Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-16-2021, 02:26 PM   #29
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Is this an issue with any tuned 1le or mainly when the throttle body is swapped? And have the major tuners figured out how to completely alleviate this issue with rev match off at least?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #30
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
just spoke with hp tuners directly..

in order for them to try to add the missing table they sort of need to know where to look, they said they receive requests like this all the time...
I'm goin to contact my tuner and see if he has done this, ( i am guessing he has)
this is where m at so far....
this needs to get resolved
Old 02-18-2021, 09:40 PM   #31
NickeyMatt1LE

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
The 1LE's run less timing at idle and pull more timing on throttle transitions. They share some of the ZL1 strategy due to the e-diff. Some of it can be reduced through the virtual torque. One way to do it is by pulling torque out of the lower timing torque tables by unchecking the "link selections" box. It needs to be done methodically though. Example: -100 lb/ft from the -50 deg table, -90 lb/ft from the -40 deg table, -80 lb/ft from the -30 deg table and so on. Also if you want make further changes after hitting "calculate torque tables" you usually need to go back to stock and start over. In my experience if you make changes and recalculate on top of calculated changes to individual timing value tables the editor starts to skew values and the throttle and timing starts to become jerky and unpredictable. If enough torque is pulled you sometimes need adjust the driver demand tables as the throttle can become overly sensitive. Every car is a little different depending on mods.

There are some tables missing in hp tuners, but also some of this immediate management is done by other modules on the network which we have no access to. If you log immediate torque source you will see "axle" and "unknown". During those events timing usually is being controlled by another module. The user defined parameters feature in hp tuners can be used to have tables added to the editor. This requires defining a missing table out of the raw code using tuner pro. You first need an obd reader that will read out the stock unencrypted .bin such as a Kess v2. Hp tuners encrypts the code when reading with an mpvi and saving as a .hpt file. You either need to be extremely fluent in hex code (most likely someone who codes for a living) and be able to define them yourself, or have access to a2l or damos files from GM. Not an easy task.
NickeyMatt1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 07:48 AM   #32
biker2k

Drives: 2018 2ss 1le
very informative
i will share this with my tuner..
Old 02-22-2021, 10:07 AM   #33
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Anyone know if this has also been an issue on m7 c7s many of which had an elsd as well?
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #34
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Would this (apparently 1LE specific) issue present itself if you were to only swap to the LT2 intake manifold on an SS 1LE (with stock throttle body). I’m considering to upgrade from SS to SS 1LE and want to be able to swap to the LT2 manifold with no issues. I do not plan to tune the car (at least not initially).

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote