Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-25-2018, 12:38 AM   #43
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
At 37 yrs old, my wife is currently battling Stage 3 - triple negative breast cancer (more aggressive and tends to come back). In fact she had her weekly chemo treatment (Taxol and carboplatin) this afternoon. Her last chemo treatment will be December 3rd and to help our 4 year old daughter cope with it, we've joked that Santa will be "bringing mommy new hair for Xmas this year". It's a devastating ordeal to go through and to make matters worse, her 42 year old sister was just diagnosed with it for a 2nd time in 8 years (see my earlier statement about how Triple N comes back). The point of all of these personal details (that no one really cares about) is to make it clear that no one is more hyper-aware of Breast Cancer than I am...

Having said all of that - some of you are WAYYY too sensitive. The OP made a stupid post based more out of ignorance than malice. He wasn't trying to hurt any of you. He simply put his foot in his mouth. Everyone has done that at some point in their life. Feel free to educate people on the seriousness of Cancer, but please put down the pitchforks and torches. His comments were made as a mistake - some of you made hateful comments on purpose. Who's the real jerk?

...and FWIW, regardless of the color, that grill is horrendous.
I am deeply sorry about your wife and her sister and i mean it from the bottom of my heart. I wish them both speedy and full recoveries.

I have witnessed cancer in my own family and close friends. But most sadly, i have seen tons of young kids with cancer over the years. Some of them as young as 3 yrs old, their lives being silenced so very prematurely.
A true tragedy. Yes, it made me very sensitive on the subject. Enough said.

Now that aside, indeed the OP made a mistake. And he apologized for it. And folks thanked him for it. And this thread finished in peace. I say lets leave it this way.

Wishing you and your family all the very best in these extremely difficult times. Sincerely.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote