Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-31-2020, 12:43 PM   #29
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Thankfully I get a pass on this since the first 430 miles on mine were from a dealer trade. My dealer has it documented and Onstar has it as well since first activation of my account was shown at 430 something miles on the odomenter. I say this because the one who went to get it put it in cruise the entire journey back to the dealer from Illinois. That being said the advisor said GM normally doesn't look at this as far as warranty claims go that he has seen in the 15 years he been there. Either way I am covered. I still personally would adhere to the break in period I did after I got mine at 430ish miiles. Better safe than sorry. If a manual doesn't say anything though like our Honda I just drive it normally with some spirited accelerations here and there.
Now with my 2009 Accord the owners manual did advise to keep the factory oil in for at least until 15% oil life remaining. They apply a special grease to the internals that is advised to remain in the engine as long as possible. I kept mine until absolute 0%. And I’ve changed my oil around 15% ever since. 180,000 miles no leaks, smoking, or consumption.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:01 PM   #30
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Yeah ours we got it to like 1 or 2% before we changed it and the same thing was said in the manual of our 16 civic also. That was the only thing it mentioned that I saw about breaking in the Civic though.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:40 PM   #31
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
I ignored the break-in procedure after 1,000 miles. Couldn't help myself . . .
DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote