Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #85
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Last year I rented a 19 SS with the run flats and I noticed immediately how bad they are, but I loved the car otherwise. Drove 500 + plus on a road trip with my son and we both felt it was a comfortable car.
that's a point - my car has PilotSS and they ride much better than the stock RF did!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #86
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
IDK man. My 1SS 1LE soaks up bumps better than my wifes Taurus SEL, and it's a pretty decent riding car. If it's on a road with old pavement that has a constant rough texture to the surface (it males a bbbrrrppp noise while driving) my wifes car is more comfortable, but the MRC definitely does a very admirable job of soaking up sudden impacts and bumps. My car is the only GEN6 I've ridden in, but I've always heard that even the non- MRC setup is a reasonably smooth, and not harsh ridding car.

Does the non-1LE SS car come from the factory with the lifting blocks on the front springs? IDK if that's been mentioned yet and I don't feel lile reading thru 6-7 pages. If it does (which I don't think it does as you don't have a big splitter to clear) that would be the most likely culprit.

If you car has these orange blocks on the front springs then you should remove them as they're only there to lift the front of the car an inch or so, so that the front doesn't scrape when load/unlading from the transport trailor. They're not supposed to be used for anything else and the dealership is supposed to remove them when the cars are unloaded. They often don't though.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #87
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
IDK man. My 1SS 1LE soaks up bumps better than my wifes Taurus SEL, and it's a pretty decent riding car. If it's on a road with old pavement that has a constant rough texture to the surface (it males a bbbrrrppp noise while driving) my wifes car is more comfortable, but the MRC definitely does a very admirable job of soaking up sudden impacts and bumps. My car is the only GEN6 I've ridden in, but I've always heard that even the non- MRC setup is a reasonably smooth, and not harsh ridding car.

Does the non-1LE SS car come from the factory with the lifting blocks on the front springs? IDK if that's been mentioned yet and I don't feel lile reading thru 6-7 pages. If it does (which I don't think it does as you don't have a big splitter to clear) that would be the most likely culprit.

If you car has these orange blocks on the front springs then you should remove them as they're only there to lift the front of the car an inch or so, so that the front doesn't scrape when load/unlading from the transport trailor. They're not supposed to be used for anything else and the dealership is supposed to remove them when the cars are unloaded. They often don't though.
Post #81. Great minds think alike haha
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 05:18 PM   #88
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
wait till you modify your suspension and then modify your exhaust to make it louder so you dont hear your suspension haha
Old 08-11-2020, 06:55 AM   #89
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Post #81. Great minds think alike haha
Read through the whole thread - the blocks have been mentioned a few times, looks like OP checked, didn't see them.
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:18 AM   #90
Reddy1LE

Drives: 1SS 1LE
If it’s standard suspension, is it the same as the 1SS?

I rented a Camaro 1ss in Florida. Car felt comfortable to me, ended up buying a 1LE after that. Daily drive NYC and it’s not bad at all, I had low cars for a good 10 years until i stopped messing around with suspension. 1LE has no qualms especially with the 30 size tire.
What this car really needs is a notification eliminator. There's a wi-fi notification. Bluetooth notification. Parking brake disabled notification. Always some annoying notification popping up. - Navigator post
Reddy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 09:39 AM   #91
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I daily as my only car this one and I like to reply to people that say hey cool car that yes it is indeed quite fun but it can be hard to live with it every single day as your only car, for a variety of small reasons here and there. Putting the 1LE MRC in tour mode and is equivalent to standard SS and I run mine in Sport every day. Tour setting really isn't much to comment on as far as "comfort".
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #92
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
My 1LE is only "comfortable as a DD" for a sportscar. The suspension IS firm, it does get kicked around more in some situations, I do have to be more careful in some situations. IMO, it's more on the edge of what is acceptable and any more would just not be practical (despite all of the ZL1 1LE guys that swear their suspension is "not stiff"). I had a BMW and it was just too floaty/soft. Better as a DD for someone that wants softer suspension. Based on the OP's complaints, I don't think they are going to fix this issue and still drive a sportscar with the same level of aggressiveness.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #93
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Putting the 1LE MRC in tour mode and is equivalent to standard SS and I run mine in Sport every day. Tour setting really isn't much to comment on as far as "comfort".
I actually find the "tour" setting to be fairly unusable. The sways are so stiff that you basically need the extra damping provided by Sport or Track, Sport most of the time. Otherwise, the car keeps getting kicked around more. The situations where I can use "tour" have to be pretty smooth to start with just due to this (or I have to be creeping at a slow walk), which kind of erases the point of it.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:29 PM   #94
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I go into Tour mode in neighborhoods (especially my own as I do like my neighbors and it keeps the noise down a little). Sport mode once I get out and on the way though. Sport mode feels smoother, handling more comfortable, all around my go-to. Track mode handing is so stiff I am amazed when I read comments that some people use that as their daily driving mode.
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:55 PM   #95
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
Track mode handing is so stiff I am amazed when I read comments that some people use that as their daily driving mode.
Yeah track mode almost eliminates power steering assist. Reminds me of when my Stepdad used to drive old Ford 9000s for a living. He let me try to drive - well, steer, I couldn't shift yet lol - once when I was a kid. I couldn't get the steering wheel to budge an inch lol
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 02:07 PM   #96
AlphaDream
Piston Slapper

Drives: Volt gen2, Colorado V6, soonCamaro
In my view the 2SS has a taut but acceptable ride, but that only holds true for the roads I've driven one on and my own personal standards. I know it's too late now but you should have gotten Magneride.

Agreed on the noise, the Camaro is a noisy car, though not as bad as a 86/BRZ. You can apply your own sound deadening treatment to attenuate road noise but it adds weight so there's a trade off.

Honestly I would just trade up to a 2SS with MSRC. It's only money and the marital bliss will be priceless.
AlphaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 03:30 PM   #97
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
I daily as my only car this one and I like to reply to people that say hey cool car that yes it is indeed quite fun but it can be hard to live with it every single day as your only car, for a variety of small reasons here and there. Putting the 1LE MRC in tour mode and is equivalent to standard SS and I run mine in Sport every day. Tour setting really isn't much to comment on as far as "comfort".
The standard SS suspension is the equivalent of MRC sport, not tour.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #98
VengefulMMA

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
I don't daily my 2ss but have no complaints, surprisingly the wife comments how comfortable the car rides... but then again she is used to being in a 1997 GTS
2016 Sanata fe ultimate
2001 Jeep XJ
VengefulMMA is offline   Reply With Quote