Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #15
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetheroofer1984 View Post
Now's as good as time as any if you're going to have it for while. I just bought a fully loaded convertible m6 black on black for 60.8 + Tax Title

I'm in DFW

2019 Brand new never titled 18 miles

Speaking of they throw lots of rocks at the car, looks like I'm gonna hit up Dr Color Chip.

Any ideas for keeping the paint in better shape around the fenders?

I live in DFW and construction is everywhere. Trying to avoid construction zones with small rocks is nearly impossible.
Get ppf on your car and that will for the most part take care of the paint chips.
Sorry not trying to highjack the thread
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #16
hammerdahn

Drives: 19 ZLE
Start showing interest now and dealers will get desperate when overall sales slump in February
hammerdahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:57 PM   #17
DONATI_ZL1_1LE

Drives: CAMARO ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by most-wanted View Post
Thanks. I actually got lucky on somewhat local. In Georgia which never happens. I had looked for used. Wanted a new A10 1LE but they were holding steady and best deal I could find was $63K. Then found this deal and was like the A10 isn't worth the premium. Went in and deal was spot on. I was actually on a cruise lol and still shopping. lol. Actually cheaper than advertised. gave me a 3% finance rate and even got a $700 Costco shopping card so wife is happy lol. They didn't want my ZL1 and offered me low money so I said let me find a buyer and he said no problem. So listed it here and had a buyer in 24 hours. Everyone won. dealers exact words were we cant sell these zl1's I want it out of here. Finding that type of dealer is tricky. When they want something gone they can find the hidden money. Always makes me wonder how much is really hidden. The monthly tags change so just need to hit a solid month and find a dealer who wants to move the inventory for whatever their reason. Sometimes it something that has sat, sometimes they need to sell so many units that month. But yes I did get a little lucky but I shop hard. Dan Cummins. Donohoo, and others generally run employee pricing etc. Good luck to the OP on the search. But at the end of the day I would never just wait as long as it isn't a money issue. We always want to save. But I have learned life can change in a minute and go out and make some memories.

You in Atlanta, what dealer, I’m shopping now! ZLE
DONATI_ZL1_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:03 PM   #18
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
You might check with Hendrick Chevy Donati since you are in the Atlanta area. Check their website and you will probably find a few listed. I saw some listed about 2 weeks ago!
Old 01-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #19
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
You might check with Hendrick Chevy Donati since you are in the Atlanta area. Check their website and you will probably find a few listed. I saw some listed about 2 weeks ago!
Both Hendrick dealers in Atlanta Buford/ Duluth sick balls. Game players. I have solid ties with Hendricks because of my nascar trucks etc and cant get a car bought at either dealer. I will go to charlotte or cary stores for Chevy/Hendrick. I cant even write all the BS they have pulled. The one zl1 I did get bought not at a great deal but got bought had a huge gash in the tire. I mean deap and about 5". Called them and they said oh yeah we forgot we ran over a parking curb, sorry. Stay away from them. neither dealer has any interest in selling cars. I have bought 5 chevys in the last year and none from them. I always give them a shot but nothing. They advertise low and wont come near those prices. Just tried again about two weeks ago. The fkn games are ridiculous.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #20
most-wanted

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONATI_ZL1_1LE View Post
You in Atlanta, what dealer, I’m shopping now! ZLE
Maxie Price but they didn't have any more left. They may have gotten 20's in they will want to move. You can look at their inventory and I can send you contact names. DO NOT waste your time with either Hendrick dealer here. PM me if youd like the full scoop. Ill send you my phone number and we can talk via phone.
most-wanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #21
Joetheroofer1984

Drives: '19 ZL1 m6 BoB Vert, '19 Denali 1/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Get ppf on your car and that will for the most part take care of the paint chips.
Sorry not trying to highjack the thread

The dealer only offered a catastrophic paint & body. Can I purchase this aftermarket? Any idea on a quality plan to go with.

I bought one with my truck '19 denali but it's sold through dealers only.. I'm about to take it in for a small ding that I made with my hammer that its nearly impossible to see since I've buffed the scratch out of the center. Damn aluminum..
Joetheroofer1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #22
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

I doubt your dealer installs Paint Protection Film.
Detailing shops and wrap shops will typically do it. I have Suntek PPF. A couple other popular companies are 3M and Xpel.
Google them. It’s pretty amazing stuff and extremely durable. Expensive but saves the paint big time.
Sorry, I should add, if your dealer does offer PPF they probably have someone they contract to come in and do it. My neighbours Mercedes dealership offers this.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
I doubt your dealer installs Paint Protection Film.
Detailing shops and wrap shops will typically do it. I have Suntek PPF. A couple other popular companies are 3M and Xpel.
Google them. It’s pretty amazing stuff and extremely durable. Expensive but saves the paint big time.
Sorry, I should add, if your dealer does offer PPF they probably have someone they contract to come in and do it. My neighbours Mercedes dealership offers this.
... one more add... that would be the most expensive way to do it as well.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #24
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

yep. With having the ZLE I feel it was worth it.
Another recommendation I should have mentioned is get some rock guards. They also help
Old 01-17-2020, 08:03 PM   #25
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
It blows my mind that you can buy a ZL1 or ZLE at prices like this. I am honestly running out of reasons not to buy a ZL1, it's just such a great car that has been selling at crazy awesome prices.

The alpha paired with GMs parts sharing has allowed GM to created a car unlike anything in its price range by a large margin. No manufacturer in the world has given the consumer a car like this that can be had for mid to high $50's new!!!! WOW
Old 01-17-2020, 10:18 PM   #26
DONATI_ZL1_1LE

Quote:
Both Hendrick dealers in Atlanta Buford/ Duluth sick balls. Game players. I have solid ties with Hendricks because of my nascar trucks etc and cant get a car bought at either dealer. I will go to charlotte or cary stores for Chevy/Hendrick. I cant even write all the BS they have pulled. The one zl1 I did get bought not at a great deal but got bought had a huge gash in the tire. I mean deap and about 5". Called them and they said oh yeah we forgot we ran over a parking curb, sorry. Stay away from them. neither dealer has any interest in selling cars. I have bought 5 chevys in the last year and none from them. I always give them a shot but nothing. They advertise low and wont come near those prices. Just tried again about two weeks ago. The fkn games are ridiculous.
I been trying to deal with them but 100% agrees with what you say about games, took me 4 hours for a test drive, and came back at me $15k over online price, I’m pre approved through credit union and putting 1/3 down. Time wasters for sure.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:19 PM   #27
DONATI_ZL1_1LE

Quote:
Maxie Price but they didn't have any more left. They may have gotten 20's in they will want to move. You can look at their inventory and I can send you contact names. DO NOT waste your time with either Hendrick dealer here. PM me if youd like the full scoop. Ill send you my phone number and we can talk via phone.
Ill look into them. Pm incoming.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #28
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
It blows my mind that you can buy a ZL1 or ZLE at prices like this. I am honestly running out of reasons not to buy a ZL1, it's just such a great car that has been selling at crazy awesome prices.

The alpha paired with GMs parts sharing has allowed GM to created a car unlike anything in its price range by a large margin. No manufacturer in the world has given the consumer a car like this that can be had for mid to high $50's new!!!! WOW
It is crazy. It’s an incredibly capable machine. It feels so planted and I haven’t even had a track alignment done yet. And how much is offered as standard equipment is another thing that is really ......kinda..... mind boggling for what you get. Yeah it may not have an interior and other things cars that are three, four, five times the price have. But Christ the car comes standard with a lot of goodies and a ton of performance.
We are living in great times for car wars.