Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
On an Ls2 intake I do see where you can gain from porting but not on an Ls3/L99 intake.

Send me one and ill put it on my 2010 with bolt ons and a mustang dyno as well. Same time same day.

Do you guys offer refunds if there are no gains?
I'll make that bet with you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
I'll make that bet with you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
Is this a peakspeed intake?

If so let's get it in!
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
no it's not i'll pm you as i don't want to jumble up their thread.
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #18
peakspeedshop

Drives: Camaro Service Provider
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
On an Ls2 intake I do see where you can gain from porting but not on an Ls3/L99 intake.

Send me one and ill put it on my 2010 with bolt ons and a mustang dyno as well. Same time same day.

Do you guys offer refunds if there are no gains?
No refunds if no gains primarily because we can only control the intake improvements... not the other variables that go into each vehicles performance including the tuning.

However, here are what other customers have reported back concerning our porting of their LS3 manifolds....
"I got to take the car out today, does pull harder . Worth the price."
Jack - Amarillo, TX (LS3 Intake Manifold Radical Porting & Throttle Body ported)

“Just wanted everyone to know that Bob did a fantastic job on my manifold and throttlebody. Not only was Bob great to work with, but my manifold arrived at Peak Speed Shop damaged and Bob took great pains to contact me about it (I'm not easy to get a hold of) and repaired it for free. Both pieces came back looking great - just as advertised. The set up runs great and I can feel a difference in throttle response. I haven't really jumped on it yet as the weather up here has been lousy and I'm still on last years gas."
Ken - Mercer Island, WA (LS3 Intake Manifold Radical Porting & Throttle Body ported)

“According to the dyno I got 12 HP and 15 torque. I can feel the throttle response is very quick. I'm chirping second and third. Thank you for all your help! I will highly recommend you to all these guys up here.”
Ken – Baton Rouge, LA (LS3 Intake Manifold Radical Porting & Throttle Body Ported)

“Got tuned tonight. I got the radical ported IM and a ported TB from a competitor. (now I wish I had gone with Bob's ported TB). I didn't get the gains that KP08 got but not bad. 8 HP and 12 TQ. Same tuner, same dyno. My tuner is going to email me the dyno overlayed on my last tune. The increase is across the board. Final numbers were SAE 427/425 (I think) on a Dyno Jet.”
Thomas – Naperville, IL (LS3 Intake Manifold Radically ported)

peakspeedshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #19
peakspeedshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
There is no way this thing doesn't resonate or flex under boost with the posts out.
It does resonate a little more but we've never had a customer return one because their engine made a little more noise. Every customer preferred the extra 5 rwhp that Radical Porting gave them over Basic Porting.

Flexing has never been an issue, even under supercharged applications.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #20
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Flow charts?????
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #21
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
Well, Id honestly say the power came from turning off cat protection, hence the rich drop off on the top end of the original pull. Power from 11.5 to 12.5 can be this much gain.
Peak Speed Shop, what do you guys have in response to Rhino's comment above?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakspeedshop View Post
No refunds if no gains primarily because we can only control the intake improvements... not the other variables that go into each vehicles performance including the tuning.

However, here are what other customers have reported back concerning our porting of their LS3 manifolds....
"I got to take the car out today, does pull harder . Worth the price."
Jack - Amarillo, TX (LS3 Intake Manifold Radical Porting & Throttle Body ported)

“Just wanted everyone to know that Bob did a fantastic job on my manifold and throttlebody. Not only was Bob great to work with, but my manifold arrived at Peak Speed Shop damaged and Bob took great pains to contact me about it (I'm not easy to get a hold of) and repaired it for free. Both pieces came back looking great - just as advertised. The set up runs great and I can feel a difference in throttle response. I haven't really jumped on it yet as the weather up here has been lousy and I'm still on last years gas."
Ken - Mercer Island, WA (LS3 Intake Manifold Radical Porting & Throttle Body ported)

“According to the dyno I got 12 HP and 15 torque. I can feel the throttle response is very quick. I'm chirping second and third. Thank you for all your help! I will highly recommend you to all these guys up here.”
Ken – Baton Rouge, LA (LS3 Intake Manifold Radical Porting & Throttle Body Ported)

“Got tuned tonight. I got the radical ported IM and a ported TB from a competitor. (now I wish I had gone with Bob's ported TB). I didn't get the gains that KP08 got but not bad. 8 HP and 12 TQ. Same tuner, same dyno. My tuner is going to email me the dyno overlayed on my last tune. The increase is across the board. Final numbers were SAE 427/425 (I think) on a Dyno Jet.”
Thomas – Naperville, IL (LS3 Intake Manifold Radically ported)

Quote:
It does resonate a little more but we've never had a customer return one because their engine made a little more noise. Every customer preferred the extra 5 rwhp that Radical Porting gave them over Basic Porting.

Flexing has never been an issue, even under supercharged applications.
Why wouldn't you offer a refund and require the intake to be sent back if there are no gains? If you are going to make a claim as said above even that "every customer preferred the extra 5rwhp that Radical Porting game them over even the basic porting" why wouldn't you be willing to stand behind that as a company instead of hiding behind customer testimonials that may or may not be true?

I could understand not offering a refund if a customer wanted to keep the intake, because then there would be an incentive to fudge numbers to get a refund, then tune it back up and keep the intake for free hp. However, that wouldn't be the case. You would have to get the ported intake back, so there would be no reason for the individual to fudge numbers to get no gains, and deal with the hassle of swapping out intakes.

Stand behind your product, not your "testimonials" that may or may not be true.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:47 PM   #22
peakspeedshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
Peak Speed Shop, what do you guys have in response to Rhino's comment above?

Why wouldn't you offer a refund and require the intake to be sent back if there are no gains? If you are going to make a claim as said above even that "every customer preferred the extra 5rwhp that Radical Porting game them over even the basic porting" why wouldn't you be willing to stand behind that as a company instead of hiding behind customer testimonials that may or may not be true?

I could understand not offering a refund if a customer wanted to keep the intake, because then there would be an incentive to fudge numbers to get a refund, then tune it back up and keep the intake for free hp. However, that wouldn't be the case. You would have to get the ported intake back, so there would be no reason for the individual to fudge numbers to get no gains, and deal with the hassle of swapping out intakes.

Stand behind your product, not your "testimonials" that may or may not be true.
I should clarify.... we offer this unconditional guarantee on any product or service that we sell:
Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #23
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
So then you do offer a refund if no gains are achieved?
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #24
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
Sounds like a yes to me...they just don't word it like that.

I'd also like to hear their response to what Rhino79 posted. I asked earlier and they quoted that part of my post but said nothing about it.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:43 PM   #25
peakspeedshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
Correct. Unconditional Guarantee for 30 days.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #26
peakspeedshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
Well, Id honestly say the power came from turning off cat protection, hence the rich drop off on the top end of the original pull. Power from 11.5 to 12.5 can be this much gain.
There was no note made from the customer nor the tuner that cat protection was turned off. Gains were attributed to the intake manifold porting.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:

Quote:
I should clarify.... we offer this unconditional guarantee on any product or service that we sell:
Confused which is it?
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #28
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
In that case pm me price I'll be willing to try this out for more info for the forum.
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dyno, intake manifold, intake porting, peak speed shop, radical port