Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #2773
Odd Jobb

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
..... .....
Honey,,, could you grab the spray butter for me,,,
Odd Jobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #2774
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I drove it on some twisty country roads in beautiful weather, got to see everything blooming out for spring and well, had a blast driving my LT1 powered 6 speed beast. FUN!!
Old 04-05-2017, 11:06 PM   #2775
Neverenuff

Drives: '17 2SS A8 Nav NPP
I installed LED reverse lights and LED front turn signals this morning. I had these SS badges sitting in my tool box so I cleaned them up and put new 3M tape on the back. I put them where the Camaro badge was. I can't decide if I like it or not. I kinda like the clean look without anything there. I'm going to hard wire my radar detector tonight and if I have time, do my first oil change. I almost have 500 miles. Tomorrow is going to be a big day. My SEMA grill, Roto Fab CAI and exhaust arrive. I'll put the exhaust and CAI on tomorrow and probably do the grill Saturday. Not looking forward to removing the front clip.

2017 Summit White 2SS | A8 | Nav | MRR M017's | Nitto NT555 G2's 285/30, 305/30 | GM Strut Tower Brace | Gloss Black GM Front Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | Black front Bowtie rear Bowtie delete | Oracle LED Side Markers | Roto Fab CAI | SEMA grill | Borla S-Type axle back | Borla X Pipe/Mid Pipe w/2nd cat deletes | Power Stop Z26 pads | BMR sway bars & end links, upper/lower trailing arms, upper control arms, chassis braces | ACS ZL1 style rockers | OEM ZL1 rear spoiler | ZL1 start button | Mishimoto catch can | ZL1 6 Pots w/2 piece 390mm rotors | Valentine 1 hard wired | Husky Liners |
Neverenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #2776
Neverenuff

Drives: '17 2SS A8 Nav NPP
Oh and I stopped by Big Worms the other day to pick up my black bow ties and 3rd brake light tint.

2017 Summit White 2SS | A8 | Nav | MRR M017's | Nitto NT555 G2's 285/30, 305/30 | GM Strut Tower Brace | Gloss Black GM Front Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | Black front Bowtie rear Bowtie delete | Oracle LED Side Markers | Roto Fab CAI | SEMA grill | Borla S-Type axle back | Borla X Pipe/Mid Pipe w/2nd cat deletes | Power Stop Z26 pads | BMR sway bars & end links, upper/lower trailing arms, upper control arms, chassis braces | ACS ZL1 style rockers | OEM ZL1 rear spoiler | ZL1 start button | Mishimoto catch can | ZL1 6 Pots w/2 piece 390mm rotors | Valentine 1 hard wired | Husky Liners |
Neverenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:37 PM   #2777
Lemooreace

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, Black/Red
Put on red paddles today.
Attached Images

Lemooreace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:16 AM   #2778
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I drove mine and dropped it off at the Dealership yesterday to have the following done:
Replace center hood stripe (two imperfections)
Install Borla S-Type exhaust
Install black bow-ties
Oil change (free)
Replace front drivers side LED (burned out)

They gave me a Cruze as a loaner. That thing has got to be putting out at least 65 TQ and HP...........Great on gas though.....

I might actually buy one as a "winter vehicle" while the camaro is off the road.........

They went to install the stripe yesterday afternoon, and apparently GM had a "small batch" of non-matching (mis colored) hood stripes. Yup. I got one. So a new one is on order.

On a REALLY sucky note, they are calling for snow here today....
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:37 AM   #2779
Casalino

Drives: 17' 1LE BLK
a quick story on window tint. Since i got my 1LE, everyone has asked me when i'm getting window tint. They think i'm nuts when i tell them for now I don't want tints.

I have no front plate so that's enough to get the cops on me. Two days ago i had a cop put his lights on to cut through traffic and get beside me and follow me. I had my windows down at night and he just followed me about 3/4 mile. I finally thought to myself maybe he thinks my windows are tinted. I roll my windows up to kinda show him they are clear. a few seconds later he turns around and drives away. Thus, no tints for a good while
Casalino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:15 AM   #2780
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casalino View Post
a quick story on window tint. Since i got my 1LE, everyone has asked me when i'm getting window tint. They think i'm nuts when i tell them for now I don't want tints.

