Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #183
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan01 View Post
I am in the minority, but I like the look of the dual singles better. Especially because on the NPP one tip always looks darker than the other, but having a quieter option could be nice at times.
Before I ordered mine I listen to both at the dealership, the NPP is actually a little louder. The dual exhaust is going through mufflers all the time were the quad tip is bypassing the chambered section of the muffler when in sport or track mode.

Regards I agree, I hate that on both systems you have to keep a rag on hand at all times to keep the tips clean

Last edited by Memphis SS; 05-29-2020 at 10:48 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:09 AM   #184
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
I’m kind of surprised that you can even tell from a street driving experience when you consider that the front rims and tires are the same and only the rear differ in size. Very interesting.

I agree. I have a good imagination? Perhaps. But that slight feel difference might be the 75 odd pounds less weight from my 2SS. Both SSes felt lighter on their feet than the ZL1 for sure and I had the 1LE replicas on the 2SS with ZL1 tire sizes. 200+ extra pounds you can feel. But there is reward for that sacrifice.

Can we fit the LT1 motor and the Tremec RR 6060 M6 in a BRZ? Now we are talking.
Old 05-30-2020, 12:30 PM   #185
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I agree. I have a good imagination? Perhaps. But that slight feel difference might be the 75 odd pounds less weight from my 2SS. Both SSes felt lighter on their feet than the ZL1 for sure and I had the 1LE replicas on the 2SS with ZL1 tire sizes. 200+ extra pounds you can feel. But there is reward for that sacrifice.

Can we fit the LT1 motor and the Tremec RR 6060 M6 in a BRZ? Now we are talking.
No, I was just interested in your comment. I know of very few that have owned ZL1, SS and LT1. I think that is good input regarding a combination of all the above. That makes sense.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:10 PM   #186
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Would a light bar look good with the LT1 front grill? I recently got the riveted bracket removed and wanted to see what you guys thought on it. The light bar would be like the Knight Rider Scanner as far as length maybe a little longer. I was thinking it might look good beneath the grey bar separating the bottom and top inserts. It would not be noticeable when off. It will have the option of the light going back and forth like the Knight Rider scanner as well and probably the option I would choose. The local cops are ok with it as long as I don't use it on the Interstates and its not the same color as police lights etc.
Attached Images

Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:52 AM   #187
Wintermute

Drives: 2020 LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Would a light bar look good with the LT1 front grill? I recently got the riveted bracket removed and wanted to see what you guys thought on it. The light bar would be like the Knight Rider Scanner as far as length maybe a little longer. I was thinking it might look good beneath the grey bar separating the bottom and top inserts. It would not be noticeable when off. It will have the option of the light going back and forth like the Knight Rider scanner as well and probably the option I would choose. The local cops are ok with it as long as I don't use it on the Interstates and its not the same color as police lights etc.
Ive seen that mod. If you're a fan of the show, I'd say go for it. At the end of the day it really matter if it looks good you.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:01 AM   #188
Devstrike

Yeah I am a big fan even though it was before my time my parents watched it with me when I was a kid. I am just not sure where in the front I would put it to where it will look decent when on there and I don't want to drill out the fascia.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:29 PM   #189
Wakemaker89

Drives: 2020 Summit White LT1 M6
Send a message via Skype™ to Wakemaker89
Quote:
Is ther another solution for a tow hook? Interested LT1 owners want to know....
Curious if there has been any update on the LT1 Tow hook situation?
Old 06-09-2020, 12:38 PM   #190
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakemaker89 View Post
Curious if there has been any update on the LT1 Tow hook situation?

Nothing so far. on the 5th gens we drilled them into the steel bumper.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #191
ModernCamaroZ28Fan
LT1_Radenso

Drives: a 2 spd water bottle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
In my opinion, the scanner will only look good at the very top or bottom of the grille.
ModernCamaroZ28Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #192
Devstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernCamaroZ28Fan View Post
In my opinion, the scanner will only look good at the very top or bottom of the grille.

Yeah I decided when I fix/replace the bumper cause of the license plate bracket holes I am going to put it on very top and center of the grill above the bow tie. Before install I will see how it looks first just in case.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #193
my1st_camaro
Advertise Here!

Drives: 2020 camaro LT1
Quote:
Nothing so far. on the 5th gens we drilled them into the steel bumper.
I found what looks like a tow hook in my glove box with the other documentation, not sure if I can use it...Loving the LT1 model so far, previously had 2 5th gen v6, a 2011 ls then a 2015 2lt.

Finally purchased the v8, dual mode exhaust sounds great. Had the biggest smile when I went to take delivery. I do miss the auto dimming mirrors from the 2lt, everyone has super bright headlights around here.
Attached Images

my1st_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:43 PM   #194
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
You can tilt the mirror up to dim it
Old 07-20-2020, 01:42 AM   #195
SlowSixx

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro LT1
2020 LT1

Absolutely. I purchased the car because it was a barebones V8. I have the m6 and with some typical mods and some weight reduction I am hurting blower car feelings.
Attached Images

SlowSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 05:32 AM   #196
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1st_camaro View Post
I found what looks like a tow hook in my glove box with the other documentation, not sure if I can use it...Loving the LT1 model so far, previously had 2 5th gen v6, a 2011 ls then a 2015 2lt.

Finally purchased the v8, dual mode exhaust sounds great. Had the biggest smile when I went to take delivery. I do miss the auto dimming mirrors from the 2lt, everyone has super bright headlights around here.
Yea this latest Camaro LT1 version sounds great. Even better than the earlier CA6 Camaros. I added a Rotofab to amp up the intake sound a bit. In a tunnel if you rev it , it is loud. I received the tow hook as well. I am not as worried about this now as Atco is closing after this season. I doubt I will break anything at stock power. And I will sell my DRs. :(