Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #15
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The Alky Control kit does not come with a tank..it uses the washer fluid tank. I think the kit from Snow Performance has a trunk mounted kit. My installer recommended the Alky control kit as they use steel braided lines and is overall a higher quality system.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:45 AM   #16
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoz28 View Post
Not to high Jack but where are you all mounting the Alky pump and tank? I would like to mount in the trunk.
The Alky kit uses the factory windshield tank - I am still working on the Alky install but I am very impressed by the quality of components and how well thought out it is.

If I had any complaints - it would be the instructions. They give you a set of pretty much text only instructions on about 10 pages of paper, most of which are 5th gen instructions adapted to the 6th gen. IE- they want you to mount two LED lights in the dash, with pictures of the 5th gen dash. Where they have the LEDs, there is no way they would work on the 6th.

The install is not for the faint of heart. Remove nose, passenger fender, modify tank, tap vacuum source, mount Alky MAP sensor, several electrical runs (MAP signal, 12V hot, 12V switched, tank sensor switch, remote unity, controller, and two LEDs), run pressure lines, mount new windshield tank, extend windshield lines, extend washer wiring (I am actually putting a 2qt washer tank in the trunk)
Old 04-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #17
hot 2017

Drives: 2017 silver camaro ss
With the lt4 blower did you go with map or maf set up
hot 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #18
hot 2017

Drives: 2017 silver camaro ss
Heater thanks for the reply.
hot 2017 is offline   Reply With Quote