Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Phastek Performance

Old 03-18-2016, 08:06 AM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
it's pretty simple why they'll take your money and not Have an allocation. One, they can waive the deal in front of GM people show how many orders they've got and they should get allocation, (that never works by the way). And two, the sales managers able to go to the owner and say "look how much I'm doing here I've got all these orders I'm very busy"… So they try to lock you up. Even worse, is they take your trade now (called "de-horsing" you) then you're really locked in....

Last edited by Glen e; 03-18-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 02:46 PM   #16
sstoronto

Drives: 2017 2SS.
The latest: "My General Sales Manager is away until Monday. I will be able to get you the workbench # then".

And it begins.....
Old 03-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #17
74lt-to-16ss

Drives: 2007 duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstoronto View Post
The latest: "My General Sales Manager is away until Monday. I will be able to get you the workbench # then".

And it begins.....
Your salesman can easily print that out for you, mine did right in front of me and it takes all of two minutes. They don't need the sales manager to do that. Hate to say it, but something seems funny if they are not willing to give you a copy of the workbench right away. Glen e gave me some pointers on all of this and glad I listened or I would have had the wrong wheels on my car. Sure takes the pleasure out of buying a new car.
ordered 18/2/16 2ss hyper blue metallic with white rally stripes, NPP, MRC, sunroof, black bowties, nav, black interior, white knee pads, Camaro consul cover, Camaro mats, 6M, splash guards, ss center caps
74lt-to-16ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:03 AM   #18
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
When ordering

Congrats, see this great thread from cartem2 about chevy's ordering process & what happens now:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438736

And then read Becky’s thread:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415251
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:09 PM   #19
sstoronto

Thanks. Hopefully I'll make some progress this week.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #20
sstoronto

Got it! THPC__!

Thanks to all for your advice!
Cheers!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #21
74lt-to-16ss

Quote:
Got it! THPC__!

Thanks to all for your advice!
Cheers!
That's great, what is your status? 1100 2000??
this waiting is brutal..need to wave a magic wand and say presto appear Camaro!! lol
ordered 18/2/16 2ss hyper blue metallic with white rally stripes, NPP, MRC, sunroof, black bowties, nav, black interior, white knee pads, Camaro consul cover, Camaro mats, 6M, splash guards, ss center caps
Old 03-22-2016, 07:39 AM   #22
sstoronto

I called yesterday and got the "you've only ordered this a week or so ago, give us 2 weeks and we'll then likely see it on our system....".

Now, I don't want to call back, as I'm sure that I'll look foolish for doing so, the day after. So, I'll wait until next Monday (as that'll be "2 weeks", since it was ordered).

Funny though, as I thought that they could see all steps, from 1100 onward.....?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:55 AM   #23
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
I called yesterday and got the "you've only ordered this a week or so ago, give us 2 weeks and we'll then likely see it on our system....".

Now, I don't want to call back, as I'm sure that I'll look foolish for doing so, the day after. So, I'll wait until next Monday (as that'll be "2 weeks", since it was ordered).

Funny though, as I thought that they could see all steps, from 1100 onward.....?
Paul,
Call GM Customer Service and give them your order #
Old 03-22-2016, 02:27 PM   #24
sstoronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
Paul,
Call GM Customer Service and give them your order #
Hey Frank, I did.

Apparently they need to "call the other dept.", in-order to have it checked or verified.

I was told: "they can see an order for a '16 Camaro. No build date is avail. at the moment."

I then asked if it was at 1100 or 2000 status; she said she didn't know, "as that's all I was told".

I'm not taking this stuff personally, but c'mon......LOL!
She didn't seem to even know or understand the concept of her own companies' status stages.

At-least the Order# was correct and verified.
Old 03-22-2016, 11:00 PM   #25
74lt-to-16ss

Quote:

Hum, I called so often I had a salesman make a comment about it, after I roared for a bit and he got it that I wont be talked to that way I also told him I will call thirty times a day if I want. They work for us so it should be no problem to give you your status at least once a week. My salesman will now call me every Thursday with an update on my status. Just my opinion but it is not hard work for them to take care of us, the customer. Don't take this wrong but you may want to call them back and say hey, I would like weekly updates and maybe even a print or email of my updated workbench weekly. All I ask is tell me the truth from the start and keep me informed, not too much to ask I figure. Lol, ever since my blow up the dealership has been so much more helpful
Old 03-22-2016, 11:41 PM   #26
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
The Canadian system is different from the American one. They cannot see the status codes.
That is what they Workbench will tell you

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 03:02 AM   #27
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Thanks for the info guys. If there are any other Canadian specific differences when ordering it would be appreciated if you could share.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 AM   #28
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Quote:
Hey Frank, I did.

Apparently they need to "call the other dept.", in-order to have it checked or verified.

I was told: "they can see an order for a '16 Camaro. No build date is avail. at the moment."

I then asked if it was at 1100 or 2000 status; she said she didn't know, "as that's all I was told".

I'm not taking this stuff personally, but c'mon......LOL!
She didn't seem to even know or understand the concept of her own companies' status stages.

At-least the Order# was correct and verified.
I see the customer service hasn't changed, that's what I went through during my C7 order, and they recorded ever time I called, they kept referring me back to the dealership. I actually stopped calling cust. serv. so I just kept calling the dealership, I didn't care how many times.
For those that don't know, it took me 11months to get my damn car, so you can imagine my frustration with all departments and the process.
NEVER AGAIN!
I would sooner cancel an order and not buy anything at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
The Canadian system is different from the American one.
Yeah, they don't give a damn about the customer.
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote