Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2020, 09:49 PM   #57
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post

Just 6 miles a day is unnacceptable.
Having an automatic is unacceptable.
End User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #58
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by End User View Post
Having an automatic is unacceptable.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:09 AM   #59
jcsuddre

Drives: 2016 black 2 ss
I don’t have 100k yet but I’m at 70k in my 2016 . I put a lot on it in the first year or two by doing a lot of highway driving and commuting several hundred miles a week back in 2017. Overall I am glad I got an extended warranty because I would of paid some serious cash for all the wear and tear and also faulty things . Ive has the ac repaired , starter replaced , cam shaft sensor replaced just to name a few things . I also had that god awful shutter for a long time and I got it fixed last year with the flush and it hasnt came back since . I like my car but I think Chevy could of made it more reliable . I can say I will never ever buy a first year model of any new platform again .
jcsuddre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:21 AM   #60
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
All Depends on how hard you play. Ive read from owners could last as little as 15k or go 50k plus.
I suspect auto vs manual comes into play here, manuals are much easier on brakes due to the engine helping
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:25 AM   #61
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsreo View Post
I suspect auto vs manual comes into play here, manuals are much easier on brakes due to the engine helping
Yes that as well, although I would imagine people skilled enough to use their flappy paddles the right way can downshift quickly too. I just don’t know exactly how fast and responsive the transmission is in manual mode. I drove a Ferrari 458 at SpeedVegas and you hardly had to touch the brakes bringing it down from 100 on the straights to cornering speed because the downshifts were lightning fast. I know that uses an F1 transmission and the Camaros transmission is basically an old fashioned automatic with manual control override.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:26 PM   #62
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post

Just 6 miles a day is unnacceptable.

Can't help where my job is, but at least it's around a lake.

But I also have two other cars, a motorcycle and boat that have to get some seat time in, there's only so much time in the day/week/month. :-(
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #63
jusmills

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
So, I’ve got 116K in my 2016 Camaro SS (bought April 2016). The only manufacturing issue I had was at 12K miles (under warranty) the rear end was replaced due to “differential whine”. Mechanically, its been solid - just doing the recommended services. Electronics not bad (other than the random radio freak out issue that some have experience - again solved by pulling and reinstalling the fuse). Cosmetically, I will say that the wheel paint issue (black) leave a bit to be desired, but I’ve squared that away. The car has minimal usage damage (but that’s to be expected without PPF and Atlanta-area roads), so a few almost unnoticeable rock chips, 1 replaced windshield.

What I’d tell everyone is don’t be afraid to drive these cars, that’s what they are built for. I daily this car back and forth to work, some longer road trips to FL, its a competent highway cruiser, plenty fast and comfortable. When the time comes to retire this one, I’ll be happy that I know that I used it the way it was intended!
jusmills is offline   Reply With Quote