Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #43
BryceClark89

Drives: 01 Alero GLSV6/ 07 ZX-14/ 06GTO
So your telling me that the V6 1LE will put down quicker laps than last gens "SS" not ss1le...that's pretty impressive. ...and the new 2016 SS is faster than last gen 1LE ...is it possible we are looking at a 45-47 grand camaro that's as fast or faster than last generation ZL1!!!!!!!? Which intake should be as quick or quicker than a GT350 HOLLY COW so glad I waited to order my 6th gen
Owned lifted 88 dakota two door short bed V6 4x4, Yellow/black LB9 powered 85 IrocZ28 MODS Edlebrock intake, throttle body spacers and mass air flow sensor, Edlebrock full exhaust, K&N drop in's, B&M 700r4 shift kit. 2001.olds alero GLSV6, BIKE~ 2007 Lazer Metallic Blue ZX-14
BryceClark89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Is the ride height noticeably lower? If so wondering if this could lead to the MRC lowering springs we've been hoping for.
Ride height (to my eyes) looks about the same as the SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Only worry is price.

With 6 pistons, Recaros, e-diff, MRC, etc all standard, this is not going to be a $3500 option...I hope it's under $5000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Well, it'll be more than the $3500 of the 5th gen, that's for sure. However, I love that the HUD is standard but man......going to cost us.
No, I just don't seeing being $3500, either...but...consider how much is included in the price estimations....If you option a 5th-gen 1SS with 1LE, Recaros, and Dual Mode exhaust, it's $41,000. Pretend we're adding the 6th gen 6-pot brakes, and Mag Ride....we're talking $46,000 (before you consider the e-diff!!)....that's a huge gap of nearly nine grand over a 6th gen 1LE. I just don't see them charging nine thousand dollars for the package...this is going to be a steal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
What's the curb weight and F/R distribution on the V6? I have a feeling that may be the true sleeper of the bunch. I'm also surprised they didn't offer a base suspension and MRC as an option like the Z51 on the C7.
It's good. They didn't release official numbers, but I believe Al estimates the V6 to be around 3500 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Why standard MRC? That makes no sense at all. Optional? Fine, not really an issue for me but standard? That's a disappointment.

You can kiss $3500 goodbye. I guess the GT350 put them in such a bad spot, they had to push the 1LE harder. Let's hope performance wise it matches up. I guess making it 1SS only was a way to keep it from being GT350 territory.
There's just no denying that MRC is an outstanding technology that delivers good performance.

Interestingly, they didn't engineer this car to take on the GT350. They had much of the decisions for this car finished a while ago, before the GT350 was released. Coincidentally, the two will probably be compared. Without releasing performance figures, the team seems to think it'll hold it's own fairly well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
I for one am glad to see the v6 guys get some love. Let's face alot of younger buyers could careless about having a v8 yet they still want a good driving/handling car (BMW 1&3 series,350/370z,Genesis,g35,mustang w/pp). Chevy nails it again!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedWraith View Post
Thanks for making me feel like my computer was bugging out when my thread changed and got locked Looks like I accidentally stole a little of your thunder sorry lol

I won't be getting a 1LE because I want the A8 but damn if this doesn't give me a tough decision. That green is gorgeous and if it goes into production I'm going to want it but I want to order my new 2SS right before my lease ends (August). When would we know about the new production colors for the 2017s?
Apologies. We'd like to consolidate the impending mess of posts.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:34 PM   #45
Mr Pinchy

Drives: 2016 C7, 2016 370Z, Future 1LE
Is the hood wrapped at the factory or dealer? I might prefer it without it depending on the color of the car.
Mr Pinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #46
Gen_Nick3.8

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE
Please everyone lets try to convince GM to offer 2SS
Gen_Nick3.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #47
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Why? If they're able to make it better than the last model and beat all the "it rides to rough" that the 5th gen got then its a smart move.
Cost for one. Also, my understanding is it's not legal for some, or a lot of, racing classes, so people who buy the 1LE to use it, would have to modify it before they can even use it as intended.

I have no interest in MRC. Now, I either don't buy another 1LE or be forced to pay for something I don't want and then pay a lot more to replace when worn. That's my biggest issue.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:36 PM   #48
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankaholic View Post
Probably because it has actual track benefits... doesn't seem like they cared much about giving us the most GT version of the 1LE in other areas.
Think it has more to do with addressing the major complaint of the previous 1LE, ride quality. Also may have made a decision to save cost on the package by only developing one suspension option vs the 2 for the Z51. I would have bet money they would have gave it as an option, but guess not. Pretty clear they are gunning to beat the GT350TP.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:38 PM   #49
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
There's just no denying that MRC is an outstanding technology that delivers good performance.

Interestingly, they didn't engineer this car to take on the GT350. They had much of the decisions for this car finished a while ago, before the GT350 was released. Coincidentally, the two will probably be compared. Without releasing performance figures, the team seems to think it'll hold it's own fairly well!
I never said MRC wasn't an awesome technology. From that standpoint, it's amazing, just not want I want. They literally did the one thing that keeps me from upgrading to a 6th gen.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:41 PM   #50
Tomfoolery

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
So happy to see green for '17. You can put me down for a green LT right now. Take my money lol
Tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:42 PM   #51
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Wow, was not expecting this news to hit at midnight on a Tuesday night / Wednesday morning.

I'm kind of excited for what prospects this has for the 2017 model year, since I doubt these will be sold as 2016's. It means we're getting:

- New colors. Hopefully that green is offered, but we'll see.
- Some way of ordering the SS with the blade from accessories package
- Performance data recorder

I myself would love to have 2SS with 1LE, but I understand that purists would not like this. But with a HUD standard and the ability to add the spectrum lighting kit, it'll be pretty close to a 2SS if you configure it properly. The only thing that you would be lacking is a good sound system — I kind of wonder if that can be added to a 1LE build sheet separately. Probably not? :/
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #52
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
So what material are the Recaros? I thought it said leather REAR seats, huh? What's the deal with front and rear seat materials?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #53
red_riot

Drives: Track Camaro
Quote:
And let's not forget they said its 3 SECONDS FASTER than a SS around a road course. That's f'ing HUGE!!!!! The gt350 is in serious trouble.
first thing that jumped out to me after reading it. 3 seconds is massive in road racing.
red_riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 PM   #54
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Looks like they gave us everything a track enthusiast could want in a Camaro. Awesome that it's available on the V6. I would love to have one as a daily driver. Hope it's available in Hyper Blue, should look killer. Yes it will cost more this time around but it comes with a heck of a lot more. Glad to see the 1LE logo on the 6 piston brakes. Wonder why they didn't just make it a model this time around considering all the changes? Anyways, hell of a job GM.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #55
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
It's surprising how many guys want the "track" version of the camaro to have every option available and an automatic transmission. I think you may be missing the point.
I know I'm fine with it. But if it could be had with a 2SS and auto, I would have considered it. As it is, I'll be happy to piece some of the parts together once they are released.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #56
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I never said MRC wasn't an awesome technology. From that standpoint, it's amazing, just not want I want. They literally did the one thing that keeps me from upgrading to a 6th gen.
Why not wait and test drive the car first and let the results speak for itself? The car should be a screamer.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro 1le, 2017 camaro, 2017 camaro 1le, 6th gen camaro 1le, camaro 1le, camaro 1le 6th gen, camaro forum, camaro forums