Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-17-2019, 05:39 PM   #29
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by G2K View Post
Yup.. just clocked 50K miles in 25 months... many many smiles and like one said... I just cant stop driving this thing.... I hate how much money i've spent on gas but hay... you pay to play...

50K / $2.89 x gallon on a car that does 13miles per gallon. Dont tell my wife tho
Fantastic. How many miles are you on the LT4 setup? Did you add the SC parts only, or replaced the complete Long Block to an LT4?

In the FL heat, how is the LT4 setup holding up in daily duty?

About the MPG: What is the difference between how it was with the stock LT1 and after moving to LT4?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:13 PM   #30
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i drive it quite a bit but not every day. 8k miles so far this year. of course 2800 of those miles were from my “vacation”. i feel like i’m doing the car an injustice when i take it to work bc the roads are so bad and it gets filthy sitting out all night.

for me, driving it to work is like calling the chick you know is gonna put out. you did it before and said NO MORE while feeling bad, then a couple days later you do it again.
s346k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:38 PM   #31
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I drive it everytime I go to the track
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:56 AM   #32
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I used to drive it half the time before my beater blazer blew up, then 1le became my dd for about 10k miles, now its taking a little rest and I have a Miata split the miles with.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:13 AM   #33
ScatPack
Banned

Drives: None at the moment
I daily drove my 1LE the winter before last in Chicago. About two hours a day. One there, and one back. Roughly about 60 miles a day. In all inclement weather, it was garbage. Not a surprise right??? lol But yeah it was just ok. When it was fairly warm and dry out, and I wasnt tired, it was a fun ride. But 99% of the time it was 5am on the way to work and I was just trying to wake up, or I was on the way home from work and I was tired. And in both instances, the seats were uncomfortable and driving a manual was a chore. And I spent so much time in the car, that I had no desire to drive it for pleasure when I was not commuting.

Daily driving that car ruined it for me. Had it been in the garage waiting for the weekend for me, then I would probably still have it. So after a full year of DDing it, I traded out of it for the scat pack. Literally the perfect daily driver fast car. Tons of room. Tons of power and that A8 trans that is so perfect.

buuuuuut, it was only really good for spirited daily driving in my opinion. Drag racing was fun with it too, but its a one trick pony.

So my advice from DDing several sports cars is.....Dont. If you can get a DD, and leave your fun car at home, do that. Or take the fun car on Fridays or on special/nice days only. For me, DDing the cars ruined them and ruined them for me. All the daily damage and wear and tear was hard to see and live with. The 1LE especially with those gummy tires, picked up stones and rocks and absolutely sand blasted the sides of the car. The splitter was at the mercy of everything. And the wear items like tires and brakes were expensive to waste on daily driving use.

I'd just enjoy it for what it was built for.

Last edited by ScatPack; 07-18-2019 at 06:28 AM.
ScatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #34
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Mine is a daily AND my only car. I enjoy driving it every day. 13K miles in 11 mths thus far.

Even if I could afford a Porsche GT4 or GT3, I would daily them as well.

Special cars like these (especially track specials) and just too fun to only drive every so often. I don't understand the mentality of buying a driver's car and letting it sit more than you drive it (unless required because of snow)
It's really quite simple if you use some logic....

Use the mundane vehicles for mundane tasks, such as commuting to office jobs or whatever boring stuff people do with thier daily cars.

Then when you drive the special vehicle, it's special every single time and not associated with boring regular people daily life BS.

Quite simple.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:34 AM   #35
ScatPack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
It's really quite simple if you use some logic....

Use the mundane vehicles for mundane tasks, such as commuting to office jobs or whatever boring stuff people do with thier daily cars.

Then when you drive the special vehicle, it's special every single time and not associated with boring regular people daily life BS.

Quite simple.
100% correct. Im living proof of this. Before when I had my corvette, I only drove it to car shows and at late night when everyone was asleep in my house and I could go out and rip around. It was a blast. When I started daily driving it and the next one, I stopped wanting to drive them for anything. I spent so much time in them driving to work and eating lunch in it, it was no fun anymore.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #36
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScatPack View Post
I daily drove my 1LE the winter before last in Chicago. About two hours a day. One there, and one back. Roughly about 60 miles a day. In all inclement weather, it was garbage. Not a surprise right??? lol But yeah it was just ok. When it was fairly warm and dry out, and I wasnt tired, it was a fun ride. But 99% of the time it was 5am on the way to work and I was just trying to wake up, or I was on the way home from work and I was tired. And in both instances, the seats were uncomfortable and driving a manual was a chore. And I spent so much time in the car, that I had no desire to drive it for pleasure when I was not commuting.

Daily driving that car ruined it for me. Had it been in the garage waiting for the weekend for me, then I would probably still have it. So after a full year of DDing it, I traded out of it for the scat pack. Literally the perfect daily driver fast car. Tons of room. Tons of power and that A8 trans that is so perfect.

buuuuuut, it was only really good for spirited daily driving in my opinion. Drag racing was fun with it too, but its a one trick pony.

So my advice from DDing several sports cars is.....Dont. If you can get a DD, and leave your fun car at home, do that. Or take the fun car on Fridays or on special/nice days only. For me, DDing the cars ruined them and ruined them for me. All the daily damage and wear and tear was hard to see and live with. The 1LE especially with those gummy tires, picked up stones and rocks and absolutely sand blasted the sides of the car. The splitter was at the mercy of everything. And the wear items like tires and brakes were expensive to waste on daily driving use.

I'd just enjoy it for what it was built for.
5AM in FL, are you hitting any traffic? Seats are more comfortable then when i had my Jeep GC 2015. And i don't know about you but being behind a beautiful sounding v8 and a manual transmission in the morning made me wake up with a huge smile by the time i got to work...
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM   #37
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Luckily I don't commute, but if I did I'd rather drive a Bolt.

I remember when I did commute, it was a lot of traffic, lots of stop and go, and using a V8 Camaro for that is a waste imo. Other people probably have better commutes, but if it's a traffic-filled stop and go slog then yeah, you're better off buying a car for that specifically both in terms of stress and finances.

Since I work from home the Camaro is my only car, I drive it 4-5 days/week, probably 600 miles a month and look forward to driving it every time.
DaveC113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:29 AM   #38
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
I'm just not connecting to all this. I commute and DD my 1LE. I just love driving the car, so I always drive it.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:33 AM   #39
ScatPack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy1LE View Post
5AM in FL, are you hitting any traffic? Seats are more comfortable then when i had my Jeep GC 2015. And i don't know about you but being behind a beautiful sounding v8 and a manual transmission in the morning made me wake up with a huge smile by the time i got to work...
We just moved to FL this March. I was DDing the 1LE in the chicago suburbs. It was a nightmare. Out there it would be better being so mild in the winter. But up there it was useless. But that was not my big problem. It was just using a car that was that sharp, for simple daily driving duties. If I had a 2SS auto, then I would probably still have it for DD. Still didnt change how it makes you feel after being in it for a few hours a day then trying to go back out in it for pleasure. At least for me.

I liked it when it was like getting into a new car every time I drove it when my fast cars sat in the garage.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:42 AM   #40
camaroJD

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel 1SS 1LE w/ PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
I'm just not connecting to all this. I commute and DD my 1LE. I just love driving the car, so I always drive it.
Same. I miss my Camaro terribly whenever I have to drive my Trailblazer (which is essentially a beater now). Heavy snow/bad roads and driving where I know parking will be an issue is the only time I don't drive my 1LE.
camaroJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:51 PM   #41
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Bad roads, bad drivers, bad parking.

When I use to commute years ago I got rear ended so many times, if it felt minor enough I would just keep on my way, check for damage at school.
Crap falling off trucks and flying through the air, had a tonneu cover blow off a pick up and bounce off my hood/windshield/roof.
Cars/trucks in opposite direction tossing rocks at your windshield.
Trying to fight your way through traffic with a time crunch since they decided on some road work today.
Bent a few rims on spring potholes.
No matter where/how you park, some POS will be right next to you, or you will have door dings.

I'd rather drag a Camry through that and not have to worry about anything, than abuse something I care about and stress if something happens.

Everybody's commute is different, and parts of the country are different. If I moved an hour or two west of here to a more rural area my commute would have been worlds different.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:28 PM   #42
GTSLOW
Daily Driven 1LE

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Absolutely not. Mine has 7k in two years.