Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2016, 07:56 AM   #29
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
11 months! Holy sh!t!!! That's crazy....
The thing is, I sold my '12 Stang a few weeks ago; I'm really excited to get this car.
Reading the "Is it priced too high" thread, I get it that it's a pricey ride, both here as well as the U.S. HOWEVER, I stand by the fact that a Cdn 2SS Camaro, is about the same $ as a Cdn Premium GT Mustang with the Perf. Pkg. No brainer (for me anyways).
One only needs to look at the listings on Auto Trader (86 Stangs, vs 15 Camaros, within 100Km of my Postal Code), to see that it's easier to get a '16 Stang.

Positives:
- the performance
- dollar value
- exclusivity (vs the Stang)

Negatives:
- availability
- dealership games (initially)
- 1-800-GM-DRIVE!

Excited, yet very frustrated. That does take away from the experience (I know "1st world problems").

Ironically, I'm taking the Mother In Law to Roy Foss on Saturday, as she's looking at a Buick Encore.....I'll deal with him then. If I call or go there beforehand, I may lose my temper. I'll handle it with the Mother-In Law present (that way, I'll keep cool....). I will tell him to send me weekly updates.

Still hopeful.....
Old 03-23-2016, 08:13 AM   #30
Cal602

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstoronto View Post
11 months! Holy sh!t!!! That's crazy....
The thing is, I sold my '12 Stang a few weeks ago; I'm really excited to get this car.
Reading the "Is it priced too high" thread, I get it that it's a pricey ride, both here as well as the U.S. HOWEVER, I stand by the fact that a Cdn 2SS Camaro, is about the same $ as a Cdn Premium GT Mustang with the Perf. Pkg. No brainer (for me anyways).
One only needs to look at the listings on Auto Trader (86 Stangs, vs 15 Camaros, within 100Km of my Postal Code), to see that it's easier to get a '16 Stang.

Positives:
- the performance
- dollar value
- exclusivity (vs the Stang)

Negatives:
- availability
- dealership games (initially)
- 1-800-GM-DRIVE!

Excited, yet very frustrated. That does take away from the experience (I know "1st world problems").

Ironically, I'm taking the Mother In Law to Roy Foss on Saturday, as she's looking at a Buick Encore.....I'll deal with him then. If I call or go there beforehand, I may lose my temper. I'll handle it with the Mother-In Law present (that way, I'll keep cool....). I will tell him to send me weekly updates.

Still hopeful.....
Totally agree with you on pricing. For not much difference in price the 2SS is vastly superior to the GT with performance package. Keep in mind also the disparity between US and CDN pricing for the 2SS is not bad when compared to the significant disparity between the US and CDN pricing for the GT.
Cal602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #31
sstoronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal602 View Post
Totally agree with you on pricing. For not much difference in price the 2SS is vastly superior to the GT with performance package. Keep in mind also the disparity between US and CDN pricing for the 2SS is not bad when compared to the significant disparity between the US and CDN pricing for the GT.
Absolutely, I see the US guys saying "it's 49K for a 2SS with....".

I then think, geez, I paid a little over $48K "CDN" (before shipping and taxes) for a 2SS with NPP, Nav and a few smaller options. Not bad, as our CDN "PESO" is approx. 30% lower in value!
Old 03-23-2016, 11:36 AM   #32
scrape

Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI
Our Peso sucks! 11 months really?
scrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:02 PM   #33
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Quote:
Absolutely, I see the US guys saying "it's 49K for a 2SS with....".

I then think, geez, I paid a little over $48K "CDN" (before shipping and taxes) for a 2SS with NPP, Nav and a few smaller options. Not bad, as our CDN "PESO" is approx. 30% lower in value!
That's pretty good. When I priced out a 2SS with the options I wanted it was 60k.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:58 PM   #34
sstoronto

Just under 47, I then added NPP, which I will pay "full" value for, as I added it a day later....I am happy.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:00 PM   #35
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Links a little messy but we can make it work. Congrats to you and stay safe out there.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:48 PM   #36
sstoronto

Removed image/link for privacy reasons.
Anyhow, I rec'd almost 5% off, but plus I stayed under 50K before tax.
I am happy with that.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #37
sstoronto

Sorry to bump an old post.....I didn't want to hijack Juventus' thread, although my issue is similar.....