I have no front plate so that's enough to get the cops on me. Two days ago i had a cop put his lights on to cut through traffic and get beside me and follow me. I had my windows down at night and he just followed me about 3/4 mile. I finally thought to myself maybe he thinks my windows are tinted. I roll my windows up to kinda show him they are clear. a few seconds later he turns around and drives away. Thus, no tints for a good while
I live in NY as well and unless you know someone at a inspection shop you will now fail with tinted windows in the front/sides of the Camaro. To be honest i can care less about the cops stopping me for tints as the past 17 years i have had tints i have not gotten pulled over or ticketed (knock on wood). I have 30% on my Camaro now and 20% on the rest of my cars i owned. You are right about the front plate though, they like to mess with people on that one here...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:46 AM   #2781
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Is that "ANY" tint? Or just beyond a certain point?

In LA, we have certain amounts you can get legally. And then you can go darker, illegally. Because the Camaro has such small windows, I figured that I could go legal, and it'd still be dark, And, I was right. But, on my wife's SUV, which has about 1.3 acres of glass, we went a bit darker than legal.
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #2782
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Is that "ANY" tint? Or just beyond a certain point?

In LA, we have certain amounts you can get legally. And then you can go darker, illegally. Because the Camaro has such small windows, I figured that I could go legal, and it'd still be dark, And, I was right. But, on my wife's SUV, which has about 1.3 acres of glass, we went a bit darker than legal.
For NY State -

New York State’s new window tinting law, which went into effect on January 1, 2017 and requires window tint testing during annual motor vehicle inspections.

New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law does not allow a windshield or front side windows to block more than 30 percent of the light coming into a vehicle, meaning that 70 percent or more of the light from the outside must pass through the window. This law also applies to the rear window unless the vehicle has outside rear-view mirrors on both sides that provide the driver with a full and clear view behind the vehicle. Rear side windows must also allow at least 70 percent of light from the outside to pass through the window if the vehicle is classified as a station wagon, sedan, hardtop, coupe, hatchback or convertible. A vehicle falls into one of these categories if it is labeled “Passenger Car” on the Federal ID label found on the left front door panel. But if the label says MPV (multi-purpose vehicle), truck, bus, etc., then the vehicle’s side windows to the rear of the driver’s seat are exempt from widow tint inspection.

Basically to sum it up if you have less then 70% percent tint on your side windows (which is basically no tint) you will fail the inspection and also risk $150 fine if you get pulled over and they use their meter to check the %. Some of the dumbest laws that make you wonder what kind of place I live in LOL
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 AM   #2783
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverenuff View Post
I installed LED reverse lights and LED front turn signals this morning. I had these SS badges sitting in my tool box so I cleaned them up and put new 3M tape on the back. I put them where the Camaro badge was. I can't decide if I like it or not. I kinda like the clean look without anything there. I'm going to hard wire my radar detector tonight and if I have time, do my first oil change. I almost have 500 miles. Tomorrow is going to be a big day. My SEMA grill, Roto Fab CAI and exhaust arrive. I'll put the exhaust and CAI on tomorrow and probably do the grill Saturday. Not looking forward to removing the front clip.
Really curious how the front turn signal replacement went. The passenger side seems easy enough, but the driver's side looks to be a pain. Unless I'm missing a secret (which is probably the case).

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #2784
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicSimonis View Post
Really curious how the front turn signal replacement went. The passenger side seems easy enough, but the driver's side looks to be a pain. Unless I'm missing a secret (which is probably the case).
I am VERY interested in this as well........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:42 PM   #2785
Block8head

Drives: 2016 Vert 2SS/2018 ZL1 Vert Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemooreace View Post
Put on red paddles today.
where did you get those carbon fiber trim pieces?
Block8head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #2786
Abdulisraddd

Drives: 17' 1SS A8
Wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk