Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-19-2018, 11:26 AM   #29
Gator2SS

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARBIE 1 View Post
Camaro's should have NEVER had V6s or 4 bangers anyway.

Did the muscle car era have V6 Camaro's, hell no !

Do Vette's have V6's or 4 bangers, hell no!

Respectfully disagree, Our first was a 1lt v6 and loved it for 7 years before our new 2ss. The power was equal to the old 327 of the day and was fun to drive.. But I agree. No 4 bangers!
Gator2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:28 AM   #30
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Camaros are NOT cross shopped with Corvettes.
They ARE cross shopped, even if they aren't in the same price point. I sold for Chevrolet, many people especially in the 50+ age bracket go to and from corvettes for various reasons to stay with chevy and both offer similar performance. Like it or not, they are cross shopped.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:34 AM   #31
Gator2SS

Drives: 2016 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmax View Post
Love this conversation.
Part of me loves that I see so many mustangs that all look pretty much like the rest. Also the challenger of every flavor is SO BIG it looks like you could haul drywall home if it had a hatchback. When people see mine, they want to learn more. I also think being a little more rare, makes the resale better.
The other part of my brain worries that the COST of having a better all around sports car than the competition will crush sales to point of elimating the Camaro yet again. I really love being part of the Camaro evolution, and don’t want it to end....
But selfishly, I am VERY happy to have spent a little more to get the best actual car I have ever owned, and pretty dang happy that of the 717 FIFTY SS verts sold in the USA, I got one!
Thank you GM... nice work.

Agreed, I'm fine with the low car count on the road, Makes ours seem a little more exclusive .. I had a 73 challenger in the day and felt it then.. My wife and I drove all three before buying our second Camaro, 2011 now new 2SS. They all had their ups and downs and good and bads. But at the end of the day This car blows them all away....
Gator2SS is offline   Reply With Quote