Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-13-2017, 11:17 PM   #29
Immoralus

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS A8
Awesome! I'm curious to know the outcome.
Immoralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:46 PM   #30
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Took the car to Mexico today and did some pulls with Traction Control disabled. Car is still falling flat on its face after the 4-5 shift. I then put the car in manual mode and kept it in 5th gear and would punch the gas and let off. The car would still do the same think where TMA kicked in and pulled the power back. It would actually keep the car from going any faster for a few seconds until it could get past about 5500 RPM. Then it would continue to pull but I could feel the TMA kicking in and out.

So I'm not sure if it is related to the transmission itself having issues in 5th. Or if on the 17's the normal tuning methods are not adequate. I also wonder if the TCM is causing some limitations here too. I can't get anything back from my tuner so I'm not very happy about that. He took my $500, dropped a tune, and has been a ghost since. I won't slander any names for now.

My next step may be that I pull off the mods, put the tune back to stock, test, and if it is still a problem I will take it to the dealer.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:54 PM   #31
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Took the car to Mexico today and did some pulls with Traction Control disabled. Car is still falling flat on its face after the 4-5 shift. I then put the car in manual mode and kept it in 5th gear and would punch the gas and let off. The car would still do the same think where TMA kicked in and pulled the power back. It would actually keep the car from going any faster for a few seconds until it could get past about 5500 RPM. Then it would continue to pull but I could feel the TMA kicking in and out.

So I'm not sure if it is related to the transmission itself having issues in 5th. Or if on the 17's the normal tuning methods are not adequate. I also wonder if the TCM is causing some limitations here too. I can't get anything back from my tuner so I'm not very happy about that. He took my $500, dropped a tune, and has been a ghost since. I won't slander any names for now.

My next step may be that I pull off the mods, put the tune back to stock, test, and if it is still a problem I will take it to the dealer.
It's not the mods. Send me those logs as well. Do you have one with the car locked in 5th manually for a bit? I would like to see it your timing is dropping out and what not during that as well.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:09 PM   #32
PRAY

I will shoot you an email in a sec on some stuff to try. This may take TCM tuning though to get it lined out.

From what I saw on the dyno today the requested tq goes up for each gear. In 5th my requested was exceeding my predicted by a bit down low but was under up high. So it hurt me a little down low but I got it back up top. In 6th I exceeded it from top to bottom and I didn't see my normal 23-25rw gain from 5th to 6th gear. I will have to find out where the predicted comes from but I am pretty sure it is the TQ Coefficient tables.

Last edited by PRAY; 10-14-2017 at 02:28 PM.
PRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #33
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
It's not the mods. Send me those logs as well. Do you have one with the car locked in 5th manually for a bit? I would like to see it your timing is dropping out and what not during that as well.
i wasn't datalogging this run. I had a brief moment in Mexico to try it out.

Quote:
I will shoot you an email in a sec on some stuff to try. This may take TCM tuning though to get it lined out.

From what I saw on the dyno today the requested tq goes up for each gear. In 5th my requested was exceeding my predicted by a bit down low but was under up high. So it hurt me a little down low but I got it back up top. In 6th I exceeded it from top to bottom and I didn't see my normal 23-25rw gain from 5th to 6th gear. I will have to find out where the predicted comes from but I am pretty sure it is the TQ Coefficient tables.
I got your changes in the car today. I was only able to do a little spirited driving around town but nothing beyond 3rd gear. Later today I may be able to get into Mexico and I'll datalog using the PID's you sent. I'll do a normal 3-4-5 shift pull and then I'll lock it in 5th and do a pull.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:25 PM   #34
PRAY

Quote:
i wasn't datalogging this run. I had a brief moment in Mexico to try it out.

I got your changes in the car today. I was only able to do a little spirited driving around town but nothing beyond 3rd gear. Later today I may be able to get into Mexico and I'll datalog using the PID's you sent. I'll do a normal 3-4-5 shift pull and then I'll lock it in 5th and do a pull.
Good deal, thanks.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #35
Abdulisraddd

Drives: 17' 1SS A8
Quote:

Yo my car does the same thing...... at around 5500 high gears power feels like its being pulled( rpm kinda laggs up there and then finally pushes through) i have my ecm tuned but not my tcm because i have a 17. I also cant get anything from my tuner sooo im guessing we are tuned by the same person looool.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:50 PM   #36
PRAY

I sent Megahurtz some stuff to try that will hopefully take care of it. There are some tables in the TCM that could be causing the problem. The thresholds are set pretty low in the trans as well as the ECM to limit power. We will have to see how his does. Hopefully the adjustments to the ECM will take care of the issue.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #37
Abdulisraddd

Drives: 17' 1SS A8
Quote:
I sent Megahurtz some stuff to try that will hopefully take care of it. There are some tables in the TCM that could be causing the problem. The thresholds are set pretty low in the trans as well as the ECM to limit power. We will have to see how his does. Hopefully the adjustments to the ECM will take care of the issue.

Cool cant wait to hear back
Old 10-17-2017, 08:11 PM   #38
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

I didn't get a chance to make it to Mexico yet. It's not easy to make these logs lol. I'll try again soon.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 AM   #39
Immoralus

Any visits to Mexico yet!?��
Old 10-21-2017, 07:23 AM   #40
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralus View Post
Any visits to Mexico yet!?��
From what I can tell from Mega's logs is that his trans TM is what is coming in on the shift up there. There is some converter slip as well.
Old 10-21-2017, 02:08 PM   #41
Immoralus

Could this be tuned out?
Old 10-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #42
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

I got a chance to get into Mexico a bit today. The Logs are not as good as I want so I may try to re-do them.

5th Gear still has the same TM pulling out timing. I'll send the logs to you later Bret. I'm going to try to get some cleaner logs first though.

I'm worried my torque converter could be causing the problem but I also can't tell if the TCM is causing it. The changes you had me make Bret seem to have eliminated all of the TM issues except for 5th gear. It even does it in 5th if I start at a low RPM when locked in 5th gear with the paddles.