A10 is rated at 12/18 MPG.

I have very similar mods and was wondering how bad the numbers would drop but content with "it is what it is"...

I can say "it depends..." ...on your right foot...
I drove my car ~ 300 miles to a 1/2 mile drag race right after my mods were done. Fully expecting my MPG to take a hit i was pleasantly surprised. I got 25.4 MPH with cruise set at 83. I was actually laughing out loud that a 750 BHP car could get anywhere near this...

While racing, i didn't even look but you have to make power with more fuel/air, so it HAS to be worse than it would have been stock. To me the extra 100+ hp well worth being able to beating stock Hellcat's, Z06's, ZL1's etc!!...Plus most of the time we are driving "fairly normal" and MPH is taking a big hit.
Obviously you donīt live in a country where the 93 liter is about 1,6$... but donīt worry, I donīt mind paying fuel and I can waste my money on it, just I want to know if itīs going to be affected or not.

I have had big cars, all turbos, and with a simple tune (here is not usual to modify cars) the fuel economy was improved in legal conditions (obviously more power with WOT = less f/e), but Iīve never enjoyed an American Supercharged, so no idea about lower pulleys, cams, tunes, etc... in this car type, thatīs why I am asking to be educated.

Thank you.

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #21
Akura

Drives: ī18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJFGTO View Post
I have not measured it to give you a quantifiable difference. I suspect it will be lower around town and on the highway, but not drastically. I suppose how much lower will be up to me and my right foot!
Thank you!

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote