Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-20-2022, 09:24 AM   #15
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP08jrf View Post
Do some searching and see if you can find a reputable wheel repair business in your region. As long as your wheels are only curb rash and moderate scrapes, wheel refurbishing may be a cheaper alternative. I imagine if you wanted them repaired and painted black, this could be done for cheaper than a new set, and you wouldn’t need to worry about fit at all.

For reference I had OEM machine face wheels (not the Camaro’s) redone for $125 each last summer.
This is why I posted here, thanks. I remember someone suggesting something like that years ago in the camaro5 forums.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:25 PM   #16
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GXP08jrf View Post
Do some searching and see if you can find a reputable wheel repair business in your region. As long as your wheels are only curb rash and moderate scrapes, wheel refurbishing may be a cheaper alternative. I imagine if you wanted them repaired and painted black, this could be done for cheaper than a new set, and you wouldn’t need to worry about fit at all.

For reference I had OEM machine face wheels (not the Camaro’s) redone for $125 each last summer.
Quotes that I got for fixing the curb rash was $225 per wheel.

My ex mother in-law, who still calls me her son in-law, even though her daughter remarried, let me use her interest free credit card to order wheels and tires.

I went the simple route and ordered OEM spec wheels and tires. Strada Perfetto 20x8.5 +25mm Wheels and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 PLUS 245/40ZR20
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2022, 06:47 AM   #17
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckrglenn View Post
Quotes that I got for fixing the curb rash was $225 per wheel.

My ex mother in-law, who still calls me her son in-law, even though her daughter remarried, let me use her interest free credit card to order wheels and tires.

I went the simple route and ordered OEM spec wheels and tires. Strada Perfetto 20x8.5 +25mm Wheels and Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 PLUS 245/40ZR20
That repair qoute is higher than I might've anticipated, but a lot of factors go into it, so maybe it was reasonable these days.

Regardless, I think you'll be happy with your new setup. I run DWS06 on my 'vert, and the overall improvement from the stock GoodYears was significant.
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:58 AM   #18
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Nice wheel . Post pictures. Thanks. Mine is satin steel metallic.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote