Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2022, 06:28 AM   #1
JSenek

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Pirelli P Zero Track Usage

Picking up a '19 SS 1LE soon, equipped with Pirelli P Zero all around. Does anyone have experience with this tire at the track?

I'm inclined to go ahead and just replace them with a fresh set of OEM GYSC3, but I'd like a sanity check from you fine folks before I do this.

I'll be doing a lot of tracking at Road Atlanta, if that helps inform a decision.
JSenek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 06:47 AM   #2
dsheffer46

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I would pick up a set of GYSC3's, much better tire for track use. You can find practically brand-new sets for $700-800 on here. Shipping might kill you though...

GYSC3's are soooo much fun on the track! They offer great feedback and handle great! I found the wear best at -2.5 front, -2.0 rear.

Good luck!
dsheffer46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 06:56 AM   #3
JSenek

Drives: 2020 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheffer46 View Post
I would pick up a set of GYSC3's, much better tire for track use. You can find practically brand-new sets for $700-800 on here. Shipping might kill you though...

GYSC3's are soooo much fun on the track! They offer great feedback and handle great! I found the wear best at -2.5 front, -2.0 rear.

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. I've loved the GYSC3Rs on my track wheels for my outgoing C7 Z51. I'm hoping the non-Rs will be a great DD/Track tire until I pick up a set of track wheels for this vehicle. Just couldn't find any info on here about the P Zero.
JSenek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
The OEM GYSC3's are great on the track and dry streets, but will try to kill you on the street in rain. For a single tire solution that includes rainy day DD, Michelin PS4S is much better all-rounder for 3-seasons in upstate SC, and very good on the track.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:00 PM   #5
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
From what I've been told by other track drivers, the p zero is a GREAT tire. Specially right off the bat. But they will slowly start going where the sc3s (and more so the sc3rs) will hold grip longer..but take a lap or 2 to get up to temp.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote