Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-20-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
QuackCocaine

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Best place to find a used 2013 2LT/RS Camaro?

After 2 years of saving and waiting I am finally buying my first car. I want to get a white 2013 2LT/RS (manual, less than 50k miles). My max budget is $20k (not including taxes, registration, etc.). I'd also be open to an SS but from what I've seen, the decent ones start around 23-25k.

My problem is, there are less than 3 that fit that bill on cars.com or similar sites. So far the one car I have found that meets my criteria is about 1.2k miles away from me -
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2514/overview/

Before I start considering buying a plane ticket I wanted to ask y'all if there was a better way to find 5th gens. Since I've been waiting for so long, I know exactly what I want and I'm not budging on anything, which is also a problem.

I'm not in a rush, my time frame is anywhere from now to December at the latest.
QuackCocaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #2
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Look on craigslist. You should be able to get an SS for $20K after you negotiate.

Here is one with 100k mile warranty but it's an Automatic.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/...203896919.html
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
QuackCocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Look on craigslist. You should be able to get an SS for $20K after you negotiate.

Here is one with 100k mile warranty but it's an Automatic.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/...203896919.html
Hm... Not a bad idea. I've always kind of leaned away from craigslist but I'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 07-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #4
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
My experience

I got my 2014 2LT/RS Summit White back in April; it had a little under 20,000 miles, was GM certified and I paid $20,400 for it. I regularly looked for cars on cars.com, autotrader.com and cargurus.com over a 2-3 month time frame before I saw one I was interested enough to look at (and buy). You can get a pretty good idea of prices if you look over time at different cars and trim levels.

Mine was a pretty good deal towards the bottom of the price range for 2014 2LTs, average was more like $22-23k unless you get into higher mileage. You could start to get into 1SS at around $25k and I saw a few 2SS models around $26k up to $30k. This was for 2014s, 2013s maybe a little less but not much. You might be able to shave a few thousand off of all those prices if you can find something on craigslist - although I never really saw anything I liked there, WoodBoss did show that they are out there if you dig a little.

I would decide first what you really want and then start looking. If you really want an SS, don't settle. Or if the leather and other upgrades are important, you want a 2LT or 2SS, not a 1xx. I know there's a budget - we all have one - but don't end up with the wrong car over a few thousand.

Last edited by KenKat; 07-22-2017 at 01:42 PM.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
got my 2015 2LT/RS last august for $23,600.only 8,000 miles on it,remainder of 3 year bumper to bumper warranty still in effect,plus free oil changes for 24,000 miles at the chevy dealer.these cars hold their value pretty well, a 2012 with 50,000 miles on it would be the same price once you pop for a warranty.i had no preference other than wanting a 5th gen RS,so the model year didnt matter to me,just went with the best car i could find for the money.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:15 PM   #6
QuackCocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
I got my 2014 2LT/RS Summit White back in April; it had a little under 20,000 miles, was GM certified and I paid $20,400 for it. I regularly looked for cars on cars.com, autotrader.com and cargurus.com over a 2-3 month time frame before I saw one I was interested enough to look at (and buy). You can get a pretty good idea of prices if you look over time at different cars and trim levels.

Mine was a pretty good deal towards the bottom of the price range for 2014 2LTs, average was more like $22-23k unless you get into higher mileage. You could start to get into 1SS at around $25k and I saw a few 2SS models around $26k up to $30k. This was for 2014s, 2013s maybe a little less but not much. You might be able to shave a few thousand off of all those prices if you can find something on craigslist - although I never really saw anything I liked there, WoodBoss did show that they are out there if you dig a little.

I would decide first what you really want and then start looking. If you really want an SS, don't settle. Or if the leather and other upgrades are important, you want a 2LT or 2SS, not a 1xx. I know there's a budget - we all have one - but don't end up with the wrong car over a few thousand.
Definitely all solid advice. I have already been following the 2LT/RS on cars.com, autotrader, etc. for the past half year or so. I have a very good idea of what I want, what models that includes and all the features I won't settle without.

Since posting this I decided its probably better if I stick to the 2LT/RS and wait until after college to move up to a 2SS/1LE when I can get everything I want on it.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:41 AM   #7
KnightHawk70

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT w/RS Package
Just purchase my Black 2013 2LT/RS from Carmax for $19,900 with 24K miles. I had to transfer mine from Clearwater FL.
KnightHawk70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:15 PM   #8
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I found my car on Cars.com, negotiated with the owner of the car over the phone. Got the price reduced down from his original asking price and shortly after that owned a 2011.

Look slightly above your asking price as well as you can possibly negotiate with the seller if it is a person, or even a dealer.

Edit: I posted before finishing reading your post. You already looked on cars.com and similar sites.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:55 PM   #9
QuackCocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightHawk70 View Post
Just purchase my Black 2013 2LT/RS from Carmax for $19,900 with 24K miles. I had to transfer mine from Clearwater FL.
I actually got in touch with a carmax buyer through a friend and I'm hoping they can come through. My biggest problem is finding a V6 in manual, it feels impossible. I've opened up my color choice a little to charcoal gray or white but I still don't see that many ever show up.

Basically I'm at the point where I check cars.com, autotrader, carmax, and car gurus several times a week.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:25 AM   #10
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackCocaine View Post
I actually got in touch with a carmax buyer through a friend and I'm hoping they can come through. My biggest problem is finding a V6 in manual, it feels impossible. I've opened up my color choice a little to charcoal gray or white but I still don't see that many ever show up.

Basically I'm at the point where I check cars.com, autotrader, carmax, and car gurus several times a week.
I think what is making your search tricky (but don't give up on what you want) is looking for a specific year with your wants. Obviously don't give up on what you want, keep looking, may take a little while, but it will turn up.

Guessing you want a '13 due to having the mylink touchscreen and that particular look before the refresh in '14.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #11
QuackCocaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
I think what is making your search tricky (but don't give up on what you want) is looking for a specific year with your wants. Obviously don't give up on what you want, keep looking, may take a little while, but it will turn up.

Guessing you want a '13 due to having the mylink touchscreen and that particular look before the refresh in '14.
Yea I am fully aware I want a very specific car And yea I really like the pre-refresh 5th gen body style and then the 2013 is the newest of that body style. I got a couple dealerships looking but they keep calling me with 2015, 2011, or not even close to what I wanted.. Can't wait though.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #12
jameskatt157

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro v6
I found good insurance auction with used Camaros. They have 2013 2LT/RS too. https://sca.auction/en/search/type-c...t/model-camaro Have anybody used them?
jameskatt157 is offline   Reply With Quote