Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
zildjian4life218

Drives: 1986 Olds Cutlass
Question on trying to start a 2018 after accident and air bag deployment

Hey Everyone,

My friend recently purchased a 2018 Camaro 2SS that was in an accident. Hit the front left corner and deployed the seat and curtain airbags on the driver side.

When I open the door the dome lights come on and the dash screen lights up for about 5-6 seconds then shuts off. Power seats still work and the locks but other than that nothing on the dash lights up. The horn on the steering wheel does not work either but the horns them selves work because the alarm went off when I plugged the BCM back in. Also the security light blinks on the dash.

Any ideas on these if they are in an accident something needs to be reset before anything on the dash will light up?

The Start/Stop button only turns on the center screen.

I have confirmed the underhood fuse box has power as well as the BCM.

I noticed someone removed the harness that is in the left side of the trunk for the FSMC not sure if for some reason this would prevent everything else from working. I understand until we replace it the fuel pump will not work but figured the dash should still light up.

Just want to start this up and make sure the engine and trans are good before we start sinking money into the rest of the body panels to fix everything from the accident.

Thank you,
Shane
zildjian4life218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 09:21 PM   #2
zildjian4life218

Drives: 1986 Olds Cutlass
So I had some time today to look at the car further and I found that someone disconnected the chassis control module in the trunk. I ran out of time to get the harness connected again but I am guessing that explains majority of the issues I am seeing currently.

I spoke with the local dealers collision department and they said there are no safety features that would cut power to the extent that I am seeing so I am pretty sure the chassis control module is the problem.
zildjian4life218 is offline   Reply With Quote