Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #1
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
DSX Aux Fuel System

Would this installed in a 6gen with lt1 SS high side/low side/intank allow for full time E85?

https://www.dedicatedmotorsports.com...-p/lsfscam.htm

Pretty tempted to give it a shot before pulling the motor out for internals. I know sledge just got one of these but he was already boost cammed i believe.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 07:26 AM   #2
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
I have this kit. It is well put together and of high quality. Here are a couple key notes I wish I would have done before or during my install:
- Make sure that you have little gas left in the tank or you will have more to drain.
- Also don't forget to order the tap also it is not included in the kit.
- Plus the sealer needs to setup over night so don't plan on driving it too soon. If you are like me
- The kit no longer uses the Warlbro pump. It has a Bosch 044.

Will this setup get you to "full E85"? I will say YES*

I have a cam with 32% lobe and all lt4 fuel system and I have run as high as 77% ethanol (highest I've ever gotten out of a pump) and the lowest fuel pressure I saw ( after changing info in the tune) was 65psi. Which is great.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I have this kit. It is well put together and of high quality. Here are a couple key notes I wish I would have done before or during my install:
- Make sure that you have little gas left in the tank or you will have more to drain.
- Also don't forget to order the tap also it is not included in the kit.
- Plus the sealer needs to setup over night so don't plan on driving it too soon. If you are like me
- The kit no longer uses the Warlbro pump. It has a Bosch 044.

Will this setup get you to "full E85"? I will say YES*

I have a cam with 32% lobe and all lt4 fuel system and I have run as high as 77% ethanol (highest I've ever gotten out of a pump) and the lowest fuel pressure I saw ( after changing info in the tune) was 65psi. Which is great.
I'm wondering if just the aux fuel system will cut it without a cam, high side, low side, injectors etc etc
Old 10-01-2017, 02:19 PM   #4
scooter k

Drives: ex-wife's car
I bought this one.

https://dsxtuning.com/collections/au...nt=31838322251
scooter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
I'm wondering if just the aux fuel system will cut it without a cam, high side, low side, injectors etc etc
Well I guess it all depends on your car and tune. What is you injector duty cycle? What is your AFR durring PE? Both questions at what ethanol content? What is your "no less that" fuel pressure both high and low side? What is your desired ethanol content? You have to properly diagnose the fuel system before you can decide if this kit will solve any problems. I know that mey answer does not answer your question directly but I dont want you to waste oney that you do not have to.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:37 PM   #6
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter k View Post
It does not have a picture on the sight but I am willing to bet that it is almost the same as the DMS kit. By description they are the same. An external pump that mounts under the car activated via a hobb switch and fairly plug and play. If you look a the majority of DMS and DSX parts they are identical.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:46 PM   #7
scooter k

Drives: ex-wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
It does not have a picture on the sight but I am willing to bet that it is almost the same as the DMS kit. By description they are the same. An external pump that mounts under the car activated via a hobb switch and fairly plug and play. If you look a the majority of DMS and DSX parts they are identical.
Dave Steck worked for Dedicated but now doesn't. Their kits were the ones that Dave designed. I'm not sure what they are doing now. It'd be best to ask Dave if you wanted to know. He is very responsive to messages though on facebook under DSX Tuning. Really intelligent with tuning and innovations.
scooter k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:59 PM   #8
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter k View Post
Dave Steck worked for Dedicated but now doesn't. Their kits were the ones that Dave designed. I'm not sure what they are doing now. It'd be best to ask Dave if you wanted to know. He is very responsive to messages though on facebook under DSX Tuning. Really intelligent with tuning and innovations.
That is good to know. I have bought from both companies and I like both of the products. They both have great service. And in all honesty I dont know what happened to force the seperation but with more competetion in the market it is better for us. The more options the better.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #9
exxit

Looks like I have to sit down with my tuner and look at logs... Thanks for the replies gents
Old 10-01-2017, 03:18 PM   #10
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Looks like I have to sit down with my tuner and look at logs... Thanks for the replies gents
Your welcome and it can be confusing because there are so many points of adjustment and modifications on our cars that it can be dificult to diagnose. Now if the budget was unlimited that would be a different story. Also i just saw your PM. I sent a reply
Old 10-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #11
1slowssm6

Drives: 2016 1ss m6 Camaro
from what ive seen the cost of this,lt4 hpfp,injectors,is similar to what a port injection setup is looking to cost,kinda causes you to rethink where to spend the money at,especially if you have to add in the cam with 32% fuel lobe,the port injection setup starts to sound pretty interesting.
1slowssm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:00 PM   #12
exxit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowssm6 View Post
from what ive seen the cost of this,lt4 hpfp,injectors,is similar to what a port injection setup is looking to cost,kinda causes you to rethink where to spend the money at,especially if you have to add in the cam with 32% fuel lobe,the port injection setup starts to sound pretty interesting.
I'm absolutely up for going port injection. The cam is definitely in the next phase but the more time I spend planning the more i realize the next stage is going to involve a whole lot... intank, low side, high side, injectors, pistons, rods, cams, dod delete, studs, chain, etcetc, heads, driveshaft, half shafts, clutch. leaving suspension to be the next culprit for the seemingly "final stage." It's going to be a serious project. It's really one of those "well I just need a cam, but while I'm in there I might as well" situations. Someone else can do the math but i'm guessing that is like 7k, 9k with the heads, after deal hunting and sending out a few emails. We play a financially painful game once you break the 580whp marker in this car.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 AM   #13
1slowssm6

Drives: 2016 1ss m6 Camaro
Quote:
I'm absolutely up for going port injection. The cam is definitely in the next phase but the more time I spend planning the more i realize the next stage is going to involve a whole lot... intank, low side, high side, injectors, pistons, rods, cams, dod delete, studs, chain, etcetc, heads, driveshaft, half shafts, clutch. leaving suspension to be the next culprit for the seemingly "final stage." It's going to be a serious project. It's really one of those "well I just need a cam, but while I'm in there I might as well" situations. Someone else can do the math but i'm guessing that is like 7k, 9k with the heads, after deal hunting and sending out a few emails. We play a financially painful game once you break the 580whp marker in this car.
im lucky enough to have two shops who offer port injection setups not far from me i already know i cant afford the build i want,however im trying to setup for it down the road,i know ill go port injection,i dont want the fuel worries later on,and i prefer running e85.my next buy will be driveshaft and axles,then i plan to get the port injection setup rpm offers,then ill move on to the d1sc setup,im gonna try and make around 700whp on e85 and see how long the stock pistons last,hopefully long enough for me to save for a nice bottom end.I wanted to do a cam swap,lt4 fuel setup,then i realized you're still limited on fuel and have $6kish in parts,where as the port injection setups are $3k or so and no fuel worries again.
1slowssm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #14
Turbo_RORO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowssm6 View Post
I agree with you on the idea of port injection but the price aspect is still in favor of the LT4 equipment. When you factor in all of the additional cost of fuel lines, pumps, injectors, intake manifold and tuning capabilities. It becomes very clear that having one injector per cylinder it the easier and cheaper option. Now don't get me wrong I wish I would have gone with port injection because I would have more room to grow but between the meth and nitrous I really don't need much more than the stock lt4 injector can give. I see your in NC so your next to 42 auto and Crawford racing. I have looked into both and they easily a second set of injectors and many great tuning options with additional ECMs. But that can be very complex and expensive both parts wise and tuning.