Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 09-07-2019, 10:08 AM   #29
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
I owned a first gen CTSV. Wasn't impressed. I know they are getting better - but still lagging pretty far behind the German luxury brands. To me there is no point having a ATSV over a SS unless you must have a more useful back seat. The luxury improvement from a SS to a ATSV isn't all that dramatic - IMO. It's not like comparing it to a BMW or Mercedes or Porsche.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:02 AM   #30
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
LTO has made up his mnd about a SS convertible that he is getting today so I’m thinking that it’s a waste of time trying to convince him to buy something else! ��
Old 09-07-2019, 11:56 AM   #31
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaTangoOne View Post
Early this year, I randomly test drove a '19 1SS M6. I was very surprised at how much I liked it, so I sold my C5 Z06 and Nissan Leaf and began shopping for my new SS. While doing so, I stumbled across a 2017 Cadillac ATS-V A8 sedan.

I had to have it. The car is amazing, it's loaded with options, and it has unreal performance for the money. However, there has always been this little itch or tickle in the back of my mind that's bothered me and kept me from being totally satisfied with the V. Part of it is that the car is so nice, that I'm afraid to drive it for fear of messing something up and just putting more miles on it. Another thing is that I don't like that A8 and I miss the V8 rumble of my cammed vette.

Forward to the present, and I'm set to drive 4 1/2 hours, tomorrow, to trade down (in value) for a '16 2SS vert M6. I'll be saving a little money, and I'll once again have a manual v8, which I've missed, but I'm stepping down in luxury AND performance. I can't stop torturing myself over whether or not I'm making a mistake.

Please help me!!

Have you considered looking at a used Caddy CTS-V?
It's in the 500hp club and it has all the nice luxury of a Caddy.
I've been looking at a CTS-V Wagon 6mt, but it just got sold...price is still up there though!
Now that would be a grocery getter your wife would enjoy!
Old 09-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #32
G37Sam

Drives: 2019 ZL1 6MT
If you play with the ATS infotainment for a few mins you'll end up buying the Camaro haha

Can never beat the V8 also, the twin turbo V6 was fast but nowhere near as dramatic as the LT1 (sound and response wise)
G37Sam is offline   Reply With Quote