Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #1
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
Alaska Camaro Owners

How many of us are there around these parts? I have a question for you!

Would you be interested in an Alaskan Camaro event sometime this spring/summer? Just a general get-together, show-off, drive, and a BBQ. I have a sponsor lined up for the event, if there's enough interest.

I'm the Internet Manager at the Wasilla Chevy store, and I know I spoken to quite a few of you (and have recommended this forum to you) over the past couple of months, and there seemed to be a great deal of interest in doing something like this.

The event would ideally start and end at our store on the Parks Hwy and include:

- Camaro show-off, with prizes for the best rides
- Camaro drive
- Free food
- GM Supplier pricing on all Camaros
- 2012 ZL1 auction (still tossing around this idea .. imagine nabbing the only 2012 ZL1 in Alaska at GM Supplier!)

I hope the idea doesn't sound too commercialized. I had to make some concessions in order to get the company to foot the bill Please let me know if you're in the area (southern Alaska would be most likely, but Fairbanks, or even Canada if you want to make the trip would be awesome), and are interested in something like this. I don't know if there's already a south Alaska Camaro Club, but if there is, I'd like to join

Also, my apologies to the mods if there is a sub-forum for this kind of thing that I may have missed.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
I would be interested. Im in Kenai and know a few other gen5 owners who may be up for a cruise to the valley. I heard that there is already a ZL1 enroute to Alaska from Idaho.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
alaskacamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS 45TH Anniversary
Definitely interested in getting together with other camaro fanatics in Alaska. The ZL1 raffle is a HUGE plus......
alaskacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
Dmerk

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro LT/RS
I'm not an Alaska Camaro owner, however, I do just want to add that I was just up there in February in my M3 competing in the Alcan 5000 Winter Rally (check out my teams pics at facebook.com/gotorgans), and you guys live in one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen!! All of Alaska was simply breathtaking. I especially enjoyed the wintery Thompson Pass into Valdez, as well as some of the scenery on the Richardson Highway headed west. We drove all the way from Seattle, and I can't wait to go up there again!! Especially looking forward to the Top of The World Highway in the summer.... If I was still up there I'd be at your event, hope it goes well!! Post pics for us down here
Dmerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
9072SS/RS

Drives: 2011 camaro 2SS RS
Hey Aaron, your going to love this. After I took delivery and was driving home I could not drive down my driveway due to all the ruts on the snow. I made it off Rogers road ok, but could not traverse the ruts. Long story short...quick call on onstar for road side assistance and 45 minutes (waiting for the tow truck) of thinking WTF was I thinking that I could make up the drive way with all the snow still on the road. I was 100' from my garage. It was the same driver you had and he was like you know I just did something like this for a guy who works at the dealership. I had a good laugh with him about it..... Anyways a meet and greet sounds awesome. I would be down for that if my schedule allows as it is always changing.

Also curious when the ZL1 arrives. Definetly want to check that out in person.
9072SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey Fish,

No apologies needed... In the interest of spreading the word for you, I am going to move/copy this thread to the North West/Pacific Northwest Regional forum...

I am also going to offer this thread up since it concerned Alaska residents and it may help you contact others in the area...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75047

Good Luck With Your Gathering

Let me know if you guys set a date and I'll post it up in the events Calendar...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:35 AM   #7
fish907

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey Fish,

No apologies needed... In the interest of spreading the word for you, I am going to move/copy this thread to the North West/Pacific Northwest Regional forum...

I am also going to offer this thread up since it concerned Alaska residents and it may help you contact others in the area...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75047

Good Luck With Your Gathering

Let me know if you guys set a date and I'll post it up in the events Calendar...
Thanks for the help and the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9072SS/RS View Post
Hey Aaron, your going to love this. After I took delivery and was driving home I could not drive down my driveway due to all the ruts on the snow. I made it off Rogers road ok, but could not traverse the ruts. Long story short...quick call on onstar for road side assistance and 45 minutes (waiting for the tow truck) of thinking WTF was I thinking that I could make up the drive way with all the snow still on the road. I was 100' from my garage. It was the same driver you had and he was like you know I just did something like this for a guy who works at the dealership. I had a good laugh with him about it..... Anyways a meet and greet sounds awesome. I would be down for that if my schedule allows as it is always changing.

Also curious when the ZL1 arrives. Definetly want to check that out in person.
Haha, you know, I had my doubts about your driveway. I can't believe you got the same tow truck driver that I had with my 'Alaskan driveway incident'. I was at work when he was taking care of the car, but believe me, I had a lump in my throat when I saw him rolling through our parking lot with it on a wrecker and not a flatbed. Still, I guess he knows his stuff because my Camaro arrived unharmed. By the way, I noticed your beautiful car out back today, so I checked on it. The 4-way is already done and the clear-bra goes on tomorrow!

As for the ZL1:
Division: Chevrolet
Model Year: 2012
Model: Camaro: ZL1 Coupe - 1EY37
Event Code: 3000-Accepted by Production Control

So, as far as I know, it hasn't been built yet. I'll update when that event code changes. That's life in Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskacamaro View Post
Definitely interested in getting together with other camaro fanatics in Alaska. The ZL1 raffle is a HUGE plus......
Awesome! Just to be clear, we were thinking about an auction, not a raffle, but that's an interesting idea, too.

Thanks for the response, everyone. I'm going to reach out to all of my Camaro customers, as well as those I've spoken to recently and hopefully get them on-board, too. I've noticed a lot more running around the last couple of weeks. My wife said she spotted a Synergy Green beauty today while riding. I have to find that one!

I'm thinking about putting up some flyers around town to spread the word. Also, I don't think we should limit this to 5th gens. What do you all think?

Last edited by fish907; 04-14-2012 at 03:51 AM.
fish907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 PM   #8
fourmz
Fourmz

I wouldnt limit to 5th gens, there is a bunch of very nice f bodies in this state that would probably like to get in on this.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
Alaskan SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
If I'm not working on the slope, or traveling, I'll be there.
Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #10
fourmz
Fourmz

If this event gets the green light send me a message. I have spoken with 4 5th gen owners and they have all expressed intrest.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM   #11
3rdgen92maro

Drives: 02 camaro z28
Bring this back from the dead!

Just moved here from Wa and getting my 02 z shipped up in the spring. Looking for some fellow Fbody owners!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #12
HaulnJ

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 GFX Heritage grill
I'm in, as long asit isn"t to late in the summer. Hoping to ship car out next summer and make Hot August Nights in Reno and if doable the Camaro 5 Fest too.
HaulnJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
how much snow is on the ground in Alaska right now
Old 11-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #14
IPT

Drives: '02 Trailblazer, '12 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
how much snow is on the ground in Alaska right now
Barely any - maybe 3 inches (down in Anchorage at least). I think we are getting a break since we got buried last year. Personally I think we could stand to get 6-8 inches to make the bike/ski trails better. That and to insulate the pipes and ground. Nothing but cold and clear skies in the forecast.

I might be interested. let me know of this think actually gets off the ground.
IPT is offline   Reply With Quote