So, it's been 3 weeks, and no indication whether or not my car is at, or past 1100 status.
An email from GM earlier today:

"I just received your e-mail and checked with our vehicle order team. They have advised there is still no build information available. As always, feel free to contact myself or another of our ambassador staff at Chevrolet Customer Care in the next couple weeks to check for further information. Hope this e-mail finds you well."

I really want this car, and I know that I'm "impatient" on a good day.....but I feel as though they are stalling....

The sales guy told me that "we usually make more $$ on Camaros".
The sales manager actually told me "I need to re-arrange some deals in the pipe. We should be able to give you an indication soon".

Even that was a week ago.
Yes, I rec'd a decent deal on the car; however, I'm not going to be d!cked-around by a dealer over this.
Should I:
- be patient, and wait and try to work with them?
- go elsewhere and work on still getting a '16?
- go elsewhere and wait for a '17?

As this is to be a p/t pleasure car, I'm pissed at the thought of waiting until mid/late June, which now seems possible....
Old 04-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #38
Cal602

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Sorry to bump an old post.....I didn't want to hijack Juventus' thread, although my issue is similar.....

So, it's been 3 weeks, and no indication whether or not my car is at, or past 1100 status.
An email from GM earlier today:

"I just received your e-mail and checked with our vehicle order team. They have advised there is still no build information available. As always, feel free to contact myself or another of our ambassador staff at Chevrolet Customer Care in the next couple weeks to check for further information. Hope this e-mail finds you well."

I really want this car, and I know that I'm "impatient" on a good day.....but I feel as though they are stalling....

The sales guy told me that "we usually make more $$ on Camaros".
The sales manager actually told me "I need to re-arrange some deals in the pipe. We should be able to give you an indication soon".

Even that was a week ago.
Yes, I rec'd a decent deal on the car; however, I'm not going to be d!cked-around by a dealer over this.
Should I:
- be patient, and wait and try to work with them?
- go elsewhere and work on still getting a '16?
- go elsewhere and wait for a '17?

As this is to be a p/t pleasure car, I'm pissed at the thought of waiting until mid/late June, which now seems possible....
My 2 cents... I can guarantee the 2017s will increase in price so try to get the 2016 elsewhere before they open up the order books for 2017s...
Cal602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:03 PM   #39
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Bring your deal to another dealer.
Some of them have 2SS on the lot.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:31 PM   #40
Juventus

Drives: Convertible White Camaro 2SS/RS 201
My order went through after 6 weeks at status 1100. As mine is a Conv I was able to hold it together and be patient since we are not having the best weather now. If you didn't read my latest update on my thread, (I met with the general manager, and told him about all the lies I received prior to signing papers, In my case it finally went to 3000 and TPW of May 2 so I am happy with that) but you should ask him to see if he can locate a similar car to what you ordered any where in Canada. If you were told they had allocation (most likely) press on this issue. If they can't find you a similar car, then you have two options (stick with this dealer and wait and try get some compensation) or (Cancel the deal and shop again) but let me tell you , when you shop to place an order no dealership will work with you if they know that you already have an order placed with another dealer (even if they wanted , cus they could lose their jobs if GM finds out). So you might risk canceling the order not knowing if the other dealers would have allocations guaranteed.

I would try locate a similar car across the country through your dealer. Again talk to the general manager no one else

Good luck
Juventus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #41
sstoronto

So, I spoke to them yesterday.
"Your car is a 'Priority 1' at 1100 status. GM has the order. We just need them to tell us when it'll be built".

It sounds like they've submitted it,, but GM has yet to confirm it.

Moving on wouldn't make a lot of sense because:

- I made a decent deal on the car
- I wouldn't likely get it sooner, if I switched (as it's now been sent off to GM)
- A quick search of the AutoTrader shows a lot of "loaded" 2SS's that are $$

At this point, they are guilty of somewhat stalling my order to GM (I figure 2 weeks were lost), plus a lack of communication.
Overall, my sales guy is OK; however, I'm suspicious of the management......

Once it changes status, and once it's in my possession, I'll look at this as an "experience".......

Thanks to all for your great advice and support. It's appreciated.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:28 AM   #42
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Think of 1100 as shipping a UPS package. 1100 is wrapping the package and putting it on your doorstep for pickup and calling UPS.

1100 is UPS not giving you any indication -at all - that they plan on sending a truck for pickup.

2000 is the truck at your door, and the package on its way.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote