Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-05-2019, 12:26 PM   #155
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
It is not at all surprising that a dealership could and did damage your car. All a dealership is, is a $150.00/service hr. money making machine that hires low level, untrained, uneducated, careless employees that have no scruples or character within their non-empathetic minds when it comes to your property that was purchased with your hard earned money.
The thing about big generaliztions is they are always wrong.

There plenty of good dealers who work on many Camaros and Corvettes and with top notch responsible mechanics. You just need to find that dealer.

Also I am 100 % sure I do not want any of my local tire stores to put my Camaro on a lift. As if I had one right now. Saying "local" does not disparage tire stores nation wide. I know these places. LOL
Old 09-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #156
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
The thing about big generaliztions is they are always wrong.

There plenty of good dealers who work on many Camaros and Corvettes and with top notch responsible mechanics. You just need to find that dealer.

Also I am 100 % sure I do not want any of my local tire stores to put my Camaro on a lift. As if I had one right now. Saying "local" does not disparage tire stores nation wide. I know these places. LOL
What I often do on cars I really care about is bring them the wheels off the car. Plus then I can just drop it off and don't have to sit around waiting. I have a couple of good installers that are Tire Rack vendors so more often than not I am also bringing the tires for them to install as well.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #157
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
You can make a generalization that master mechanics aren't tasked with doing your oil change or tire rotation so they wont be the ones who put it on a lift ..

So you can be fairly certain you're getting a random luck of the draw chance that someone is going to care enough to know any peculiarities in how to lift any given car, much less a non-exotic like the camaro.

People just hold dealers to a higher standard because they demand a higher price, and it's obvious that isn't the case when it comes to these mundane tasks. Nor should it really.

Would it take much effort for cars manufacturers to simply stamp exactly where lifting should be done instead of the obviously waste-of-time of noting it in a manual that most people aren't reading? Then it's less about having a minimum wage kid need to bone up on lift locations of all cars they service and just a matter of looking for the stupid visible stamp or identifer. Obviously for the camaro, it's not as straight forward where the lifting should be done as most other cars since we have this issue occur _all_ the time.

I blame Chevy, before I blame the usually overworked low paid guys tasked to turn these low-level service jobs around as fast as possible. Chevy could have fixed this issue before it ever was one with very little effort and no added cost.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #158
ddivinia

Drives: 19 ZR1 20 350R Wife -> 24 ZL1 Vert
I can tell you wont ever be happy with the car. What will they do on a trade in? Get something you will be happy with. Probably cheaper for them than an insurance claim.

If they wont want to work with you. File it on your insurance and give them a shot at it.

D.
ddivinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #159
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
You can make a generalization that master mechanics aren't tasked with doing your oil change or tire rotation so they wont be the ones who put it on a lift ..
And yet I just picked mine up from the dealer without crushed fenders.

From an oil change.

I guess we're full circle on how making generalizations is very dumb.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, dealership, mechanic, negligence, sad