Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

AWE Tuning

Old 12-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #1
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Tuner, flex fuel sensor, and nitrous in Michigan

Alright guys, I need some help. I have been calling around to all of the tuners in my area and it appears that no one knows what they are doing enough to tune my car or they just aren't comfortable doing it. I'm glad they are being honest with me as I don't want a tuner to destroy my motor because they don't know what they are doing. So here is what I need help with:

1. I need a tuner in Michigan or very close by that can tune my car for the flex fuel sensor. I live in West Michigan. A good 93 and E85 tune.

2. I am going to be running the nitrous outlet plate kit so that also is a tuning factor. I want to run the biggest shot I can safely, tuned.

3. What are my other tuning options? Do I buy HP Tuners, if I do this, do I have to buy credits every time I want to change the tune on the car. This sounds like it would get expensive fast.

4. I know I can run nitrous untuned. From what I have read in this forum anyways. I am going to have the aeroforce interceptor gauges kill the nitrous if my AFR gets to high. (I will do this if its tuned or untuned) Do I just do that?

My plan late next year is to purchase a procharger, headers, cam, lt4 fuel system and maybe even drop in pistons and install it over next winter. Obviously at that point I will be looking for a tuner again. I don't mind having my car tuned more than once, I'm just kind of stuck trying to find someone who knows what their doing with the tune.

Help me out here guys. Sorry I have so many questions. My last car was a grand prix GTP and I live 20 minutes from ZZP so it was a no brainer on where to get the tune or advice.
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:38 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Hello, I can certainly help you.

I would set you up with HPtuners, comes with 8 credits

You will only use 2 or 4 credits Depending on year, on your car 1 time then you have unlimited access to your cars computer.

I stock Everything Camaro, and can tune your car remotely.

I have a buy parts from me get tunes for free program.

You start by purchasing the tuning equipment from me and you get your first tune FREE.

Then you purchase your performance parts from me and get tuning for those parts FREE.

I do not tune for NOS I leave that up to you and can offer advice when it comes to NOS tuning.

Let me know How I can be of assistance.

Ted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitwitch04 View Post
Alright guys, I need some help. I have been calling around to all of the tuners in my area and it appears that no one knows what they are doing enough to tune my car or they just aren't comfortable doing it. I'm glad they are being honest with me as I don't want a tuner to destroy my motor because they don't know what they are doing. So here is what I need help with:

1. I need a tuner in Michigan or very close by that can tune my car for the flex fuel sensor. I live in West Michigan. A good 93 and E85 tune.

2. I am going to be running the nitrous outlet plate kit so that also is a tuning factor. I want to run the biggest shot I can safely, tuned.

3. What are my other tuning options? Do I buy HP Tuners, if I do this, do I have to buy credits every time I want to change the tune on the car. This sounds like it would get expensive fast.

4. I know I can run nitrous untuned. From what I have read in this forum anyways. I am going to have the aeroforce interceptor gauges kill the nitrous if my AFR gets to high. (I will do this if its tuned or untuned) Do I just do that?

My plan late next year is to purchase a procharger, headers, cam, lt4 fuel system and maybe even drop in pistons and install it over next winter. Obviously at that point I will be looking for a tuner again. I don't mind having my car tuned more than once, I'm just kind of stuck trying to find someone who knows what their doing with the tune.

Help me out here guys. Sorry I have so many questions. My last car was a grand prix GTP and I live 20 minutes from ZZP so it was a no brainer on where to get the tune or advice.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
lokitwitch04

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hello, I can certainly help you.

I would set you up with HPtuners, comes with 8 credits

You will only use 2 or 4 credits Depending on year, on your car 1 time then you have unlimited access to your cars computer.

I stock Everything Camaro, and can tune your car remotely.

I have a buy parts from me get tunes for free program.

You start by purchasing the tuning equipment from me and you get your first tune FREE.

Then you purchase your performance parts from me and get tuning for those parts FREE.

I do not tune for NOS I leave that up to you and can offer advice when it comes to NOS tuning.

Let me know How I can be of assistance.

Ted.
Ted,
I already have the flex fuel sensor. Would that be included in the first free tune if I bought HP tuners from you? If I can tune as much as I want once I buy HP tuners, that sounds like the way to go. I have a 2017 2SS. not sure how many credits I would need for that. If enough credits are included in the purchase of HP tuners for my car, I like that idea. I have not checked out your site to see what you sell or don't sell, but I like the idea that if I purchase something from you, that you will tune it for me.
lokitwitch04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokitwitch04 View Post
Ted,
I already have the flex fuel sensor. Would that be included in the first free tune if I bought HP tuners from you? If I can tune as much as I want once I buy HP tuners, that sounds like the way to go. I have a 2017 2SS. not sure how many credits I would need for that. If enough credits are included in the purchase of HP tuners for my car, I like that idea. I have not checked out your site to see what you sell or don't sell, but I like the idea that if I purchase something from you, that you will tune it for me.
The HPtuners suite comes with 8 credits you will use 4 of them for your car and still have credits left over to tune other cars if need be, you can also purchase additional credits for other cars as well.

For remote tuning your 2017 Camaro I have to also use 4 of my credits on my device to be able to edit your file, again 1 time only.

The FREE custom tune will cover any cold air kit and any cat back mods.

Flex fuel tuning carries additional 1 time charge.

Then any future parts purchased from JRE will include FREE custom tuning updates for those parts.

We sell everything Camaro, But everything is not listed on our site due to a crash last year so call for best service.

We are building a new site now hopefully launch after new year.

If your car is an auto there are a few more steps I am happy to explain.

Always feel free to call 203-753-7223

Ted.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:23 AM   #5
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
I can vouche for tuning from Ted. He did my flex fuel tune as well as tune for my other mods. It's like a whole new car. You may find parts slightly cheaper but, the free tune from Ted far exceeds the difference in parts costs. The flex fuel tune will cost you full price ($400 I believe) but, again, it's worth it. The power increase from doing the mod is kick ass and the savings from running e85 as opposed to 93 pays for itself within a year and a half. Ted and his team will take care of you.
2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:24 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
I can vouche for tuning from Ted. He did my flex fuel tune as well as tune for my other mods. It's like a whole new car. You may find parts slightly cheaper but, the free tune from Ted far exceeds the difference in parts costs. The flex fuel tune will cost you full price ($400 I believe) but, again, it's worth it. The power increase from doing the mod is kick ass and the savings from running e85 as opposed to 93 pays for itself within a year and a half. Ted and his team will take care of you.
Thank you sir, always a pleasure to work with you on your projects.

Ted.