Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-07-2017, 05:31 PM   #15
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
OP, with respect to point #4, I find that downshifting to 2nd is really notchy and there's a lot of resistance in the shifter unless I rev match before trying to put it in 2nd
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:28 PM   #16
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
To start the car in stealth with NPP valves closed, you must hold down the start button (foot off brake) for 5 secs to get the “key on.”. Wait for the infotainment to boot, then set the exhaust mode to stealth in the settings. Alternately set it to stealth manually before you park and it will remember.
Isn't Stealth mode essentially Touring mode? Which the car starts in by default?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinmaro View Post
Hey OP. I also have an 18 1LE. I had same issue with down shifting to 1 and 2 and it feeling like it wouldn't go in but wether I have started to get used to the gearbox or as you put on miles it gets smoother. I have 1500 miles now in 3 months. It seems like the car is stronger, shifts easier and getting in out of gear feels less mechanic. Of course like most suggest change oil and rear diff at 600 to 800 miles.. car is perfect by listening to these guys on this forum.
Appreciate the feedback. Doubt oil or diff change would impact the shifter, but glad yours is getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Rex View Post
OP, with respect to point #4, I find that downshifting to 2nd is really notchy and there's a lot of resistance in the shifter unless I rev match before trying to put it in 2nd
Thanks.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:50 PM   #17
L99BEN

Drives: 2023 BMW M4 Competition
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Isn't Stealth mode essentially Touring mode? Which the car starts in by default?

Thanks.
Stealth mode is definitely quieter than touring. It is in stealth in the snow/ice mode or can be manually selected separately. (see post #5)

Past:
2022 Tesla S Plaid
2020 Shelby GT500 sold
2019 Hellcat Redeye-traded for new GT500
2019 ZL1 A10 - sold (meh)
2019 Tesla M3P
2016 Hellcat Challenger - A8 sold but never forgotten
2016 Camaro 2SS M6
2014 Mustang GT A6
2012 Mustang GT M6 "brembo" 3.73/FBO
2012 Camaro SS L99 (Wife's)
- slow
L99BEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #18
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Stealth - Valves always closed
Tour - Valves open on startup and at high rpm
Sport - Valves open at all times except when cruising on the highway; popping sound effects (think F-Type)
Track - Same as sport without as many pops
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:33 AM   #19
MPHSS1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I am at 600 miles on my 2018 SS 1LE and mostly drive it in Sport mode. Yes I wake up my neighbors but i don’t care lol. I will definitely try adjusting the settings to include Track mode as mentioned. One thing I’ve noticed is when the gearing wants to force you in to fourth gear you can toggle the shifter quickly (back and forth in the neutral position) and go right to 2nd. It is not convenient but still you have control of what gear you want to be in. The car is frickin amazing nonetheless!
MPHSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:30 AM   #20
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Stealth - Valves always closed
Tour - Valves open on startup and at high rpm
Sport - Valves open at all times except when cruising on the highway; popping sound effects (think F-Type)
Track - Same as sport without as many pops

So are you saying that the valves are open less often in track than they are in sport ?
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #21
BrianL

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Hot, NPP, Nav, M6
Get the skip shift eliminator! First thing I did and well worth it and the 15 minutes it takes to put it in.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #22
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Get the skip shift eliminator! First thing I did and well worth it and the 15 minutes it takes to put it in.
Why is this such a big deal? If you want to go fast, rev fast/high, easily defeats the skip shift. With so much torque on tap, with the LS3, I was skipping gears all over the place. Unless you are going for a 4 second 0-60 all the time, it just doesn't make sense to sequentially shift through all the gears when shifting up or down, waste of time and clutch.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 09:58 AM   #23
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
So are you saying that the valves are open less often in track than they are in sport ?
No, track has a more natural sound while sport adds a bunch of popping on startup and the overrun. I don't know what exactly they do to achieve this but it's not uncommon on modern performance cars.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:46 AM   #24
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Why is this such a big deal? If you want to go fast, rev fast/high, easily defeats the skip shift. With so much torque on tap, with the LS3, I was skipping gears all over the place. Unless you are going for a 4 second 0-60 all the time, it just doesn't make sense to sequentially shift through all the gears when shifting up or down, waste of time and clutch.
If we wanted to skip as many gears as possible and do that then we would have gotten an auto. I know what you are saying but it's just not as fun to do that lol
Old 12-08-2017, 11:19 AM   #25
Marko

Drives: Camaro
Congrats man.

I’ve had my 18 2SS for 5 days now and I just love it. Auto trans. Sucks to have to park it for the winter though.
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #26
metros11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I absolutely get why it's there and appreciate the fact that I'm able to go from 1st to 4th... but I don't need a 2nd gear lockout to do that, I can shift to 4th on my own when I feel the need. It's just annoying, perhaps due to fact that I'm not used to it.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:16 PM   #27
metros11

Picked up the car yesterday, right before the snow today. Dealer said they had a tech test it, as well as the service manager. Nothing wrong found with the gear shifting. Fine, I'm getting it documented. As soon as I left, getting into 1st was notchy, over and over and over. However, when I roll to a stop, and then drop into 1st, it's fine. Either way, I'll continue to monitor and if need be it's going back in the spring.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #28
T Rex

Drives: '17 Hyper Blue RS, NPP, 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Picked up the car yesterday, right before the snow today. Dealer said they had a tech test it, as well as the service manager. Nothing wrong found with the gear shifting. Fine, I'm getting it documented. As soon as I left, getting into 1st was notchy, over and over and over. However, when I roll to a stop, and then drop into 1st, it's fine. Either way, I'll continue to monitor and if need be it's going back in the spring.
Yeah that's what they told me too even though it didn't feel like that when I first got my car. In the spring in bringing it to another dealership to take a look at it. Honestly shouldn't feel like that.
T Rex is offline   Reply With Quote