Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 01-28-2021, 01:17 AM   #1
MVPxD

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Headers to MBRP exhaust?

I have a MBRP catback exhaust on my car. I’m in between Texas speed headers and Kooks headers. Both 1 7/8” with high flow cats. Do I need any custom work to connect the headers to the MBRP cat back? Or do they just bolt right now?

If not, what work needs to be done?

If they do, what exactly am I looking for on the cats to just bolt on? Links?

MBRP is 3”.

Thanks!
MVPxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #2
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Got the same setup. Headers getting coated now. I believe because the Texas speed headers are designed around their x pipe, the TSP cats or off road connections are splayed to fit their x pipe. I believe we need to add a short piece of 3” tubing to make the connection. Could also remove the two Z pipes toward the front of the car, add a few inches to the straight run and cut as need up front to fit.
Old 02-03-2021, 08:35 PM   #3
MVPxD

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Thank you. May I ask about the header coating? Do I need that? Should I get that? Can I get them wrapped instead. Also what numbers did you get with your mods? I see they may be similar to set up
MVPxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:54 PM   #4
BruceWayne1LE

I had my header coating done locally by a shop that’s been around for decades. 280$ I’d post a picture if I knew how lol. I’d stay away from wraps. They can cause hotspots and trap moisture. I haven’t dyno’d my car I just went with a remote tune.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:15 PM   #5
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPxD View Post
Thank you. May I ask about the header coating? Do I need that? Should I get that? Can I get them wrapped instead. Also what numbers did you get with your mods? I see they may be similar to set up
I would recommend getting your headers coated because it keeps the temps down in the engine bay...some get them coated, some don't but the benefits of getting them coated is worth it to me. I track my car too soo ceramic was a no brainer

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:31 PM   #6
BruceWayne1LE

The other big benefit of coated headers is exhaust velocity.