Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-29-2020, 10:44 AM   #1
Apex_Missing_Ape

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Barber Motorsports in June

JTI is running their track weekend at Barber June 6 & 7! I was happy to see that it wasn't canceled. Anyone plan on going? I'll be there, but the only other Camaro I see registered so far is a 2018 ZL1.

I've only had 1 day with the track since they repaved it, and I was on new wheels, too, so I'm interested to see what times I can get once I'm used to the changes again.
Apex_Missing_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex_Missing_Ape View Post
JTI is running their track weekend at Barber June 6 & 7! I was happy to see that it wasn't canceled. Anyone plan on going? I'll be there, but the only other Camaro I see registered so far is a 2018 ZL1.

I've only had 1 day with the track since they repaved it, and I was on new wheels, too, so I'm interested to see what times I can get once I'm used to the changes again.
I had an endurance race at Barber in early March. Track is faster no doubt. Our car’s best lap time last year was a low 1:40, this year we ran a 1:37.9 (228whp S2000 on 200tw street tires). Yeah the car was a little better optimized, but not 2.1 second faster. Most of the racers consensus was 1.0-1.5 seconds faster than prior to repave.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:31 PM   #3
Apex_Missing_Ape

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
We're up to nine 6th gen Camaros for the track day now! Lots of novice driver's signed up, too. I love seeing people new to track days getting into the sport.

Anyone on here 1 of those other 8 drivers?
Apex_Missing_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote