Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
My Impressions After First Viewing

I saw a SIM 2LT/RS for the first time today, and in a word, WOW! Within 10-20 seconds of gazing at it, the word MUSCULAR came to mind, not sleak, sporty or sexy, but muscular. Why? Well, the 20" rims are big, and the car is tall. I don't mean body height off the ground or necessarily the height of the roof off the ground. It's hard to explain, but the tall front profile has been pointed out in another thread here and I suppose the rather high hips also add to that look. Believe me, it's not a bad thing. It gives the car a very muscular, domineering look.

The tires are wide enough. I was all about 295s or 305s until today, because I haven't seen one picture where I thought the tires actually looked wide enough. Well, when I got down low behind the car I was quite satisfied with the 10.8" of Pirellis on the ground. SWEET!

No one should be dissatisfied with the Midnight Silver wheels. They're a slightly grayish silver and not sparkley metallic which shouts painted. They look like clearcoated polished metal. Because of the color, I'd have to call them more masculine looking than the silver or polished aluminum.

I was skeptical of the interior, but it's unique, very nice and not cheap looking whatsoever, actually nicer than the interior in my 350Z. In particular, the gray stitching used on the steering wheel and seat leather lends a real quality, classy look. And the leather is beautiful. Don't sell it short if you haven't seen it in person, C_C.

This is one car you have to see to appreciate, and when you do, nothing else will compare!
Old 05-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
love reading this stuff
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #4
MRSBMCS

Drives: 06 H3, 07 Chev truck, 10 2SSRS
Thanks for telling us about the wheels, that's the first review of the rims. Glad tu hear ir, that"s what we got. Can hardly wait!
MRSBMCS is offline   Reply With Quote