Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-29-2015, 12:01 PM   #15
EJLT1

Drives: 370Z
Been talking to some tuners in my Area. Can not wait. Same day I get my 2016 SS is the same day I'm going to want to go supercharged.... since its replacing my Twin Turbo'd 370z that had close to 700 RWHP. I like to go fast.
EJLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 12:00 PM   #16
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
So who's going to be the first the go FI on their LT1.

I mean the engine is rated at 455hp so FI should push it up to 575-580 or so right?

Will the 6th Gen be able to handle this addition HP in the drivetrain from the factory?
The first Retail shop to do it will be coming out of Texas from what I've seen and know, but I don't know everything.

Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:13 PM   #17
Total Performance Racing

Drives: 2015 Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8DUDE View Post
Could you bolt an LT4 blower on the LT1 like guys do the LSA blower on the LS3?
There are a few differences from the LT4 to the LT1 but worth the additional labor.

Rob
Total Performance Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:14 PM   #18
Total Performance Racing

Drives: 2015 Z07
After modifying several LT1's in the Stingray We feel the Camaro platform is going to decimate with the data we have already seen on these engines.
Now it is "Normal" to see a SC LT1 make 650-700
Total Performance Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:14 PM   #19
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I'll do it. How much?
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #20
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Performance Racing View Post
After modifying several LT1's in the Stingray We feel the Camaro platform is going to decimate with the data we have already seen on these engines.
Now it is "Normal" to see a SC LT1 make 650-700
Interesting #'s....

With less weight and great suspension this would make the 6th Gen Camaro a beast.

Maybe GM already has this LT4 version ready aka 6th Gen ZL1 or Z/28?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #21
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Interesting #'s....

With less weight and great suspension this would make the 6th Gen Camaro a beast.

Maybe GM already has this LT4 version ready aka 6th Gen ZL1 or Z/28?
I am at least hoping that they will use the LT4. If it fits with the roots SC they have stock, new hood would be in order for it though. The LT1 to SS hood gap will NOT support a roots supercharger system on my car for example. But procharging with NOT be an issue as the intake will be relocated to give massive room for it. Not much space under the hood atm. Once thing to mention though is that you can already break traction on 3rd gear for a second on a straight line. With a procharger, the vehicle would be 615-620hp to the wheels just with a supercharger which is about 200rwhp more than stock, so about 700hp @ crank. So... It might be smarter to invest in 305s or 315s in rear tires lol.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #22
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I am at least hoping that they will use the LT4. If it fits with the roots SC they have stock, new hood would be in order for it though. The LT1 to SS hood gap will NOT support a roots supercharger system on my car for example. But procharging with NOT be an issue as the intake will be relocated to give massive room for it. Not much space under the hood atm. Once thing to mention though is that you can already break traction on 3rd gear for a second on a straight line. With a procharger, the vehicle would be 615-620hp to the wheels just with a supercharger which is about 200rwhp more than stock, so about 700hp @ crank. So... It might be smarter to invest in 305s or 315s in rear tires lol.
Good point.

BTW..hope your enjoying the new ride!

I think the weight might go against the new Camaro once the SS's start getting S/C or turbos.....getting all the additional HP and Torq. to the ground will be an issue. Will 305's or 315's fit Tr6?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.

Last edited by KaBoom1701; 01-30-2016 at 08:41 AM.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:35 AM   #23
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Good point.

BTW..hope your enjoying the new ride!

I think the weight might go against the new Camaro once the SS's start getting S/C or turbos.....getting all the additional HP and Torq. to the ground will be an issue. Will 305's or 315's fix Tr6?
Oh you can BET I am enjoying my ride! Went for a night cruise last night just to help the break in process haha. They really did a fantastic job with the gen6. So far, nothing for me to REALLY HATE or complain A LOT about something the car has to offer. Trunk opening too small "oh noes"... well, easy fix. Don't carry 1 massive Samsonite luggage and carry 2 smaller carry on size bags.. Blind spots exist, not an issue as you can arrange your mirrors just right + I have blind spot assist... No car is PERFECT, no manufacturer ever tailors a car to you.. Unless you go spend 5 mill on a Pagani Huayra... lol.

I am thinking 315's rear would fix the traction issue that would happen. But the question is that will it fit? Maybe even go with 335's like the c7 zo6 has, that I would bet 100% it will fix any traction issues. We should wait to see what the next Z car is going to have for tires especially IF it will have the LT4. LT1 supercharged = LT4 power. Traction control itself is a fantastic and recovers the car extremely well so it will adapt to power but without some fat rear tires the traction control can only do so much. Weight to current power is PERFECT right now, yes you can break traction easy but it isn't bad, it's a sexy break But if you add a freaking supercharger to it... There is absolutely NO point to it!!! Out of that 200 extra rwhp gain you will only end up using 30 rwhp MAX. Not being able to put the power down = extremely useless power. Or just good for bragging rights which is just way too childish.

I was already in contact with procharge since I ordered and they did offer to use my car as mule but no way would I do it (they are 2 hours away from me)... It is way too early, if I had the car for YEARS, I just may have. But... Who would've thought the camaro loosing A LOT weight would be a BAD thing? LOL!!!

Honestly, they did a great job with the car. Including the tuning aspect of it, the car does NOT beg you to get it tuned. 99.9% of the cars you buy beg you for it because they are soooo undertuned. 405rwhp right now is recorded, I do not see a tune giving the car more than 5-10 rwhp honestly. I think they tuned it to the safest limit they could.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-20-2015, 11:05 PM   #24
dookie454

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Is there going to be room for either a turbocharger or supercharger? The engine bay seems extremely cramped as it is. I'd imagine some things may need to get stripped.
Have you ever seen an LT1 Fbody engine compartment? Now that is cramped, and they made it fit no problem.
dookie454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #25
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Our R&D SS should arrive at the shop today. Can't wait to see this beast in person.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #26
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Sorry to throw this in.
What kind of power gain would we see if install a S/C on the 335HP V6?
Sleeper car of the year maybe?
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #27
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Sorry to throw this in.
What kind of power gain would we see if install a S/C on the 335HP V6?
Sleeper car of the year maybe?
Probably be at stock SS range, 400 rwhp.
Build thread HERE!
Old 12-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #28
Gearslammer

Drives: Z28
So there must be block differences between the LT1 and LT4. Not clear what they are. When looking at the max power rating in 2016 Performance Catalog it said the LT1 block only supported 460 hp. Maybe that is a mistake. I may have to ask chevy parts guys if the blocks are the same.
Gearslammer is offline   Reply With Quote