Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-06-2021, 05:25 PM   #15
frankcam6

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE RB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded_Seamonkey View Post
I'm planning to go to the dealer on Thursday 4/8 to place an order.......
Who else is planning to order a 2022 and what model????
Having never ordered a vehicle and only bought new just curious as to concencus on what’s a fair discount off when ordering. I wouldn’t think it’s full msrp that the Corvette C8 commands at least in our region... And I’m pretty sure any gm cash back in place at time of delivery is applied.
frankcam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #16
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcam6 View Post
Having never ordered a vehicle and only bought new just curious as to concencus on what’s a fair discount off when ordering. I wouldn’t think it’s full msrp that the Corvette C8 commands at least in our region... And I’m pretty sure any gm cash back in place at time of delivery is applied.
The few dealers I contacted so far are preparing me to pay close to MSRP, and definitely at least invoice (which apparently is less than $2K on the car I'm looking at, at least for 2021 models). That would be before any GM rebates, obviously.

I must say I'm not surprised, with the current situation with pandemic and chip shortages, dealers aren't willing to commit to anything any lower in writing...

It hurts a bit, when some people have talked about buying car $5k - $6k off some months ago Those people did GOOD!

Geoff
Jofu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 07:05 PM   #17
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
When you want specific components you often can't find them on a lot. So you pay for what you want. Your car will depreciate regardless so plan to keep whatever you order for a while. I suggest you do not purchase a car with an A8.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:02 PM   #18
Bearded_Seamonkey

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcam6 View Post
In my opinion...one thing I have learned...if it’s the exact car you want...pay the price to get it. When it’s in your garage...not very often do you sit there...look at it and say...”I wish I got 2k more off the price”. If it feels right...do it. Everyone has a different opinion on this. Some people search for the best deal and can wait until that day. I look at it in the sense that I can get my dream car now....I may pay a little more but to me...$2k off of $75k is not a big deal. I will be truly happy with the exact car that I want.
2000 Corvette
Bearded_Seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:23 PM   #19
Camarokid1996
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2ss/rs TF edition
Well this might be bad news for me. Was holding off ordering my 2021 LT1 until mid April to see what was going on with the factory shutdown. Can anyone chime in on the latest I can order a '21? Really want SHOCK, but if they're deleting it for the 2022 model year I may have to go with another color
Camarokid1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 08:47 PM   #20
Hitman84

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarokid1996 View Post
Well this might be bad news for me. Was holding off ordering my 2021 LT1 until mid April to see what was going on with the factory shutdown. Can anyone chime in on the latest I can order a '21? Really want SHOCK, but if they're deleting it for the 2022 model year I may have to go with another color
This Thursday the 8th is the final order cycle for 21s and that's assuming you can find a dealer with allocation.
I gave up on ordering a 21 and plan on ordering a 22
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:39 PM   #21
Seventh Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
This Thursday the 8th is the final order cycle for 21s and that's assuming you can find a dealer with allocation.
I gave up on ordering a 21 and plan on ordering a 22
Same here. I couldn't find a local dealer (that I would purchase from) with an allocation for 2021. So, the dealer that I normally purchase from will be placing my 2022 order as soon as the order is able to be entered into the system. I'm not 100 percent sure of the date. I have heard that ordering can begin on April 8th, but I have also heard that the first allocations for 2022 will not be available until some time towards the end of April.
Seventh Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #22
Camarokid1996
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2ss/rs TF edition
Regardless if I get an order in for a '21 or a '22, is it safe to assume that either one would be delivered around the same time or does production begin later for the 2022? Just don't want to wait 4+ months for a car if possible
Camarokid1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 06:37 AM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarokid1996 View Post
Regardless if I get an order in for a '21 or a '22, is it safe to assume that either one would be delivered around the same time or does production begin later for the 2022? Just don't want to wait 4+ months for a car if possible
Regardless of which you order, 3-4 months of wait time would seem likely right now due to supplies shortages. GM is actually not holding the Silverado/Sierra trucks due to chip shortages and is continuing to deliver them minus the fuel management controls. It's possible they could make a similar move with other vehicles and just push them through to the dealerships with features missing... That you paid for...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 07:33 AM   #24
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
No... I mean unless Chevy gives me a reason to. 6th Gen it still 6th Gen and I already own the best color... Soooo... Mine is paid for as well...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:21 AM   #25
Hitman84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifth Camaro View Post
Same here. I couldn't find a local dealer (that I would purchase from) with an allocation for 2021. So, the dealer that I normally purchase from will be placing my 2022 order as soon as the order is able to be entered into the system. I'm not 100 percent sure of the date. I have heard that ordering can begin on April 8th, but I have also heard that the first allocations for 2022 will not be available until some time towards the end of April.
I hear ya. Theres two dealers locally I've ordered from in the past around me and both couldn't be bothered to get back to me about oders or flat out lied and acted like they had allocation when they didn't.
Decided to just work with Joe this time. Just waiting on orders to open and don't have to worry about allocation since he sells so many.
An 11 hour drive is worth the service his reputaton brings.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:34 AM   #26
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
I hear ya. Theres two dealers locally I've ordered from in the past around me and both couldn't be bothered to get back to me about oders or flat out lied and acted like they had allocation when they didn't.
Decided to just work with Joe this time. Just waiting on orders to open and don't have to worry about allocation since he sells so many.
An 11 hour drive is worth the service his reputaton brings.
Hmmm... I was very lightly contemplating placing an order with Joe for a '21. I am still considering an order on a '22 and may go through him for that as well. I wonder if it could be made 'attractive enough' to do TWO cars at the same time and transport them (I'd have to trailer my '20 out there as well to trade it if I don't sell it). If you wanna chat about the possibility, send me a PM and let's discuss.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:41 AM   #27
Hitman84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Hmmm... I was very lightly contemplating placing an order with Joe for a '21. I am still considering an order on a '22 and may go through him for that as well. I wonder if it could be made 'attractive enough' to do TWO cars at the same time and transport them (I'd have to trailer my '20 out there as well to trade it if I don't sell it). If you wanna chat about the possibility, send me a PM and let's discuss.
oh I'll just be driving to michigan in my trade, the AWD challenger I'm in lol.
Going to turn it into a bit of a road trip with a buddy of mine.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:07 AM   #28
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
oh I'll just be driving to michigan in my trade, the AWD challenger I'm in lol.
Going to turn it into a bit of a road trip with a buddy of mine.
Gotcha. Mine would be a very different story since I would potentially be trading a Camaro for a Camaro.